Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2007, 01:12 AM
perchfisher90

Default Re: some things should be ILLEGAL!

mackeylake...i was there at that game lol..it showed those group of people on the jumbotron, everyone cheered and laughed.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:34 AM
kanonfodder

Default Re: ABC

Perch do NOT make a prediction for todays game just keep yer yap closed till the Wings game is over. Focus all your ill will on the team we hate and we shall prevail...........ABC ABC ABC
Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Duk Dog

Default Go FLAMES GO

Come on Kanon be a sport and let him pick a score. :lol :lol
Old 04-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: Go FLAMES GO

Kanon, play nice now. If perchy wishes to make a prediction I say GO FOR IT!
Come on perchy whats your score?

Jamie
Old 04-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Duk Dog

Be careful Jamie if he picks the Flames it could be trouble. :rollin
Old 04-21-2007, 01:25 PM
fallairfever

That music video was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time I almost spit out my coke when Tim Hunters mug was up there. Thanks for the links.
Enjoy the hockey the next couple of days!
FAF
Old 04-21-2007, 04:07 PM
perchfisher90

haha, i already made a prediction I said 3-2 wings..i dropped the theory of not making predictions after last game when the stupid shames won..lol :evil
Old 04-21-2007, 05:07 PM
perchfisher90

5-1 WINGS

What an exciting game...shames just completley choked:rollin :rollin :rollin In true shame fashion:rollin

KIPPER:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

He sure is no Roli when it comes to playoffs:rollin

And as for noodles...man that sure isn't like him:eek I'v always like Mclennen and that is not like him AT ALL...clearly he got too caught up in the moment of his stupid shame team choking. I hope he doesn't get a harsh penalty from the NHL.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:11 PM
slipbobber

Default Flames SUCK

Finally the true colors of the Flames start to show. Mika must of left his lucky jock in Calgary. Whats with the back up goalie. How many slashes does he get for free. Langkow cant take a check without punching someone in the face. That smirk won't be on Jeromes face tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:42 PM
FisherPotch

Default Re: Kipper

I always stay away from this thread but jeeze. Kipper is a stand up guy. I'm glad Mika is nothing like Roli because with out pronger roli is all holi. :rollin :rollin As he proved this season. I've never seen Kipper skate to the ref to B!^(# and roli does it like 10 times a game! Once for every time he gets scored on. And the rest for every time someone looks at him wrong. I goaltended and i can tell u from experience that goalies wear more equipment than any one on the ice, in case u didn't know. Yet the rolo spills his caramel every time a player touches him. If u think the rolo compairs to kipper in any way then u should go to gimble in cgy to have some lazer surgery. In all honesty its u coiler fans that make it difficult to cheer for edm and i've lived next door my whole life. Lived in cgy for 2 years and it was the people that got me hooked. Best fans in hockey!!

I'm not pleased with how they playd today but wouldnt blame kipper.

Ur team made it to the cup final on Prongers shoulders!! Without him they couldn't make the playoffs and roli looked like a siv. I say good luck to the oilers next year cause they are going to need lots of it. And if they fare well. Great. I cheer for my team. Not against there opponent.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:02 PM
perchfisher90

hahahaha, are you even watching nhl hockey? or some other league?? :\ Roli was the only reason for us winning as many games as we did. The reason he let goals in was because he had no defence at all (unlike kipper who lets 5 goals in WITH good defence:rollin Roli only complains to the ref because he has the balls to grab the bull by the horn, and make a point of people running into him. Kipper just whines and crys to himself and lets in MORE goals:rollin ANd whats with the good luck for next year cus we are gonna need it? YOUR the ones who are gonna need it..Lowe has promised to be huge in the trades and said he will be bringing in some good players, Smyth has turned down contracts in NY because he likes edmonton so much and wants to return. Your team however will be ripped right apart by Sutter because they got so many rental players this year (and they still cant perform well in the playoffs:rollin )
Old 04-21-2007, 06:41 PM
FisherPotch

This is exactly why I stay away from this thread. Holstrom is twice the garbage man as smyth. He damn near beat cgy himself today!! Watch any islander games since the trade? Smyth doesnt stand out very much there but in edm he's a GOD? Don't get me wrong I have a ton of respect for captain Canada. But little for someone that cheers against a Canadian team just cause of a rivalry. I'm an Albertan and i'd like to see the cup come back. North of the border would be nice. Its been over a decade!!! If cgy is out I'll be cheering for Ottawa And Van. Not against them!! Im not even gona get into Sutter vs Lowe because there is little compairison. Lowe's name says it all as in lowe in the standings (oops i got into it). There is a reason that the say b!^(#'n and its because the guy that does it is one!! Has nothing to do with balls. I don't watch NHL enless it's playoffs don't have the time and I am far from a spectator. I'd rather be on the ice. As for performing well in the playoffs i say ur correct they need to step it up on the road. I can see this cause i have eyes that work both ways, not incredibly biased eyes that think my team is the greatest thing to ever exsist. I take the good with the bad and i don't dwell on the fact that my team is or isnt in the playoffs. Life goes on Perch let it go. I don't know why Smyth likes it in Edmonton cause there sure isn't much to like. got a ? for ya. Ever been to Calgary? It's a great city.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Re: Kipper

Perchfisher if your still hoping on getting Smyth back next year. You might want to know that sportsnet says that Smyth might be a Flame next year if you never knew that already.:eek So you should maybe quit flapping that our team is going to be ripped apart next year. Maybe coach Sutter has more tricks up his sleeve. :rollin
Old 04-21-2007, 07:03 PM
perchfisher90

hahahahahahahhaha a flame??? sutter prolly cant even afford his friggin goalie nevermind smyth after this year:rollin Fisherpotch, your the one that brought up roli..so I added what I have to say, and it all has to do with balls, kipper should stand up for himself not just cower and let more goals in. You try to stay away from the thread for what reason again? Because someone else has an oppinion? :rollin Smyth will NOT be a shame i promise everyone that...in an interview a while ago they asked him on sportsnet rapid fire questions, and one was first thing that comes to your head of calgary..he said shames. I HAVE been to calgary, and edmonton is just as nice. Smyth likes edmonton because of their fans, the city, and the heart of hockey here in general. Calgary however is full of bandwagon jumpers, and people who try to make them sound more superior when they arent. I never heard them saying all the things they have said in the last few weeks last year!!! Enjoy it when ya can...because it wont last long, and the next year stanley cup champions (oilers) will be laughing at the shames for years to come:rollin I'm smelling a Phily number 2:rollin
Old 04-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Jamie Hunt

Perchy, Perchy, Perchy......
Did your mom drop you on head as a child?

Kipper is one of if not the best goalies in the NHL
Roly is not

Not sure if Smyth would become a flame. I haven’t heard that Calgary was even interested in him.
Not sure if Smyth likes Edmonton or not.. He left because of $50,000 on a huge contract like that, it is peanuts.
Edmonton will be Stanley cup camps next year??? Please refer to my second line above.
Calgary is home to Bandwagon jumpers... Not any more than Edmonton. Does Edmonton have a waiting list for season tickets? Not sure how you describe a bandwagon jumper, but season ticket sell outs don’t.
People from Calgary sounding more superior than they are? Not sure where you are getting this from. But your right, we are better than Deadmonton. Just because we don’t vote Liberal makes us better:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
As far as you smelling Philly #2 I think that stink comes from Rexall place.

I never overly thought Calgary would go far in these playoffs. On paper they are a good team. But paper doesn’t do much for you. They can be a great time at times. Just look at the home record. Unfortunately consistency is key and they don’t have that this year. But they aren’t out yet. Still have hope

Jamie
Old 04-21-2007, 08:00 PM
kanonfodder

Jamie we have a huge wait list for season tickets, don't get all bent cuz Perchy is gettn under your skin. Your team sucked today plain and simple. Kipper has looked more ordinanry than brilliant this year. You have one offensive threat in Iggy and as he goes so do your Phlegms. This team seems to lack cohesivness I said that just after you re-aquired Conroy that he wasn't going to bring your dressingroom together. There are deeper issues that I imagine will come out in the looming offseason. Good luck tomorrow and no matter win or lose enjoy it.......I know I am
Old 04-21-2007, 08:13 PM
perchfisher90

Ahh Jamie..I understand your stress Its ok, it will all be over very very soon..and the shames will be in a better place Just take it easy on the oilers, we dont have near as much golfing experience as you have had in the last number of years:rollin
Old 04-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Jamie Hunt

Guys, you getting me all wrong here.
Calgary squeaked into the playoffs. They are playing the best team in the NHL (Ok tied for 1st)
They are taking them to game 6 with a heck of a chance to send it to game 7.
What more can we ask for. I got to go to a great playoff game. Life is good.

It seems to me, you are the bitter ones......
Its ok, I would be to. After all you almost won the cup last year, you lost one of the best players in the NHL, because he didn’t want to play there anymore, then you lost your heart and sole player, then you won 2 games in 18.
I understand the bitterness. Its ok, go ahead and vent.
:hat :hat :hat :hat

Jamie
Old 04-22-2007, 03:11 AM
perchfisher90

didn't wanna play here anymore? hahahahahaha....he left cus he wanted a chance at a cup..he knew the team was going nowhere this year..

"Pronger won’t be back, but Smyth recently told the Edmonton Journal he might return as an unrestricted free agent. That remains to be seen, but the one thing that is clear is Oilers fans can expect to see a dramatically altered roster when next season finally rolls around."

From nhl.com...why would he say he might be back, and turn down offers from NYI with his reasoning being he wants to talk to edmonton if he doesn't wanna be here? please explain that to me..cus im at a loss:\

You better count your lucky stars the flames beat out the wings...because keep in mind WE played the wings last year in first round, and they were the top team aswell..so if you guys cant...that just makes us better in yet another thing Only difference is last year we made it in with 95 points, you guys made it in this year with 96...the wings last year were 1st by a long shot, having 11 more points than this year...so it should be EASIER for you guys to beat them than us beating them..but thats clearly not the case because we are talking about shames here:rollin
Old 04-22-2007, 07:40 AM
FisherPotch

The reason i stay away from the thread is that i have better things to do than sit on a computer all night and fling mud. I didnt bring up the rolo. Maybe u should re read. Look at YOUR post with about 20 rollin smiley's. Notice the part where you brought up roli? Notice how i have no posts prior to that? I can see that u read this thread about as good as you read what happens on the ice. I didn't want to say it but in my opinion edmonton is a dump compaired to Calgary. Look at some statistics. Consider crime, gangs, murders per capita... it goes on. The fools running your city spend millions on an art gallery rather than your terrible roads. With factors like that i don't see how the two could be very similar. Make some compairsons I know which city looks better on paper, and in person.
About Smyth. Maybe he turns down the NYI offers cause he is geting greedy.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:52 AM
BrownBear416

Default Ahhh.

Perchy,perchy.....perchy

I hate to have to remind you again,but i will....

TEAM GP W L OT GF GA PTS

Vancouver 82 49 26 7 222 201 105

Minnesota 82 48 26 8 235 191 104

Calgary 82 43 29 10 258 226 96

Colorado 82 44 31 7 272 251 95

Edmonton 82 32 43 7 195 248 71 ----This is your pathetic team right here...

A lot of good team go out out in the first round,but how many miss the playoff's by 25 points.8)

The Coilers are going to spend so much time on the greens in the next few years that they will have Tiger looking over his shoulder.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: Ahhh.

Quote:
didn't wanna play here anymore? hahahahahaha....he left cus he wanted a chance at a cup..he knew the team was going nowhere this year..
At last your being honest with your self.
Good job Perchy, the pills must be working

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Jamie
Old 04-22-2007, 10:21 AM
bagwan

I just had to stir the pot a bit here finally. I'm totally neutral (halfway between both cities) and have certainly enjoyed your devotions to your respective teams but when I saw the nice poker table in the buy-sell I thought if Kanon and the boys were going to Jamie's for a poker game, what a nice gift it would make for the host. Heh Heh. Just couldn't resist it, Jamie.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:21 PM
perchfisher90

How can anyone say we dont have a bright future??? Look at our young talent coming up..and to add to that lowe promised he would be big in the free agent market..PLUS we still have Roli

FisherPotch...I didn't mean who said the word 'roli' first|I ...I meant your the one who started bashing him. I replied defending him, just like you did with kipper. So mabey you do sit on here all day like you said you dont.

The shames however are barely pinned together with rental players, which sutter will be demolishing this summer.

Let me remind you of one thing...

EDMONTON OILERS: Still the western conference CHAMPS
Too bad yyou guys only have a 1 in 6 chance of being the new champs, infact not even that...because you guys plainly suck..lol
Old 04-22-2007, 06:28 PM
FisherPotch

Default Let me remind u of 1 thing

The Oilers have ZERO chance of being the champs! They sh_t the bed so badly this year they have no chance of defending there championship.

Honestly perch i hope edmonton fare's well. I like the idea of teams fearing a roadtrip thru alberta. And it makes for some exciting hockey.

If Calgary sucks i don't c why u would think of edm so highly. Maybe u should try dissing a team that did worse than edmonton this year! All four or five of em'.

Do you read backwards? U said i brought up roli, now its about bashing roli? Ur the one that started the bashing. U bashed Kipper and made (in my opinion) a rude comparison, because in my opinion (And most peoples) Kipper is a better goaltender than roli. Actually i don't think they are even close. The rolo will NEVER win a vezina. Don't get me wrong rolo is a good goaltender and all. He has a place (and deserves a place) in the NHL as a starting goaltender.

Your entitled to your opinion. I just disagreed. And now i'm much more involved in this thread than i ever intended to because i like both teams. I guess i shoulda known better.

I may be biased towards Calgary but thats because of edm fans like you. I just think kipper is a better Goalie that is why i posted. I also didn't think the game was his fault so i defended.

On the sitting on here all day thing. The only time i'm ever on the internet is while i'm at work. I'm working right now! (kinda lol) I guarentee you that at 2 in the morning on a sunday i wont be posting on this thread enless im on night shift. But i guess some people have nothing better to do than bit_h n moan.

As for the bickering. I'm done. My life doesn't revolve around the NHL. If i was a sports analyst maybe but i'd rather play than watch. Or go fishing or hike'n. Most certainly not infront of the boob tube. Perch there is a reason that your not a sports analyst and i think it's cause your blind. Sorry if i'm being rude now but like you, i call it how i see it. Take care. Potch out.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:47 PM
perchfisher90

Default Re: Let me remind u of 1 thing

Quote:
And the rest for every time someone looks at him wrong. I goaltended and i can tell u from experience that goalies wear more equipment than any one on the ice, in case u didn't know. Yet the rolo spills his caramel every time a player touches him. If u think the rolo compairs to kipper in any way then u should go to gimble in cgy to have some lazer surgery.
Holayyyy pot calling the kettle black!?!? Did you even see kippers nice dive that got holmstrom in the box? He never even touched him..at least Roli goes down when hes pushed. I cant wait to hear your comment about that. It will probably be some denial-ish excuse, lol I think its you who needs lazer eye surgery!!!!

As for your biased towards calgary because of edm fans like me? I am doing the exact same thing you are doing..I alays get a kick on how last year calgary fans were all over us trying to wreck out fun..with the excuse of oh its a competition..then when the table turns, and we do the exact same as they did to us last year, they get all deffencive and cry and say its because of edmonton fans like me. So think what you want lol, I know who has the more banners in their arena, I know who is the current western conference champion, and I know how bright our future is! I also know I will enjoy the wings eliminating the flames tonight.

But its all good, gotta love the battle of alberta rivalry!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Jamie Hunt

Great fun to watch this game. Not the best game ever, but double OT is fantastic.

Jamie
Old 04-22-2007, 11:30 PM
slipbobber

Kipper saving the Flames again. Nothing new as he did it the whole year long. If it weren't for Kipper this series would be over along time ago. Hot goalies in the playoffs can work miracles.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Mackaylake

I quit watching after the 2 phantom penalties called against the wings. Even the phlegm fans are wondering what direction these so called refs are getting. Go Vancouver Giants.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:40 PM
DET to win

Default DET to win

go DETROIT go!!!!!!!!