Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-03-2004, 12:31 PM
unregistered guns?

Default unregistered guns?

If you want to buy a used gun from somebody and it isn`t registered, can you register it after you buy it or is it illegal to register an unregistered firearm?

model 7
Old 03-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Mr3030

I was told by a fellow at Millarm in Edmonton that you can still register a used unregistered gun on the CFC web site for free. I never bothered to check it out but if you really felt that you need to - check it out. If all else you can still sell or trade it in at Millarm - they still take the unregistered guns. I know some dealers will and some wont. don't ask me why.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:52 PM
regitrarion

Default regitrarion

thanx
do you have the actual website adress, I`d like to check it out

model 7
Old 03-05-2004, 01:13 PM
RackHunter

Default Re: regitrarion

you can find it here . www.cfc.gc.ca .
Old 03-07-2004, 03:14 PM
guns

Default guns

thanx for the site

model 7
Old 06-04-2005, 03:46 PM
madasscreations

Default Re: guns

You can register guns that have never been registered before. But it's a pain in the @$$. I recently picked up two 303's and it's been a nightmare. The gun must be inspected by a verifier, this is a volunteer trained by the CFC. They will come to you or you to them and inspect the gun. Measure the barrel and confirm its what you say it is etc. Then it will be compared to a known firearms chart. Then you can submit the paper work. The web site says no more that 30 days, thats a load of crap. Mine has taken over 10 weeks and still have not received the paper work, although i have been told its in the mail. Anybody has more questions message me.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Registering an Unr

Default Registering an Unregistered Firearm

yep.. they'll certainly register it and not charge you.. you're helping them achieve their objective - Registration..

They know that they have a huge problem with the number of people (myself included) who have to this point refused to register their firearms.. there's tons of un-registered guns out there which would definitely remain unregistered if they charged anyone while registering a firearm, and that is not the intent of the registry.

I have taken the PAL course and have my permit, but have simply refused to register a single firearm, I/they have peace of mind knowing that the Government deems me capable of handling a firearm, but not how many/what firearms I own. (my view is its my personal property, and none of their business) Incidentally, I do not own/possess any restricted/prohibited Firearms.

Salty
Old 06-15-2005, 03:46 PM
osterb

Default Re: Registering an Unregistered Firearm

think of it this way, the liberals claim there's 7 million guns registered and 90% compliance.

In 1980 they estimated there was roughly 20,000,000 guns in Canada so even though gun culture might have or not have become more popular it still doesn't explain how 10,000,000+ firearms went missing.

Cooey (winchester) made I think it was 7,000,000 alone.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:21 AM
hummm

Default hummm

I too have an un-reg. gun.... I want to reg. it but because of the hassle don't. But I also do not take it out anymore...Hunting nor shooting because of what might happen if I get caught....Its funny, criminals who abuse firearms(murders,robbers,gangs...ect,ect.ect) still and always will have access to guns ,while the people who love them and don't get in trouble, suffer. O well another excuse for a sponsorship scandal
Old 06-30-2005, 07:44 AM
osterb

Default Re: hummm

that's the way I look at it :rollin

Like bad enough they made epeole reister, but like now we have to travel to get it "verified"

they just dont get it do they :rollin
Old 06-30-2005, 08:40 AM
Hummm

Default Hummm

I have to ask why have a gun if you dont hunt with it or shoot it what's the point.Just asking
Old 06-30-2005, 08:18 PM
ownership

Default ownership

I have faimly heirlooms I don't shoot, I have guns requiring rare ammo I don't shoot, and I have guns I just like that I don't shoot, at least not often.

Kev
Old 07-05-2005, 01:56 PM
osterb

Default Re: ownership

Quote:
I have to ask why have a gun if you dont hunt with it or shoot it what's the point.Just asking
What's the point of having a car made in 1910...take wild guess!

"collectors" end to own gunz too sonny boy
Old 07-06-2005, 01:28 PM
WTF

Default WTF

I dont know oster what is the (point ) of haveing a car from 1910.I dont guess its a waste of time .Hey sorry i asked .If i dont use it i dont keep it it just starts to pile up and collect dust but if you need a hobby power to you.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:49 PM
McCurdy1234

Default Re: WTF

Why wouldn't you take out an unregistered gun? Like anybody cares anyways.......
Old 07-08-2005, 08:48 PM
osterb

Default to each his own

Quote:
I dont know oster what is the (point ) of haveing a car from 1910.I dont guess its a waste of time .Hey sorry i asked .If i dont use it i dont keep it it just starts to pile up and collect dust but if you need a hobby power to you.
I don't get people who collect stamps or coins either (guilty of a few coins in a collection :rollin ) but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I don't really collect much, I know. Some people enjoy it. Hopefully someday I'll have a rather large room dedicated to guns.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Stir thing's

Default Stir thing's

Sorry whitetail i was just asking not trying to stir anything.If the pms have problems about me let them say so .Pms do you have a problem with me useing this board like whitetail says .Hes like a spokes person?????
Old 07-19-2005, 08:09 PM
osterb

This post has been deleted four times :\

Can you PM me instead of deleting every post I make? Really if I'm that much of a menace to society someone should at least tell me
Old 07-19-2005, 08:13 PM
south b

Why dont you email them and ask its that EASY I would think .
Old 07-19-2005, 08:17 PM
osterb

Default Re: Stir thing's

Usually when Someone rains on my parade I get a PM explaining who I've offended etc, but this is rediculous :|
Old 07-19-2005, 08:25 PM
south b

email them its that easy.I THINK .
Old 07-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Morbius131

Osterb,

I have not personally seen or deleted the posts you are claiming has been deleted four times but I am sure you are just as aware as the Mod that deleted it as to why it was deleted. If you want an long explanation I am sure you will get one but come on lets not waste anyones time here. Come on Osterb we don't edit and delete posts because we want to and have nothing better to do so lets not turn this thread away from its intended purpose.

By the way this thread has great view points!

Morb
Old 07-20-2005, 08:30 AM
osterb

Maybe it does it automatically? I've seen this happen before for no apparent reason :eek

Anyways. I've had a long struggle with the registry and have seen sides that make me agree with it in some points but when you weigh the sides I want it scrapped.
Plus the way the police chief's and representatives are praising it with no solid proof makes me want to puke.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:36 PM
McCurdy1234

Quote:
I've had a long struggle with the registry and have seen sides that make me agree with it in some points
Name one

Old 07-21-2005, 09:46 AM
osterb

There are too many idiots in this world and I'd hate to say you can't trust people to only trade with licensed owners.

2. If your guns are stolen the numbers are on file in case you forgot to copy them down...

Other than that? 1 billion dollar bag of uselessness.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Bear Ballz

So 2 billion dollars is O.K. cause you can't find a pen and piece of paper.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:44 PM
osterb

Pretty much :rollin

What ****es me off is when the liberals say it forces people to report their guns stolen....

WHO WOULDN'T??????????????

"Oops, my guns were stolen again! Tough luck, I'll see about it in a week or two?

Who wouldn't report a break in or stolen guns?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:17 PM
McCurdy1234

I wouldn't report all of mine if they were stolen at this very moment
Old 12-08-2005, 02:21 PM
redneckjake

I do not like the idea that I had to register, as I am a peace officer, and would lose my job if I were arrested for having unregistered firearms. Having said that, I might want to have a firearm that is unregistered so when big brother comes to collect all my registered firearms, I would still have some means of protection. I have had some of my firearms stolen, and the insurance company will only replace those firearms that are registered.

John
Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 PM
straitshooter

DID you know the RCMP officer who was charged in st albert, and found guilty on dec.14-05 sad story he ended his career>: