Old 08-28-2022, 07:17 AM

Yes. I believe it’s on the 17th.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:05 PM

Default Will be there

Just confimed today for 2 tables for 17th
Old 08-29-2022, 07:24 PM

Default websit

Is there a website?
Excuse me, I'm a newbie here. I just googled Thorncliffe gun show and I found Calgary January 2022
Old 09-09-2022, 08:09 PM

Default Not sure there is a website anymore

Thorncliffe is a 1 day show that happens each September and January. I believe the governing body is the Alberta Arms and Cartridge collectors assoc
Old 09-18-2022, 12:08 PM

Default good show

Wasnt like the heyday of 4 years ago where you could not see table content from 3 rows of people in front of you blocking view but definitely busy from 10 AM til 2 PM, slowed a bit from there. Watched a couple reasonably priced rare rifles I had mild interest in and 1 table was clearing out his stuff so had good selection of quality Leupold and Zeiss scopes I kept an eye on in case I acquired one or both of the aforementioned rifles. Second room in hall was not open so I dont know if they had fewer people book tables or it wasnt availalble to rent.
All in all I caught up with a few AO friends who came to visit. Sold a lot of small stuff as did my wife with high end gun socks and her seamstress endeavors. Just at closing a guy from Edmonton approached me about my sporting clays 12 gauge and I dropped the price $50 so it could go home with him. Early start setting up for 7 am but we were home to run the dogs at 4 30 and it was quite a pleasant day.
Old 09-18-2022, 01:06 PM

Had other commitments so I missed it. Was the guy there again , flogging his burnt up scrap metal ? I made him what I thought was a reasonable offer, his answer was, but it's a SAKO.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 09-18-2022, 01:35 PM

Don't know who that would have been but it is vommon at gun shows to see same people with same over priced wares. I recall trying to buy a used sp5 in 28 gauge when they were selling for $3700 new at reputable dealers a few years ago. I offered him $3500 cash on the spot but he said he believed they were worth $4000 in vancouver so eould not budge off his asking price of $3895. He probably still has it. I got turned down on a kimber pro varmint in 204 yesterday. I was willing to go $1000. Since I had rings on my table for it and was looking at a nice zeiss on another table. He was asking 1185. His counter was 1100. That is fine I needed another varmint rifle to add to the 5 I have like I needed another hole on my head so I talked myself out of it using the would need a nice scope and reloading dies argument

Last edited by wwbirds; 09-18-2022 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-18-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Don't know who that would have been but it is vommon at gun shows to see same people with same over priced wares. I recall trying to buy a used sp5 in 28 gauge when they were selling for $3700 new at reputable dealers a few years ago. I offered him $3500 cash on the spot but he said he believed they were worth $4000 in vancouver so eould not budge off his asking price of $3895. He probably still has it. I got turned down on a kimber pro varmint in 204 yesterday. I was willing to go $1000. Since I had rings on my table for it and was looking at a nice zeiss on another table. He was asking 1185. His counter was 1100. That is fine I needed another varmint rifle to add to the 5 I have like I needed another hole on my head so I talked myself out of it using the would need a nice scope and reloading dies argument
Guy's name was Renee, featured in Canadian Firearms, had a fire that destroyed his stock in trade and no insurance would you believe. He brought all the relics to a couple of gun shows and was looking for "reasonable" offers.

Grizz

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8