Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-27-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
A bolt action AR-10? Laughing!
Look at the receiver, and magazine, does it just look like an AR-10 by coincidence?

Old 11-27-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Look at the receiver, and magazine, does it just look like an AR-10 by coincidence?

Except one small difference. The complete battery system.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-27-2018, 08:23 AM

That's awesome that a particular cartrage has more than any of the above, so that pretty much ends the thread right there.

It dosen't really matter to the majority of folks since we'd rather travel across the Americas, or around the world doing different things.

Shooting sports and fishing, shooting sports and camping, shooting sports canoeing the rivers, shooting sports and hunting, shooting sports and sight seeing, shooting sports and farming, shooting sports and competion.

That's where the highest numbers of more comes into play.

More or less I think, Ha.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:

My Lord, take a look at what you just posted.
This is the EXACT argument we have been fighting for how many years- because it LOOKS like something it should be banned?

You are saying because it outwardly LOOKS like an AR 10 it is based off that?
Try switching some parts around and let me know how you make out!
Cat
Old 11-27-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
My Lord, take a look at what you just posted.
This is the EXACT argument we have been fighting for how many years- because it LOOKS like something it should be banned?

You are saying because it outwardly LOOKS like an AR 10 it is based off that?
Try switching some parts around and let me know how you make out!
Cat
The Tubb 2000 was designed to use a specific magazine, so it was based on the rifle that used that type of magazine. Classification wise , it is still a bolt action rifle, but the resemblance to the AR-10 is not by coincidence. Ad the Creedmoor cartridge was also designed specifically to function in that type of magazine. The entire package was designed specifically for one shooting discipline, and one platform, which s why is works so well for that application.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
The Tubb 2000 was designed to use a specific magazine, so it was based on the rifle that used that magazine. Classification wise , it is still a bolt action rifle, but the resemblance to the AR-10 is not by coincidence.
It's a bolt action plain and simple, NOT a semi auto.
There are pumps and semis that take comparable mags as well, are they the same?
Why can you not get that through your arrogant know it all head!
C'ya, I'm done with this BS.
Cat
Old 11-27-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
It's a bolt action plain and simple, NOT a semi auto.
There are pumps and semis that take comparable mags as well, are they the same?
Why can you not get that through your arrogant know it all head!
C'ya, I'm done with this BS.
Cat
Yes it is a bolt action rifle, that is obvious, but the lower receiver was based on the AR-10 design. My point is that the cartridge was purpose built to fit that specific magazine, which was originally designed to be used in a semi auto rifle. That is the reason that the Creedmoor cartridge was developed in the first place.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:59 AM

Default Creedmore

And the talking in circles goes on, and on
Old 11-27-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Again,

The CM has more factory ammunition selection than any other 6.5. It has more reloading component and tool selection than any other 6.5, it has more factory rifle selection than any other 6.5, and it has excellent case design. You could also apply the above to 95% of the other cartridges out there as well. Not just 6.5’s.
Cool to the CM has no advantage over a number of other calibers/ cartridges and it's just a preference.

When I bout my long range rifle last year I researched exactly what I wanted... A 300 wm with 1:10 twist.
When I went to purchase the rifle ( a 700 LR) the guy behind the counter made it a point to sway my buying choice to a different rifle in 6.5 CM because I would be happier/ better off using that round....first he attempted to say I was just getting the wrong caliber in the 700LR until I pointed out the LR doesn't even come in CM then he switched and was pushing a whole different brand of rifle simply because it was a CM and it was better. I politely told him I understood all the merits of the CM but I wanted the 300 and made my purchase.....I'm sure many buyers get swayed while buying and end up with something based on what the sales guy likes/ dislikes.

thanks for answering my question , the CM has no advantage over most other calibers.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
The Tubb 2000 was designed to use a specific magazine, so it was based on the rifle that used that type of magazine. Classification wise , it is still a bolt action rifle, but the resemblance to the AR-10 is not by coincidence. Ad the Creedmoor cartridge was also designed specifically to function in that type of magazine. The entire package was designed specifically for one shooting discipline, and one platform, which s why is works so well for that application.
What is this wild opinion based on?

-Billy Molls
Old 11-27-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Yes it is a bolt action rifle, that is obvious, but the lower receiver was based on the AR-10 design. My point is that the cartridge was purpose built to fit that specific magazine, which was originally designed to be used in a semi auto rifle. That is the reason that the Creedmoor cartridge was developed in the first place.
The Tubb 2000 is designed to work with a myriad of cartridges.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-27-2018, 10:23 AM

I just found out that Hornady now sells bulk bullets in lots of 250,,, what a deal.

More of is definitely a good thing.

I hope Hodgen comes out with 5 gallon pales of powder soon, both of mine are dwindling down after this 2018 season. Ha

It takes Ten 8 lb jugs to fill those pales you know,,, Ho Hummmmm... The last round was 16 jugs to top things off.

Buying bulk is Gooder
Old 11-27-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Cool to the CM has no advantage over a number of other calibers/ cartridges and it's just a preference.

When I bout my long range rifle last year I researched exactly what I wanted... A 300 wm with 1:10 twist.
When I went to purchase the rifle ( a 700 LR) the guy behind the counter made it a point to sway my buying choice to a different rifle in 6.5 CM because I would be happier/ better off using that round....first he attempted to say I was just getting the wrong caliber in the 700LR until I pointed out the LR doesn't even come in CM then he switched and was pushing a whole different brand of rifle simply because it was a CM and it was better. I politely told him I understood all the merits of the CM but I wanted the 300 and made my purchase.....I'm sure many buyers get swayed while buying and end up with something based on what the sales guy likes/ dislikes.

thanks for answering my question , the CM has no advantage over most other calibers.
You quoted the advantages above. They are actually factual advantages that can be measured.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-27-2018, 01:14 PM

Using the term “advantages” when comparing cartridges should be replaced with “features” because that is what shooters are looking for! I can’t speak to the CM (don’t have one), so will heap some praise on the features of its fraternal twin (with which I have considerable experience) that looks the same but is slightly shorter (1.8mm) ....the 6.5 X 47 Lapua.
* easy to tune for consistency
* capable of launching a 130gr bullet at 2900 FPS from a 24” barrel
* seats long 140 gr VLD bullets at about 2.8” which fit in the SA magazines of most/all rifles
* low/moderate recoil
* feeds efficiently in push-feed systems. Assume the same would apply to CRF.
* good quality brass maintains integrity for up to twenty reloads without annealing.
* relatively long barrel life.

Last edited by 260 Rem; 11-27-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Using the term “advantages” when comparing cartridges should be replaced with “features” because that is what shooters are looking for! I can’t speak to the CM (don’t have one), so will heap some praise on the features of its fraternal twin (with which I have considerable experience) that looks the same but is slightly shorter (1.8mm) ....the 6.5 X 47 Lapua.
* easy to tune for consistency
* capable of launching a 130gr bullet at 2900 FPS from a 24” barrel
* seats long 140 gr VLD bullets at about 2.8” which fit in the SA magazines of most/all rifles
* low/moderate recoil
* feeds efficiently in push-feed systems. Assume the same would apply to CRF.
* good quality brass maintains integrity for up to twenty reloads without annealing.
* relatively long barrel life.
The CM has all these “features” with the “advantage” of being much more widely available in both accessories and rifles.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-27-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
The CM has all these “features” with the “advantage” of being much more widely available in both accessories and rifles.
I would add to the “features” I listed:
* long neck to facilitate loading a wide range of bullet lengths.
I agree that the CM “features” are the same...with the CM ‘advantage’ being that it is available in a wide(er) range of over-the-counter firearms and ammunition.
Does anyone know the SAAMI spec freebore for the CM?

Last edited by 260 Rem; 11-27-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
What you believe are advantages and features are no better than many other rounds available.
It's YOUR preference that makes it better for you. Not it's capabilities. There are dozens of equaly capable calibers that's the point. The CM doesn't do anything others can't
Old 11-27-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
What you believe are advantages and features are no better than many other rounds available.
It's YOUR preference that makes it better for you. Not it's capabilities. There are dozens of equaly capable calibers that's the point. The CM doesn't do anything others can't
These advantages are facts. You can’t dispute them. They are what they are. You keep arguing a point that is immaterial.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-27-2018, 03:58 PM

Well, if these threads keep going the way they have lately there will be another topic right up there with religion and politics that will be taboo to talk about on here soon...

Why all the butt hurt on both sides of the fence?
Old 11-27-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Well, if these threads keep going the way they have lately there will be another topic right up there with religion and politics that will be taboo to talk about on here soon...

If you figure it out, let the mods know please...
Old 11-27-2018, 07:54 PM

Lol I like poking the fun once in a while. CM guys are all alike....there's nothing wrong with the round in fact, it's just not all the CM crowd likes to pretend it is...one thing for sure is if you shoot a CM EVERY one knows it:-) and they are easily goaded
Old 11-27-2018, 08:36 PM

Every time my Creedmore recoils is like getting a hug from our Heavenly Father, trumpets sound and the angels sing. It fills me with joy and thankfullness.

What does your Creedmore do for you?
Old 11-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Every time my Creedmore recoils is like getting a hug from our Heavenly Father, trumpets sound and the angels sing. It fills me with joy and thankfullness.

What does your Creedmore do for you?
Lol, that’s what happens with my Grendel too.✌️
Old 11-27-2018, 10:07 PM

I am just glad the Creedmore is so popular now I have a much better range of bullets to choose from then the 30 or so I had before in my .260 or 6.5x55, and yes the powder selection I am sure must have increased as well? from the 20 or so choices I had before. And Brass? How did I ever get by shooting that garbage Norma or Lapua brass ?????.

And accessories?? I am still trying to figure that one out? are you talking like flashlights and laser sights and such????

I am glad that after 45 years of shooting that darn METRIC European bullet that it has gained some respect in North America.

IF I didn't own a .260 or a 6.5x55 would I buy a Creedmore? probably but I might just as easily bought a 6.5x47 or........?
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:32 AM

Same at my end

I've been having conversations in my noodle with I, Me, and My Self about the Creedmoor.

The unit is golden, it has all the bling I've been looking for along from what I read.
Low recoil, endless amount of energy to harvest game around the world,,, and a supply chain of the most components over 95% of firearms ever built.

I'd definitely spend more time at our range of 1600+++ members sharing the excitement of this catrage.

A Hornady Creedmoor Cap and the Black Shooting jacket with bright red lettering fore sure.

I'd let folks know that I sold off all my former rifles since the 1 Gun in Creedmoor is all I need.

Folks are crazy to own all those other garbage calibers since they don't stack up to nothing. Ha

Of course people will tell me to shut my pie hole,,, but I'll just keep talking smack like I normally do.

All they will hear is me rambling to my self at the shooting line,,, when they look over to the shooting bench,,, they will see my big massive Creedmoor poster flapping in the Wind.

I might even change my name to Darrel,,, it kind of rhymes with Creedmoor.

Hi, how do you do,,, my name is Darrel and I shoot, Ha,,, you all ready guessed it my friend,,, a Creedmoor,,, did you know that it is golden.

Yuppers,,, once I get those 25/06's sorted for gifts,,, shoot out my 30 caliber rifles,,, I'm going full force into the Creedmoor category.

Lot of F Class, PRS in Canada and the USA,,, then try out for both National Teams,,, purhaps I finally found my calling in the little engine that could.

It will be easy for I, Me, and My self to promote the Cartrage since I have friends and Family all around the world.

I'm kinda glad this thread and the 100 of others are soon to follow on this forum.

Of course I need to get my timing right when My big sell off happens.

Rebarreling the Super F Class rig,,, re-tool the 30/06 Hunter class since I'll be the only person in the world to own the first ever Long action 6.5 Creedmoor,,, then turn my Feather weigth 08 into a Sweeeeeeet Creeeeeeed.

If you can't beet the system,,, then we might as well jump on board.

I think I hear my calling, if I can just get my mind on task and the old hands of steel going,,, I'll be golden once again.

Yuppers,,, I can see the new team logo hanging at our Shooting range this spring coming up.

Team Pie Hole shoots here. LOL

Creedmoor Creedmore, Creedmoor,,, babble dabble drabble, erggy burggy murrgy eurrgy,,, morff morff morff... That's my Mom's Norwegian side of the family coming out. LOL.

The only question is not if it's going to happen,,, but when it will.

Pal Darrel

PS: I won't be held responsible if you spit coffee across the table when you read this post. Ha

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 11-28-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
I am just glad the Creedmore is so popular now I have a much better range of bullets to choose from then the 30 or so I had before in my .260 or 6.5x55, and yes the powder selection I am sure must have increased as well? from the 20 or so choices I had before. And Brass? How did I ever get by shooting that garbage Norma or Lapua brass ?????.

And accessories?? I am still trying to figure that one out? are you talking like flashlights and laser sights and such????

I am glad that after 45 years of shooting that darn METRIC European bullet that it has gained some respect in North America.

IF I didn't own a .260 or a 6.5x55 would I buy a Creedmore? probably but I might just as easily bought a 6.5x47 or........?
Accessories: Brass, bullets, reloading equipment, ammunition etc

-Billy Molls
Old 11-28-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Same at my end

I've been having conversations in my noodle with I, Me, and My Self about the Creedmoor.

The unit is golden, it has all the bling I've been looking for along from what I read.
Low recoil, endless amount of energy to harvest game around the world,,, and a supply chain of the most components over 95% of firearms ever built.

I'd definitely spend more time at our range of 1600+++ members sharing the excitement of this catrage.

A Hornady Creedmoor Cap and the Black Shooting jacket with bright red lettering fore sure.

I'd let folks know that I sold off all my former rifles since the 1 Gun in Creedmoor is all I need.

Folks are crazy to own all those other garbage calibers since they don't stack up to nothing. Ha

Of course people will tell me to shut my pie hole,,, but I'll just keep talking smack like I normally do.

All they will hear is me rambling to my self at the shooting line,,, when they look over to the shooting bench,,, they will see my big massive Creedmoor poster flapping in the Wind.

I might even change my name to Darrel,,, it kind of rhymes with Creedmoor.

Hi, how do you do,,, my name is Darrel and I shoot, Ha,,, you all ready guessed it my friend,,, a Creedmoor,,, did you know that it is golden.

Yuppers,,, once I get those 25/06's sorted for gifts,,, shoot out my 30 caliber rifles,,, I'm going full force into the Creedmoor category.

Lot of F Class, PRS in Canada and the USA,,, then try out for both National Teams,,, purhaps I finally found my calling in the little engine that could.

It will be easy for I, Me, and My self to promote the Cartrage since I have friends and Family all around the world.

I'm kinda glad this thread and the 100 of others are soon to follow on this forum.

Of course I need to get my timing right when My big sell off happens.

Rebarreling the Super F Class rig,,, re-tool the 30/06 Hunter class since I'll be the only person in the world to own the first ever Long action 6.5 Creedmoor,,, then turn my Feather weigth 08 into a Sweeeeeeet Creeeeeeed.

If you can't beet the system,,, then we might as well jump on board.

I think I hear my calling, if I can just get my mind on task and the old hands of steel going,,, I'll be golden once again.

Yuppers,,, I can see the new team logo hanging at our Shooting range this spring coming up.

Team Pie Hole shoots here. LOL

Creedmoor Creedmore, Creedmoor,,, babble dabble drabble, erggy burggy murrgy eurrgy,,, morff morff morff... That's my Mom's Norwegian side of the family coming out. LOL.

The only question is not if it's going to happen,,, but when it will.

Pal Darrel
Enough. Just wow.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-28-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Enough. Just wow.
Sorry if you read into my post the wrong way Chuck, but if anyone on this forum can promote the Creedmoor like no other in National match F and PRS,,, or hunting,,, then to bad.

In matter in fact,,, I can switch to 6.5 Creedmoor by 8 am if I choose,,, and I can register a shooting team at my choosing if I want.

Funny that all of a sudden the tables turn when only certain people are allowed to join in on the good times when others can't.

Nope,,, I'm joining in at my choosing since I look after number one first. Ha
Old 11-28-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post

Probably for similar reasons that a vast number of posters never contribute anything related to the topic. Rather they go about nipping at heals and causing problems.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-28-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Sorry if you read into my post the wrong way Chuck, but if anyone on this forum can promote the Creedmoor like no other in National match F and PRS,,, or hunting,,, then to bad.

In matter in fact,,, I can switch to 6.5 Creedmoor by 8 am if I choose,,, and I can register a shooting team at my choosing if I want.

Funny that all of a sudden the tables turn when only certain people are allowed to join in on the good times when others can't.

Nope,,, I'm joining in at my choosing since I look after number one first. Ha
Carry on then.

-Billy Molls