Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Letters

Default Letters

I'm sooo good at upsetting people. Have many of you guys written any letters yet with regards to Martin's announcment of hand gun ban? I didn't think so. Is it because it dosn't effect you as a long gun owner? Too much trouble? Takes up too much time during Christmas and New Year celabrations? Come on guys , this effects us all as a shooting group. Wendy C who is receiving money from the Canadian Justice office is out to ban "ALL GUNS", not just hand guns, but shotguns, rifles , everything. She believes that your sport or hobby should be elimenated for the safety of society. We have have to stand up TOGETHER and write letters to news papers, MPs, MLAs. I'm a hunter and a shooter and I believe if we get up off our butts and get active we have a good chance. We can't sit around and talk about this. We have to take action. Check out CanadianGunNutz.com there is good info.
Don't expect our province to stop this stuff from happening. They can only do so much for us.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Rub Sign

All candidates in my riding got a letter from me, plus the leaders of all the parties. Politicians have to understand that this knee-jerk reaction, banning guns instead of preventing and prosecuting the crime, does not and cannot work. If they don't hear from you, who are they going to hear from?
Old 12-27-2005, 05:14 PM
59whiskers

Default Letters

Sent my letter to the Liberals asking them why I should vote for them? The 2 billion dollar gun registry is not working in Canada and I have police friends that say so. Why is the vast majority of gun crime gang and drug related? Will taking hand guns and rifles from sport shooters and hunters reduce gun crime? The liberals have not given us a straight answer yet and nor has the Gomery inquirery into the huge amounts of money spent.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:23 PM
letters

Default letters

Well, that makes three of us then.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:04 PM
south b

Default Re: letters

(Well,That makes three of us then .)Well i am sure there is more then that GUEST some just dont care to share it with you ( Thats the way i see it.)
Old 01-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Dick284

I wrote more letters than I care to remember, how many of you joined a group which supports our cause. ie: NFA, CSSA, AFGA, anyone who fights for us, we need numbers not just letters, look at the membership of the NRA, some 4 million bodies, by comparison we should have about 400,000 organized members in any of these groups, I bet we have maybe 40,000. Here lies the problem no one wants to organize or belong to anything. This lone wolfe mentality will be our un doing
Old 01-02-2006, 11:00 PM
59whiskers

I wrote letters, sent e-mails for years to my MP's and MLA's all with the same results, lip service. This election is a waste of time and money. My MP will get elected and continue to get his pay cheque even if we lose more rights to own firearms. Rather than make a financial contribution to a political party for the election, I will use my money to buy a NFA membership.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:50 AM
Tucumseh

Writing letters to a Liberal is not a solution. We need vote them out of office. There's a solution! :smokin
Old 01-04-2006, 04:36 PM
osterb

(This message was left blank)
Old 01-04-2006, 09:54 PM
osterb

I did what I could :hat
Old 01-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Tucumseh

Here are some interesting reads....