Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2020, 06:12 PM

Default Honda snowblowers

I just picked up a used hs622 blower, changed all the fluids and did axle seals. This little machine is a beast. I can’t say I’m a huge Honda fan but this blower works extremely well. Honda does have u by the short and curlies! 2 axle seals were $53 and change ! Ouch
But I am extremely impressed with the performance of this little machine !
Anyone else have something to say, good or bad. Tips or tricks ?
Thanks
Old 01-23-2020, 06:46 PM

I have a ton of Honda stuff, mowers, outboards, augers, quad, generators, you name it, I slowly switched everything over to Honda from many other brands ....... why?

Because when I turn the key (or pull the rope) they start .... every-time and no messing around and frustration.

Bullet proof reliability, tough as nails, easy to repair and maintain - what do you really want out of your tools and toys?

Sure they cost more to buy, and parts aren't cheap either, but you are not replacing parts as often and they don't break ..... so ........... I can't afford to buy cheap things anymore ..... so I spend a few extra bucks and buy Honda.

(sounded like a sales pitch .... they should pay me for this infomercial ..... lol)
Old 01-23-2020, 07:06 PM

Yep what he said 😊
Old 01-23-2020, 07:15 PM

Honda stuff is absolutely awesome.

They have their engineering down cold, their stuff runs forever.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:35 PM

Got a Honda lawnmower, Honda trimmer, and Honda CR-V. Yes I could got whatever brands they sell at crappy tire for way less and bought a domestic vehicle but my motto is that generally you get what pay for. And what your paying for is a better engineered machine with higher quality parts. In the end you will come out ahead.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:39 PM

I bought a brand new Honda mower, biggest pos possible! Coil went bad, carb spacer cracked and stuck valves! Mower wouldn’t start! Yes I used premium fuel and fuel stabilizer! I was apprehensive about buying another but this thing performs way above it’s weight class! Maybe because it’s an older Honda!
Old 01-23-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuckwsm View Post
I bought a brand new Honda mower, biggest pos possible! Coil went bad, carb spacer cracked and stuck valves! Mower wouldn’t start! Yes I used premium fuel and fuel stabilizer! I was apprehensive about buying another but this thing performs way above it’s weight class! Maybe because it’s an older Honda!
You must have a odd ball one. Years ago I loaned my Honda mower to a friend who had a lawn care business for 2 years while he was in rough times. It got used as hard as one could. Now 18 years later it can sit all winter outside and still start with a single pull in the spring. I have had a few Honda motocross bikes that got the hell beat out of them and worked fine. Solid equipment.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:54 PM

I have had a 621 for 10+ years.Tough as nails.Most important advice Always Shut the FUEL OFF.If you don't it gets into the crankcase..Flush everything then..
Old 01-23-2020, 09:47 PM

Honda does have a residential line that is a little more affordable. I have a self propelled push mower and a hs 720 blower thats amazing for its size and fast! Doesnt work on hard snow or cut through banks though
Old 01-23-2020, 10:20 PM

At the end of the season, turn the fuel valve to off and run the carb till the machine quits or leave the fuel valve on and let it run till it quits. Then you never have any stale fuel in the carb or tank,
Run premium fuel(shell gold)

Pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuckwsm View Post
I just picked up a used hs622 blower, changed all the fluids and did axle seals. This little machine is a beast. I can’t say I’m a huge Honda fan but this blower works extremely well. Honda does have u by the short and curlies! 2 axle seals were $53 and change ! Ouch
But I am extremely impressed with the performance of this little machine !
Anyone else have something to say, good or bad. Tips or tricks ?
Thanks
Old 01-23-2020, 10:26 PM

Thumbs up

Got a Honda 720 snowblower and like you said it’s a Beast!!!...love it and so do my neighbors as I do there stuff a lot of the time and I’m rewarded with baking for my efforts.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:37 PM

Default 40 HP outboard

I have a 40 HP Honda outboard on a 16 ft Aluminum boat , it is 13 years old and has close to 1000 hours on it, I have gone thru numerous props and had to have the skeg rebuilt, as you can see I spend most of my boating on Northern Sask shield lakes. The motor is built proof and easy on fuel. When its time for a new boat it will have a Honda on it. I also have a 2000 watt Generator and not a problem with it also
Old 01-23-2020, 11:37 PM

Need someone to buy me this one.

It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-24-2020, 05:29 AM

Cleaning the lake are you. !
Old 01-24-2020, 08:42 AM

We run a HSS928 at the shop. Very powerful snow thrower. Have had 0 issues with it. Just make sure you buy a chit load of shear pins. They do gobble them up like popcorn.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:58 AM

I have the Hss928

It currently has 13 hours on it. Had a quite few bolts rattle loose (the chute came right off) and the height adjusting break wont stay engaged so it keeps riding at its lowest setting. But it starts every time....maybe just had a bad tech doing the assembly. I have 3 honda dirt bikes that seems to be indestructible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Need someone to buy me this one.

My in-laws have this one as well and it’s awesome. Not an issue and runs perfect. A beast in the snow!
Old 01-24-2020, 12:08 PM

great machine, engine seals tend to leak tho.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:28 PM

Default Honda Snow Blower

We had a big dump of snow, before and after the cold snap. About 10" or so, well it's warmer now & went to use the tractor and snow blade and did not notice the almost flat front tire right away!

Well tire went flat, and almost spun tire off the rim, was able to inflate the tire back up, after using a heavy duty 2" ratchet strap around the circumference of tire, to seat bead against rim, etc.

Before doing that though, I pulled out my honda 928 HSS snowblower, My Porsche!
9 hp and 28 " hydrostatic drive, electric chute, etc. It's almost 9 YRS old, and not 1 issue, ever. I drain the fuel every year, and run premium fuel , with a dash of seafoam, and mobil 1 oil !

That beast will shoot snow almost 100'

Have several honda power products!!
Old 01-24-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
You must have a odd ball one. Years ago I loaned my Honda mower to a friend who had a lawn care business for 2 years while he was in rough times. It got used as hard as one could. Now 18 years later it can sit all winter outside and still start with a single pull in the spring. I have had a few Honda motocross bikes that got the hell beat out of them and worked fine. Solid equipment.
I retired a 1978 Honda lawnmower like 2 years ago, lasted 40 years.

Started on one, maybe 2 pulls first time out in the spring.

Oil changes and air filter maybe every second or third season. Plugs maybe every 4-5 years. Only thing annual was the blade sharpening. Ran like a dream. Pull the rope, she starts - never an issue - ever.

I gave it away, and the guy is still cutting with it.

Yes - bought a new Honda, self propelled for the wife and daughter who cut the grass while I'm out of town on business - otherwise - would have kept it I think (although, admittedly, it was getting tired and a little under powered as it aged).
Old 01-25-2020, 07:51 AM

Default Mower is a POS!

I also have all Honda products form weed whackers to ATC's to ATV's and everything in between. That said, my $1000.00 self propelled mower is the biggest POS I've ever owned. Motor constantly surges unless under load and now it smokes on cold start. It spent one year of it's 3 year warranty in the shop and it's still a POS. I can't wait until it self destructs so I can replace it with......? The tech told me the new series of mower is not the same as the older one. And only run Shell Gold as was said before.

Good thing I have a 40 year old B&S that came from the dump and cost $25.00 to fix to use when the Honda was broke.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:20 PM

Thumbs up Ariens Snowblowers

I've always been a Big fan of Honda products ... but for snowblowing, I use an Ariens. 👆

I've had it for 4 years now. It's Never failed me ... and it Always Starts, 1st Pull ❗

Selkirk
Old 01-25-2020, 07:24 PM

Have a little led light bar and rectifier coming from amazon to light up this little unit! I’m having more fun with this little blower than my hotrod!