Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Vinman1103

Default Buying Unregistered Firearms

Hello,

I found a firearm in the Bargain Finder which I am interested in purchasing. Upon contacting the owner, I was advised that the firearm had never been registered. All of my firearms were registered under duress sometime ago. Any of my additional purchases have been new firearms through gun dealers. I have never personally experienced any registration problems.

I read what literature was available on the Government website which seems like a bunch of smoke & mirrors. At this point phoning the Government directly is not on my list of things that I want to do.

Any comments on how I should handle this purchase if I decide to move forward ?

Thanks !
Old 11-04-2005, 07:49 AM
osterb

yes

1. If you want to obey the blasted legislation you must call the verifier's network (found on cfc website) and have someone verify your gun and give you an FRT number. You can then register it online.

2. You live in Alberta so the firearms act is near void :rollin

3. If it's a handgun, don't do it.

4. Keep his name and address just in case Jon Doe Isn't being honest about whether if it's his or not. (undoubtedly rare but still plausible)
Old 11-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Vinman1103

Good tips osterb - Thanks !
Old 01-31-2006, 09:29 AM
kellyandbeth

in other words its too damn much work, leave them unregistered.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:27 PM
pintailslammer

Hey

When you can buy an unregistered firearm there arent to many worries as long as the guy is up and up with you.
We dont have any unregistered firearms any way right:lol
That is what the gun controll was all about right?:rolleyes

I'd buy it in a heart beat if it's what you want, It would be like old times:lol :lol :lol

Pintailslammer
Old 02-15-2006, 03:06 AM
grandslamer1

anyone that registers a gun now is worst then hitler
if it wasnt for those who complied the gun control bill would have been killed along time ago
Old 02-15-2006, 07:12 AM
osterb

Quote:
anyone that registers a gun now is worst then hitler
I think that's a little harsh man.

Problem
1. Stores had to comply, were we to have them go bankrupt?
2. People don't like going to the range and being horrassed by law enforcement (it's happend)

Now verifiers I agree with. I really don't know why so many people rushed out to become verifiers.

They to me are the devils advocate.

Also not everyone lives in AB.
In Ontario they are not so nice about it.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:01 PM
59whiskers

Default useless registry

There are so many unregistered firearms out there right now. Every gun owner knows someone that did not comply completely or not at all with this registry. When my wife and I registered ourselves at a Canadian Firearms Centre for our POL's the government still screwed up on our photo I.D.. There is lots of miss information about firearms in the registry and lots of multiple certificates for one gun.
There are lots of phantom guns in this registry. This registry is such a mess if I was a cop I would not bank my life on it. There is risk for anyone not being able to produce a POL or PAL and a registration certificate for a gun. Hope this useless registry is dumped soon.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:03 PM
osterb

Default Re: useless registry

Hahaha

Everyone I ever meet at the range said, bah, I didn't register any of mine :rollin