Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
So prove he is wrong.
Assuming that you mean the "pretty sure it is sold" post try Remax Saskatoon #SK720980
Old 03-26-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post

And the chances are pretty good that I might not know what a "Sask hutt" is. I do know that removing buildings and the shelter belt is not cost effective for the few extra bushels of grain that acre will produce.

Free
You seem unfamiliar with farming practices of large (and small) farms, including the sask hutterites nowadays. Straight lines are preferable for gps (seeding, spraying, swathing, ect....).
Buildings, shelter belts, sloughs, are removed

Last edited by MountainTi; 03-26-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Do you have any clue at all about the sale of farm land in Saskatchewan? It is not the same thing as selling a house in one neighborhood so you can move to another. A farm is a life-time of ownership, usually handed down to successive generations and is a way of life in a community where you belong.

Land sales are usually to "factory farms" and the sale generally does not include the home place. Houses and outbuildings are not high on the list of assets favoured by consortiums interested in commodity prices and the proximity of said lands in relation to their own. Around here it is typically a Hutterite colony that wants the tillable land only. Equipment and the accoutrements of farm life are sold by auction and the family lifestyle is over. Typically the house doesn't sell and becomes a rental "acreage" for a gentleman farmer to raise his organic chicken and lamb or a city family seeking solace from the crimes in the urban environment.

Where would Mr. and Mrs. Stanley go and what would become of their son if they forced themselves off their land? Get a job on an oil rig? A car wash? Go on welfare? These are farmers, not quitters.

Free
Selling a farm and moving is exactly the same. You get the cheque sign the Transfer of Estate in Fee Simple and write a cheque.
A farm is a lifetime of ownership? Who are you trying to fool? Farm land is turned over more than 3 year old pickups if the money is right.
Gentleman farmer? Is that a name of honor placed on chicken ranchers?
How can you in the very last paragraph insult oil workers and laborers, place farmers on a pedestal above everyone else and call everyone not a farmer a quitter?
That land was for sale when they bought it. It will likely sell again.
There's not a lot of land being made anymore, some farmer will grab it and plow the house or sell it to be moved.

I could tear apart every single line of your argument, but there is no point. You will call me names and say everyone else on the forum is wrong.

The Stanleys will end up where they put the keys in the door and keep going from there. Maybe he will go into Politics. Maybe the son will become a Lawyer and one day a Judge. They have had a crash course in Litigation.

Let's agree to disagree.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-26-2018, 11:15 AM

I would like to read the story in a few years, as told by someone that was involved from the start of the day. 5 Went, 4 Return. Probably a very interesting read !

Last edited by Habfan; 03-26-2018 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Small change
Old 03-26-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Typically the house doesn't sell and becomes a rental "acreage" for a gentleman farmer to raise his organic chicken and lamb or a city family seeking solace from the crimes in the urban environment.
What are the chances of someone looking to ESCAPE crime moving there?

Bet there is a big lineup of potential buyers waiting to experience the quiet tranquility and peaceful life that is known as the Stanley's farm.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

Truth be known, I just drove past the place. It is 25 km from our village and not on the way to anywhere. Pretty lonely spot in the rolling bush lands on the western flank of the Bear Hills. Nothing is changed by all appearances and we've heard no scuttlebutt about any new folks out that way. If you search the Remax site you can find a map. If you have an interest you can interpret the data given and apply it to a Google earth view.

Which brings me back to the point I made earlier. The person who thought they'd moved was mistaken. I should have chosen my words more carefully so as not to enrage a certain participant in this conversation. I will admit that calling someone Mr. Corvette when he so clearly does not own one is name-calling and I have been shamed for the doing of it.

Free
Old 03-26-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Truth be known, I just drove past the place. It is 25 km from our village and not on the way to anywhere. Pretty lonely spot in the rolling bush lands on the western flank of the Bear Hills. Nothing is changed by all appearances and we've heard no scuttlebutt about any new folks out that way. If you search the Remax site you can find a map. If you have an interest you can interpret the data given and apply it to a Google earth view.
Which brings me back to the point I made earlier. The person who thought they'd moved was mistaken. I should have chosen my words more carefully so as not to enrage a certain participant in this conversation. I will admit that calling someone Mr. Corvette when he so clearly does not own one is name-calling and I have been shamed for the doing of it.

Free
Its ok Mr. Tin boat.
If that isn't you in your picture I apologize for assuming you are a Mr and that you own a boat.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-26-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Its ok Mr. Tin boat.
If that isn't you in your picture I apologize for assuming you are a Mr and that you own a boat.

I think this is as good as apologies get on this site! Haha!
Old 03-30-2018, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Your time is coming. This is an outdoor site and you will find that when members like yourself never have anything positive to contribute and are anti-gun constantly trashing gun owners, hunters etc. that eventually the mods will skid you. There is a huge difference between a difference of opinion and the constant trashing of gun owners regardless of the thread. I am done with you.
Yep, ah ha, cough, cough, hack, cough......
Closed Thread