Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
That's funny man! lol

Lefty if you have any class you can step in any time and tell these good folks the truth. I am not counting on it thought!
Actually it isn't all that funny. Why do you keep bringing Lefty into this, what in the heck does it have to do with you being presented every opportunity to qualify your claims? For your information, Lefty IS a class act. Not a braggard, always willing to help others, not only with informative posts, but he also is the AO Express mule. He's participated in the DV rodeo, donated stuff, has shown his skills as an archer both in competition and what's in the freezer. If I understand correctly, he's also donated his cooler space to you. I've seen Lefty shoot, in fact it came down to the wire between him and I at the DV rodeo a couple of years back. Should you and him stand shoulder to shoulder on the firing range, my money would be on him, not some braggard that has no intention to prove his far fetched claims. In fact, Lefty isn't the only one I'd put my money on, there are many others here that I'd pick, one of whom is a fine lady shooter. The only thing that you've accomplished here is to make a name for yourself that none will forget very soon. Enjoy playing this shooting game all by yourself as you seem to be the only witness that you need.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I never said it was Lefty's fault! I only said that right now he can confirm that I am an excellent shot, but is refusing to.

Oh Jeez.... here, perhaps I can help.

You are an AMAZING shot. And you have a gigantic %#$# too (the two usually go together, no?). There, better?

Happy new year!
Old 12-29-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I never said it was Lefty's fault! I only said that right now he can confirm that I am an excellent shot, but is refusing to. Pretty interesting since he is reading every post on this thread.

I also said that I will post a video of me shooting free hand at 500 yards with my 300 WSM and 30-06. No frills, just good reliable rifles with excellent scopes, at a time that suits me.
I can't comfirm you are an excellent shot because I have never shot with you, my Dad never told me any tales of grandeur either....sorry to burst your bubble, if he had told me you were a good shot I would repeat it here but he didn't.

I do know the falling out between you and Dad was because he decided to hunt with his boys one weekend instead of you....and you called him up after drinking and acted like a jilted teenage girl.

For the record...my Dad never took you out hunting to "his" spot because it wasn't his spot...it was mine, and I told him I didn't want you going there. It was a private land parcel that I obtained and it was not his land to allow you access to....plain and simple, so if you wanna be mad about it be mad at me

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 12-29-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:24 PM

edmhunter the math I brought out is REAL and can be validated by any competant shooter here. Saying my husky handles it well is not an answer. Do you even comprehend what I'm talking about?
Your claim is that under any condition at any time you can just dial up to 500 and hit a paper plate, while the MATH says that you already have a 7" 3 shot group not accounting for wind and shooter error. My question for you was how does your scope handle all these issues. As stated shooting REAL data and using moa turrets and range cards allows me to adjust to any weather condition at any time and can minimize these variables. how does your scope make these adjustments..
by the way at 1000 yds its a 14" group built right into your shooting platform and thats with a SD of ten its not unheard of to see SDs run into the high teens low twentys.
Seems to me you have no real idea of ballistics and are well suited to a "simple idiot proof" scope and as for 500 yd off hand 10" groups well....I think when you miss it will have everything to do with everything else other than a faulted shooting system and lack of skill.
your scope will work 100% of the time if conditions are exactly as its turrets are built for with only the single group of three or five rounds it was modeled after. outside of those parameters its not fool proof, and I seriously doubt the fool behind the trigger is smart enough to know how to make the changes needed to make one shot hits at long ranges. Seems to me like you are an armchair shooter who has got himself way in above his head. my advice would be to shut up and LEARN from some of these guys.
Many of which are better marksman then you and are certainly better students of the gun than you. Your general lack of knowledge shows any gunman your true colours
Old 12-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Oh Jeez.... here, perhaps I can help.

You are an AMAZING shot. And you have a gigantic %#$# too (the two usually go together, no?). There, better?

Happy new year!
Amazing, not sure I will leave that to others, well fed on venison yes.

Thank you for your New Year tiding! Wishing you a great time in the out of doors in 2015!
Old 12-29-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
I never said it was Lefty's fault! I only said that right now he can confirm that I am an excellent shot, but is refusing to. Pretty interesting since he is reading every post on this thread.

I also said that I will post a video of me shooting free hand at 500 yards with my 300 WSM and 30-06. No frills, just good reliable rifles with excellent scopes, at a time that suits me.
How does August sometime suit you? Say the weekend of the Rifle Rodeo in Drayton Valley? I will pay for your entry fee, not to try and taunt you into coming but I would consider it a small price to pay to see someone shoot the way you claim to be able to. I would ask in return that you give myself and my son a couple of pointers on off hand shooting form. I consider myself a decent shot at best and would have to be on my game to shoot 3 or 4 consecutive shots into a 6" target from a standing position from 100 yards.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I can't comfirm you are an excellent shot because I have never shot with you, my Dad never told me any tales of grandeur either....sorry to burst your bubble, if he had told me you were a good shot I would repeat it here but he didn't.

LC
Did your father and I bring back 5 mule deer from my hunting spot within 2 days and did I shoot three of them all mature one of them on the full run free hand. And did I not hit the target at 500 yards several times without a bench in an open field. Go ask your father, and please confirm?

Thank you.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
How does August sometime suit you? Say the weekend of the Rifle Rodeo in Drayton Valley? I will pay for your entry fee, not to try and taunt you into coming but I would consider it a small price to pay to see someone shoot the way you claim to be able to. I would ask in return that you give myself and my son a couple of pointers on off hand shooting form. I consider myself a decent shot at best and would have to be on my game to shoot 3 or 4 consecutive shots into a 6" target from a standing position from 100 yards.
I don't need anyone to pay any entry fees for me sir, but thank you for offering.

Last edited by edmhunter; 12-29-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Banned

Hey FAV, happy new year to you friend. edmhunter actually believes his own hype, I think that there is a medical name for that....it escapes me though or I can't spell it, it's got ******ology or ***** ism or something along those lines.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
At a Sweetgrass shoot, I managed to hit and knock down the 1st ram, I also got a confirmed hit on the 3rd one but it didn't go down, I think that I hit him in the nuts. Oddly enough (maybe not so odd), it's the turkeys that always go unscathed. By turkey, I wasn't refering to "that" certain dude either. Still managed to shoot well enough to bring home some iron. My secret?.....t'was a good ON day and maybe some luck too.
I am with you on the turkeys. They are by the hardest.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
That's funny man! lol

Lefty if you have any class you can step in any time and tell these good folks the truth. I am not counting on it thought!
I called you a liar because of your shooting claims. It had absolutely nothing to do with Lefty, his father, does, fawns or anything else. You are classless beyond belief talking about someone's family members, but you have been called out solely because of your ridiculous, fantastical claims. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I called you a liar because of your shooting claims. It had absolutely nothing to do with Lefty, his father, does, fawns or anything else. You are classless beyond belief talking about someone's family members, but you have been called out solely because of your ridiculous, fantastical claims. Nothing more. Nothing less.
REALLY! What do you know, squat as far as I can tell
Old 12-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
I am with you on the turkeys. They are by the hardest.
Yeah, I hate turkeys, unless of course next to the cranberry sauce....lol.

Quote:
I'd say you know even less.

There are no absolutes

Quote:
Hey FAV, happy new year to you friend. edmhunter actually believes his own hype, I think that there is a medical name for that....it escapes me though or I can't spell it, it's got ******ology or ***** ism or something along those lines.
Hey buddy, Happy New Year to you as well!
The claims are lofty for sure, but I would love to see someone with that kind of skill. I have had the pleasure to share the line with some great shooters who are great people as well. I always have time for people like that, maybe "edmhunter" is one of them, maybe he is a bag of wind sitting at a keyboard trolling away... either way I would like to be there to see which it is.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:49 PM

Correct me if i'm wrong guys but if he can shoot inside of 2 MOA at 500 then 2" at 100 is as simple as it gets as there is no wind to contend with and as most of the LR shooting bugaboos don't come into play yet. Id love to see this as much as the 500 yarder. 5 rounds into a 2" circle standing offhand too hard ok lets do 3 rounds oh he probably won't even go for that. even 1 round placed onto a 2" marker at 100 yds free hand. what do you say edmhunter?

Quote:
I don't need anyone to pay any entry fees for me sir, but thank you for offering.
You are welcome and I stand by the offer.
I get the feeling you have dug yourself a deep hole and instead of grabbing a ladder, you keep reaching for the shovel. Think of my offer as a rope, use it to climb out of the hole a bit or use it to hang yourself, figuratively speaking.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
Hey buddy, Happy New Year to you as well!
The claims are lofty for sure, but I would love to see someone with that kind of skill. I have had the pleasure to share the line with some great shooters who are great people as well. I always have time for people like that, maybe "edmhunter" is one of them, maybe he is a bag of wind sitting at a keyboard trolling away... either way I would like to be there to see which it is.
I give you my word FallAirFever, I will post the video. Still waiting for Lefty to confirm??
Old 12-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
You've been called a liar, a braggart, a fake, nearly everything under the sun that you could be called somewhat politely in the shooting community. You've been given several opportunities to set things straight with generous offerings of fuel, a ride, food, a heated place to shoot, money. Yet you fail to step up to the plate. It is not likely that any future posts that you author on this forum will ever be taken seriously, with a grain of salt. No, you have etched your name memorably with so many that it may be best to hide out in shame.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I give you my word FallAirFever, I will post the video. Still waiting for Lefty to confirm??
You will be waiting a long time...

You and Dad shot 5 deer...which likely Dad gutted all of them

You shot some rocks at distance in a field I don't know if it was prone, sitting, kneeling, on a bipod on a truck hood or whatever....I am not getting my Dad any further involved in this rodeo....he doesn't play on the Internet.

Remember I wasn't there and I don't recall Dad saying I should ask for your autograph because you are the best he has ever seen.

Clear?

LC
Old 12-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
even 1 round placed onto a 2" marker at 100 yds free hand. what do you say edmhunter?
back in my peak when i was shooting gophers all the time i could get them right around 100 almost every time from a knee without too much hard work. i'm thinking at least 3/4 pretty consistent

standing i think i could get something like one in 5 or one in 10
Old 12-29-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
back in my peak when i was shooting gophers all the time i could get them right around 100 almost every time from a knee without too much hard work. i'm thinking at least 3/4 pretty consistent

standing i think i could get something like one in 5 or one in 10
Damn...now you got me thinking about gophers...how many months left..4?
Old 12-29-2014, 04:08 PM

Default Who's the best long distance shooter

I once lit a wooden strike-anywhere match shooting at it with a pellet gun at 10 yards. Probably my best shot to date. I've tried it many times since and can't get it lit.
I bet edmhunter could light it at 100 yards with his Browning Mountain Ti 300 wsm topped with a Husky with custom turrets shooting 180 grain Nosler Trophy Grade Accubonds ,9 shots out of 10.

Did I miss anything important edmhunter? Like maybe what colour your socks are or how close you shaved that morning?
Old 12-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Worthless.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post
I once lit a wooden strike-anywhere match shooting at it with a pellet gun at 10 yards. Probably my best shot to date. I've tried it many times since and can't get it lit.
I bet edmhunter could light it at 100 yards with his Browning Mountain Ti 300 wsm topped with a Husky with custom turrets shooting 180 grain Nosler Trophy Grade Accubonds ,9 shots out of 10.

Did I miss anything important edmhunter? Like maybe what colour your socks are or how close you shaved that morning?
Yeah, you forgot the lot # on the box of shells.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Damn...now you got me thinking about gophers...how many months left..4?
December and January are the only months on my bucket list for gophers

but march is best for snow painting
Old 12-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
You will be waiting a long time...

You and Dad shot 5 deer...which likely Dad gutted all of them

You shot some rocks at distance in a field I don't know if it was prone, sitting, kneeling, on a bipod on a truck hood or whatever....I am not getting my Dad any further involved in this rodeo....he doesn't play on the Internet.

Remember I wasn't there and I don't recall Dad saying I should ask for your autograph because you are the best he has ever seen.

Clear?

LC
Your right, your dad did gut all 5 deer and is excellent at it, typically I gut my own animals, but your dad is great at it and was the first guy in. Being a butcher, your father really knows his stuff when it comes to cleaning animals in the field, not to forget building the most excellent meat coolers!

No you were not there and that's a fact, and the shots I was taking with my 30-06 with my 4200 Rainguard Elite were at 500 yards.

Hope you got to taste some of the critters we brought home, there were pretty tasty. By the way when I shot that mulie on the run your father yelled great shot, which made me smile! I usually hunt alone, without confirmation or adulation.

I have no animosity to anyone here and wish all of you a great season in the out of doors in 2015. May your aim be true and your families belly's be full.

Quote:
Ofcourse, all of the ammo has to be from the same lot or it would not be consistent for that magic that Corlain's dumped into that Husky.

Quote:
laughing aloud
Old 12-29-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Lol oh yeah I forgot. Should have added Leftys dad has to be present to confirm the hits and misses.