Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-26-2023, 07:59 AM

Default Wildwood range

Does anyone know if the wild wood range was hit by fire?

I purchased a first time family membership here in April and was waiting for orientation or even a date for orientation but then fires kicked in grinding things to a halt for good reason

All I see on the website is temporarily closed and have not been informed of anything else

Figured I would see if anyone here knows anything before I start trying to set up an orientation date
Old 05-26-2023, 08:15 AM

Default Wildwood

I was told 2 weeks ago by a friend that everything except the buildings burnt but haven't seen it for myself.

According to the website the Cleanup day is still going ahead on June 3rd and the monthly General Meeting is June 8th.

Phil
Old 05-26-2023, 08:20 AM

Thanks yeah it didn’t look good when I was looking at the fire maps
Old 05-26-2023, 11:35 AM

Just talked to Pat. The fires just skirted around the range. The fire only licked one of the berms. He was out there a week ago and everything was just fine. No other damage. Lots of burn around the edges. Very lucky!

He figures there should be an update posted on their web page. But since there are still hot spots and plenty of personnel in the area, that the club is going to wait until the situation gets a bit better. It looks like the Wildwood area did get some rain, which has really helped.

Pray for more rain!
Old 05-26-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Just talked to Pat. The fires just skirted around the range. The fire only licked one of the berms. He was out there a week ago and everything was just fine. No other damage. Lots of burn around the edges. Very lucky!

He figures there should be an update posted on their web page. But since there are still hot spots and plenty of personnel in the area, that the club is going to wait until the situation gets a bit better. It looks like the Wildwood area did get some rain, which has really helped.

Pray for more rain!
Good to hear

Definitely need more rain in this neck of the woods