Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-31-2022, 02:11 PM

Default Interesting

and a bit disturbing. I picked this up at Dollarama mostly out of curiosity and put it in my gun vault, that is a small locked room I always believed to be a very dry place. It's been in there about 8 months and has accumulated about 1/2 l. At least it works.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 08-31-2022, 05:23 PM

Wow.....ya, disturbing for sure. But I sure like how it works....I guess just check it more often. I run couple different humidity devices, but think I might get one of those.....
Old 08-31-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmay View Post
Wow.....ya, disturbing for sure. But I sure like how it works....I guess just check it more often. I run couple different humidity devices, but think I might get one of those.....
Just looked it up. Didn’t know it existed.

Damp Clear Moisture Trap is a sealed plastic container full of small, white calcium chloride crystals that remove excess moisture caused by condensation. Calcium chloride is hygroscopic to attract and hold the water, collecting it in the base of the container.

I see they are selling just the contents in 4-pound buckets at Canadian Tire, so in many other places as well probably.