Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-27-2009, 10:47 PM

Default browning x bolt

Can anyone out there help me to find a new Browning X bolt Medallion in .243 in the Edmonton area. There are not any at wholesale and the salesman there gave a big "I DUNNO" when I asked him when they would be getting any. Typical.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:27 PM

Make sure you try both stores. I went to the South store to find they had no 17 hmr, the computer system said none in stock for either store but when I drove to the North store they had 1 left on the shelf.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonedocks View Post
Can anyone out there help me to find a new Browning X bolt Medallion in .243 in the Edmonton area. There are not any at wholesale and the salesman there gave a big "I DUNNO" when I asked him when they would be getting any. Typical.
I hate wholesale.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
I dunno is probably the correct answer. With all the export BS Stateside, and couple that with Brownings convoluted booking and supply system, trying to get a delivery date is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

Remember Canada is but a small and very distant end user of a very long supply line.

There are no absolutes

Last edited by Dick284; 12-28-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:13 AM

Do you need it to be in Edmonton?
Cat
Old 12-28-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
I dunno is probably the correct answer. With all the export BS Stateside, and couple that with Brownings convoluted booking and supply system, trying to get a delivery date is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

Remember Canada is but a small and very distant end user of a very long supply line.
Unfortunately this is true, although the WSS staff member surely could have communicated this better.

Although I have had problems with Wholesale staff (north store only) in the past the reality is that they don't have any idea what stock is coming period. I find this a source of frustration but it's not the fault of the guy behind the counter.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
" . . . is like trying to nail jello to a tree . . . "
No problem ... it ^ 'can' be done!

The trick, is to use more than one nail -

GW

Old 12-28-2009, 12:35 PM

P&D in Edmonton may have what you are looking for.If you don't mind driving for an hour or so, try Bashaw Sports, Pud can probably fix you up.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:42 PM

Go to there Browning web page and get the numbers to all of there dealers. Start calling. Somebody should have that gun.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:38 PM

Default brownings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSM View Post
Go to there Browning web page and get the numbers to all of there dealers. Start calling. Somebody should have that gun.
Thanks WSM. Thats probably the best way to go about things. Im still a little "challenged" when it comes to using the computer.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
go to WSS, either store and you can order one. if there are none at any other locations one will be brougt in from browning
Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJT View Post
go to WSS, either store and you can order one. if there are none at any other locations one will be brougt in from browning
Is that right! When I asked the salesman at wholesale to order one for me he said "o.k" then proceeded to walk off and help someone else without taking down my name,phone number,deposit or anything. I cant believe the way that they conduct business there.On the other hand I phoned Bashaw Sports Centre today and they were more than willing to help me order a Browning. I will drive the extra hour or so rather than support "Nosale sports".
Old 12-29-2009, 09:57 PM

Check the LeBaron website (www.lebaron.ca). They are based out of Quebec but ship coast to coast. If you buy a $25.00 annual membership you will also get a 10% discount.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Is that right! When I asked the salesman at wholesale to order one for me he said "o.k" then proceeded to walk off and help someone else without taking down my name,phone number,deposit or anything. I cant believe the way that they conduct business there.On the other hand I phoned Bashaw Sports Centre today and they were more than willing to help me order a Browning. I will drive the extra hour or so rather than support "Nosale sports".
Bashaw is a good store, I have shopped there as well. Can't comment on the north store but the South Edmonton store should do it no problem
Old 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM

Try Pipestone Archery, just south of Leduc and West of Millet. I believe he can order one for you.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:42 PM

you can also try atlas outfitters in leduc
i think i saw one there and its a great lil shop
www.atlasoutfitters.ca
Old 12-30-2009, 08:48 PM

As mentioned above if you can't find a dealer in your area go to http://www.browning.com/dealerlocator/index.asp you can call any browning dealership and I have never had a problem with a gun being shipped to me except make sure you ask if your not happy with the gun when it arrives can you send it back just in case.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 PM

The gun stores in Bonnyville (Sylvestres), Stettler (Battle River I think) or Tofield may have one in stock. Just google the town and gun and you will get the /. I think all 3 are Browning dealers.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-31-2009, 02:09 PM

Last time I checked P&D is not a browning dealer the only way they may have one would be used

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
P&D in Edmonton may have what you are looking for.If you don't mind driving for an hour or so, try Bashaw Sports, Pud can probably fix you up.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:08 AM

Default browning x bolt

check out this shop http://www.alflahertys.com he has a large selection of browning in standard and magnum calibers