Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-31-2009, 06:17 AM

Default Remington Authorised Warranty and Repair centres

Per the info below, there are two locations in Sask, one in Alberta and one in BC. Since I have to ship the gun anyhow to get it fixed on warranty, does anyone have a recommendation on any of these. Even in warranty work not all places are created equal. Thanks all, help is appreciated, never had a gun that needed warranty repair within Canada before.

The Tactical Advantage
428 Gibb Wynd
Edmonton, AB T5T 6W7
780-702-2945

and Saskatchewan has two

M-S Stockmaking
100 1st Street W.
Leader, SK SON 1H0

Saskatoon Gunsmith Shoppe, Ltd.
2310 Ave. C North
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 5X5
306-244-2023

and BRITISH COLUMBIA one

Del Selin Gunsmith, Ltd.
2803-28th Street
Vernon, British Columbia V1T 4Z5
250-545-6413
250-545-6413 Fax
Old 12-31-2009, 06:55 AM

Default gravel agencies

if i was you i would send it to the Canadian remington rep center

the Gravel agencies in Quebec. they have bilingual staff

you can find there info on the web or canada411

BC
Old 12-31-2009, 10:07 AM

I just went through all this.

You need to send it to Gravel in Que.

I talked to repair center in BC and one in Sask and they were both rude and had no interest in dealing with my Remington repair.

Gravel was actually really good to deal with. Very polite and quick service.

Give them a call and see what they want to do with your rifle.

Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building
Old 12-31-2009, 11:45 AM

Thanks guys. called Gravel, they are closed till Jan3 rd for the holidays but no problem, will call them Monday next week. Thanks again and Happy new year.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:03 PM

I just received my SPS Varmint back from Gravel about a month or so ago. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but they seem like nice enough people. My only complaint was after following up with them about 3-4 weeks after shipping the gun (there was no notification or acknowledgment they had received it) and finding out they were waiting for a part from the US, suddenly it showed up one day at the door. No one called or emailed to say it was done or that they were shipping it back. I could've been on holidays/away/whathaveyou and wouldn't have been able to change my plans to allow for receiving it.

There was no further information, nothing in the box about what was fixed or anything. Just received it back, and I suppose I can now hope for the best.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt however, and assume they have done a good job of repairing it, the lack of communication notwithstanding. They are probably up past their heads in warranty repairs for Remington as they are THE repair centre for Canada.

Out of curiosity Dean2, what are you experiencing with your gun? Over at CGN, there's been a couple of threads already about people with exactly the same problem I had with mine with the same or similar guns (chamber too tight to close the bolt with a cartridge chambered, so tight it was causing high pressure conditions as evidenced by cratered primers and stretched primer pockets in my case).
Old 12-31-2009, 06:24 PM

Mine is a 700 VS in 17 Fireball. Mine chambers laod rounds fine and shoots well. It isn't hard to chamber loads but it too craters primers, even on minimum loads. I have done extensive web measuring as well as measuring the primer pockets and Rims. There is no excess expansion, nor does it flatten the primer, so it isn't pressure in my case causing the cratering. I have seen craterered prinmers before and beyond pressure they be caiused by too weak a firing pin spring or too large a hole in the bolt. Iwill put in an aftermarket pin and shroud from the guys in Red Deer, would have anyhow, and that will likely cure a lot of it.

In my case the problem is that the trigger shoe on their nifty new Mark X pro trigger broke off right where the adjustment screw goes through it. Don't know when it fell of as I only shot it once at the range Dec 27th and when I got it home, presto, trigger is missing, and it wasn't in the case. Must have dropped off sitting in the rack and I didn't notice when I cased the gun to bring it home.

After thinking about it, I will just order a rifle basix 8 oz to 1.5 lb repacement trigger. It will cost me $50 or 60 to ship the gun insured to Quebec and the trigger is only $145 and easy enough to install youself. Would have probably replaced it eventually anyhow because three pounds is pretty heavy for a varmint or target gun. Made glassing the new stock I put on it easier though.