Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2022, 12:34 PM
Banned

Talking California

This is the state pushing the hardest for electric vehicles... LOL!

California to Ban Natural Gas Heaters and Furnaces by 2030

The California Air Resources Board (CARB) voted unanimously last week to pass a plan to ban natural gas heaters and furnaces by 2030, ostensibly to reduce smog to meet federal ozone standards, and to lower greenhouse gas emissions.

The plan, which was adopted unanimously by the board, raises questions about how the state’s power grid will handle new demand from electric space heaters in the winter. California homes are generally less insulated than homes in states with colder climates, meaning that the use of space heaters is popular when temperatures dip at night in winter months. The interior regions of the state, which are poorer than the coastal regions of the state, would be more affected by the new standard.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...naces-by-2030/
Old 09-26-2022, 01:10 PM

I fully expect to see proposed laws to limit the amount of time citizens are allowed to consume oxygen … you know , to save the planet
Old 09-26-2022, 05:04 PM

Once you factor in CO2 emissions from building the car, mining/manufacturing the minerals, and then charging the batteries with electricity that is generated by fossil fuels EV’s will expend more CO2 as compared to the average combustion vehicle today.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:51 PM

Have a browse of the real time CO2 NASA satellite data mapped onto the WINDY app, Then realize we are being hoodwinked. Lots of money being made thru the green energy initiatives. The decision makers are pushing it for a handsome payout, meanwhile it solves nothing in the big picture!
https://www.windy.com/-CO-concentrat....283,108.633,3
Old 09-26-2022, 08:49 PM

California...? Look no further than your own driveway to find this stupidity. The Turd has "banned" gas-powered vehicles in 2035.

https://www.canadianbusiness.com/ide...da-ev-economy/

Old 09-26-2022, 09:34 PM

omg ........ Breitbart - just like "the Rebel" or "InfoWars" as far as I'm concerned ...

Well known to take a "snippet" of something and spin it into utter nonsense .... meanwhile the hungry people who line up to consume dribble and utter nonsense just keep re-posting and re-spinning the same merry-go-round misguided crap and re-feeding it ... GAWD I cringe with some of these publications.

FACTS

Not ony California but many places all over the world are adopting ZERO emissions mandates and PLANS - Calafornia's plan happens to start in 2030

Just because the plan kicks off in 2030 does not mean that this is a "light switch" immediate plan, but, rather, a graduated emissions regulation on natural gas heaters phased on over the subsequent 2 decades after that.

There is no "BAN" on the magical date of Jan 1 2030 (although it's fantastic click bait)

Put this in perspective .... This is the EXACT same plan/mandate we have already been living with the diesel and gasoline passenger vehicle emissions reduction standard which has been working for the last 30 years and continues on .... and will continue for another few decades.

xxx

As far as I'm concerned we SHOULD be working towards cleaning up emissions, the environment, conserving water and all that stuff .... the heck with any corporation who rapes the environment to enrich themselves.

I will NOT be a pawn for them.

I will investigate the FACTS for myself instead of repeating lies and dribble and allowing myself to be a TOOL.

This is a grossly irresponsible article by a trash rag publication.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:44 PM

I’ve heard they will limit the farts too, twice a day only…
Old 09-27-2022, 08:02 AM

The Europeans are paying the price for this short sighted attitude and it ain't gonna get better.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 09-27-2022, 08:15 AM

Switching from coal to natural gas for power generation is very low cost way to get more than 50% reduction in CO2. Where the heck do they think the power for EVs and air conditioners in California will come from in future?
Old 09-27-2022, 08:19 AM

The woke crowd will believe anything they're fed

Old 09-27-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I’ve heard they will limit the farts too, twice a day only…
If this be true I am in troubleeeeeeeeee!!!! High fibre guy who crop dusts often!!!!!
Old 09-27-2022, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
If this be true I am in troubleeeeeeeeee!!!! High fibre guy who crop dusts often!!!!!
Well buddy, they are after the cow’s farts already, so guess what- YOU ARE NEXT!
Old 09-27-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Well buddy, they are after the cow’s farts already, so guess what- YOU ARE NEXT!
I opened myself up for that one for sure!!! In more ways than one!!!!
Old 09-27-2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
This is the state pushing the hardest for electric vehicles... LOL!

California to Ban Natural Gas Heaters and Furnaces by 2030

The California Air Resources Board (CARB) voted unanimously last week to pass a plan to ban natural gas heaters and furnaces by 2030, ostensibly to reduce smog to meet federal ozone standards, and to lower greenhouse gas emissions.

The plan, which was adopted unanimously by the board, raises questions about how the state’s power grid will handle new demand from electric space heaters in the winter. California homes are generally less insulated than homes in states with colder climates, meaning that the use of space heaters is popular when temperatures dip at night in winter months. The interior regions of the state, which are poorer than the coastal regions of the state, would be more affected by the new standard.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...naces-by-2030/
By the time 2030 comes around the issue will probably be long forgotten as most people will probably be driving an electric vehicle anyways. When gas prices rise 39 cents a litre in 4 days, as they have this week, the economics alone will be enough to convince a huge number of people to make the switch.....probably on their next vehicle purchase.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:05 PM

I keep hearing about people leaving California, so, if the exodus continues, the industry will leave too, which is also happening. And then what will they do?
Old 09-27-2022, 05:21 PM

I wonder how they plan to keep Donners pass open with electric plow trucks.

I really don’t think these decisions makers ever think outside their boardrooms or beyond their sound bites!

BW
Old 09-28-2022, 12:42 PM
Banned

Arrow

California North:

B.C launches CleanBC Roadmap to 2030

Victoria, B.C.—New requirements will be added to British Columbia’s CleanBC Roadmap which will ensure all new buildings are net-zero. This is one of the province’s additions in an attempt to create a more ambitious climate plan and reach emission reduction targets.

The CleanBC Roadmap to 2030 plan will look to build on the actions of the 2018 CleanBC plan and will look to help B.C. achieve the Paris emissions reduction targets for 2030 and reach net-zero by 2050.

The CleanBC Roadmap to 2030 builds on British Columbia’s progress since 2018 by making polluting more expensive and shifting from fossil fuels to clean alternatives more affordable. In addition, the plan will help power more businesses and communities with clean, renewable made-in-B.C. hydroelectricity.

https://plumbingandhvac.ca/cleanbc-r...o-2030-launch/