Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2019, 09:53 PM

Default Looking for lot near a lake - fairly cheap near edmonton

Hello

Ive been looking for a fairly cheap lot to purchase to put my trailer on for spring/summer/fall use

We dont need to be right on the lake, just something to keep our trailer on and bring our quads out to for many weekends between may and sept.

I saw a few properties in the west cove area for 25K ish. I know the lot size is fairly small, but I am not looking to spend any more than 25K. Ideally somewhere close to a lake near edm that is decent to take the kids swimming to during the summer months and have a few friends join us with their trailers.

Any input on how LAc St Anne is for swimming> any any other things to consider about that area? Ive never been there before, so any imput on this area, or any other areas with fairly cheap lannd available would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for something within an hour and a half of edmonton

Thanks
Old 06-24-2019, 05:40 AM

I live in the area, Lac Ste Anne is good for swimming but not really for shore swimming. Alberta beach’s beach isn’t there anymore because the water is so high but there’s a couple beaches close by to go swim at. Valquinton and Alberta beach, I swim lots in the lake just out of a boat in the middle or at the islands.

I know West Cove has bylaws that if you buy a lot in the village you have to build a dwelling to be able to park a camping trailer on and use. Few villages have those bylaws but there’s a few farmer fields that have sites made up on the north side of the lake or west of Alberta beach.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck 7 View Post
I live in the area, Lac Ste Anne is good for swimming but not really for shore swimming. Alberta beach’s beach isn’t there anymore because the water is so high but there’s a couple beaches close by to go swim at. Valquinton and Alberta beach, I swim lots in the lake just out of a boat in the middle or at the islands.

I know West Cove has bylaws that if you buy a lot in the village you have to build a dwelling to be able to park a camping trailer on and use. Few villages have those bylaws but there’s a few farmer fields that have sites made up on the north side of the lake or west of Alberta beach.
Thank you very much for the info! I didnt know about that bylaw....I will have to look into that.

Same with the lake info - thanks
Old 06-24-2019, 08:39 AM

Lot sold a while back on Wabamun lake at Ascot beach for $750,000. You may have to dig a little deeper to get lot near Edmonton on good lake. Most lakes do not appreciate heavy quad traffic near lakes and most counties have by-laws restricting their use.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:30 AM
Banned

there have been counties all around edmonton who have forced people to move their rvs off their own land due to similar bylaws. These bylaws can be enacted at anytime. I'd look at neighboring counties you want to buy to see how things are treated.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:14 PM

This site shows lots for sale

https://www.mooresrealty.ca/search/g...=list_date_des
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 06-24-2019, 09:43 PM

Thank you everyone!