Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Herd Master

Default POL TO PAL Video help .

I'm in the process of upating my POL to a PAL and I've read through the training manual and done the questions after each section .While researching for the Exam I found this video that walks through the whole manual and I thought it was a pretty good link so I'm posting it here .

www.cfc.gc.ca/compliance-conformite/safety-surete/safety_course_video_e.asp
Old 01-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Herd Master

While I did my exam on Friday and acheived a 98 % on the practical and 100% on the written . I'm sending off the material tomorrow with a money order as I heard the process goes quicker if they don't have to wait for the cheque to clear. I will keep you folks posted on the turn around time on getting my new card .
Old 01-01-2006, 01:15 PM
lilsundance

took me around 30 days turn around time for my upgrade.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Herd Master

Default Re: POL TO PAL Timeline

While I received my new PAL card today,one month and 2 days turn around time . I even got a notice in the mail saying it was incomplete because even though I've been married for 22 years I still had to check off the common law part of the application . I just gave them a quick call and they completed the form over the phone , so remember to fill this seaction out on your forms when you apply for a Licence .