Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-21-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsblanks View Post
put my RPAL upgrade in the mail today, will update when it is in hand
Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:38 PM

Sent mine off on the 25th of Feb. and got my card in the mail on the 14 of March. That's 14 working days,I can't complain.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsblanks View Post
Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
Card was issued yesterday, should have it by friday, 3 weeks total for an upgrade is not bad at all!
Old 03-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Banned

Within 3 weeks i got My Pal Renewed, its faster if you try it online .
Old 04-02-2019, 09:13 AM

Default Rpal

Sent in my renewal online (RPAL 5th license) early Feb. Called last week and they said call back in another month . Its been approved by RCMP down east. Now min 45 days once its sent to the provincial CFO in Ab.

They suggested people send in renewal 6 to 8 months prior to expiration date now.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:02 AM

What’s the best way to submit your photo for online applications. Use a passport photo app or just take a pic of yourself making sure you take up 2/3 of the frame as specified in the application instructions? Thanks.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magtime View Post
What’s the best way to submit your photo for online applications. Use a passport photo app or just take a pic of yourself making sure you take up 2/3 of the frame as specified in the application instructions? Thanks.
I did the home photo and got a letter saying my eyes weren't clear enough. Went to AMA got a passport photo and mailed it in.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:54 PM

I renewed my RPAL online with a home photo just taken on a phone. Got my license in the mail within 4 weeks. Was nice and simple.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:55 PM

Thanks guys!
Old 04-07-2019, 08:30 PM

i had no trouble getting the information to the CFO, emailed request, needed proof of expiry date, emailed that to the province. web site said i was approved, if no pal received in two weeks, to call cfo. i called after 2 weeks expired, they said they mailed it on Friday, i got it tuesday the following week. all total took about 4 weeks, including me forgetting the membership expiry date.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:59 PM

How did you guys submit your range membership when you renewed? I didn't see an option in the online system.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:11 PM

There is no option to attach your range membership online. I faxed a copy of my range membership to the CFO fax number. Of course they said they did not receive it in spite of me having a transmittal receipt. I had to fax it to them a second time.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athabasca1 View Post
There is no option to attach your range membership online. I faxed a copy of my range membership to the CFO fax number. Of course they said they did not receive it in spite of me having a transmittal receipt. I had to fax it to them a second time.
Ok I am assuming since I just did the application online I should wait a week or so since government time is that slow?
Old 04-15-2019, 01:39 PM

Andrew, fax it now. If they do not have a copy of your range membership they will process the application with no allowable conditions for transporting restricted firearms to anywhere. If they process it that way and receive the range membership later they will have to do the processing completely over as they will not add the allowable conditions for transporting to the original approval. Hopefully you indicated RPAL is to be for target practice, not as a collector. Talking from experience dealing with them.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athabasca1 View Post
Andrew, fax it now. If they do not have a copy of your range membership they will process the application with no allowable conditions for transporting restricted firearms to anywhere. If they process it that way and receive the range membership later they will have to do the processing completely over as they will not add the allowable conditions for transporting to the original approval. Hopefully you indicated RPAL is to be for target practice, not as a collector. Talking from experience dealing with them.
I am just renewing and not getting a new one so there was no question asking what I use them for. Regardless I will see if i can find their fax number and send it in.
Edit: I found an email address. I will send it there and see if that works.

Last edited by AndrewM; 04-15-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:59 PM

My renewal has been approved since March 30 2019

When I contacted them April 10 they told me Card Print Machine is only running at half speed and as of the 10th printing Cards approved March 18 so effectively they are 2-3 weeks behind.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:06 PM

Sent the Wifes and My oldest fella application off together. Was received Feb 5. The Wifes application was her first license and she received hers in the mail Apr 12. My oldest fella was just a minors permit renewal and we are still waiting for it to be processed. Just checked last Thursday...
Old 04-21-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
I am just renewing and not getting a new one so there was no question asking what I use them for. Regardless I will see if i can find their fax number and send it in.
Edit: I found an email address. I will send it there and see if that works.
I sent my club membership to cfo along with the on line renewal and they emailed back that they would forward to my province.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:42 AM

It took me 4 weeks to renew last time using the online method, most of that was wasted by getting a letter asking if I was going to be a collector or not. I swear I declared that when I was filling it out online. Defiantly did not want to be a collector given the random visit possibility to have my storage inspected...
Old 06-07-2019, 07:08 PM

Any updates on turnaround time guys? I’m currently at 8 weeks wait even though my application was approved 4 weeks ago. They told me the same thing today as a month ago, printer was running at 1/2 capacity but you should have your new card within 10 business days.....
Old 06-07-2019, 07:30 PM

Default PAL turnaround time

Definitely a pain....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magtime View Post
Any updates on turnaround time guys? I’m currently at 8 weeks wait even though my application was approved 4 weeks ago. They told me the same thing today as a month ago, printer was running at 1/2 capacity but you should have your new card within 10 business days.....
Im still waiting for my new card, application was all good, just waiting for the machine to print my card, now 2 weeks behind
Old 06-10-2019, 08:20 AM

Frustrating, we'll see if I have my card in 10 business days. I'm glad it isn't fall hunting season.....lol
Old 06-10-2019, 11:13 AM

I sent mine April 15 and still waiting for it. Called the other day and they said a printer issue but they would request to print it quicker. We will see. Good thing it doesn't expire until September.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
I sent mine April 15 and still waiting for it. Called the other day and they said a printer issue but they would request to print it quicker. We will see. Good thing it doesn't expire until September.
They said this time that they would put that request in to print mine quicker as well, we’ll see.....
Old 06-11-2019, 07:35 AM

I put mine in back at the beginning of April. Said they would have it to me in 2 weeks. Nothing.
SO I waited the prescribed 48 days, then nothing. SO I waited longer and nothing. Called them 2 weeks ago and they told me they'd put a rush on it and have it by the weeks end.
Apparently they did because I just got it yesterday.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Carnicero View Post
I put mine in back at the beginning of April. Said they would have it to me in 2 weeks. Nothing.
SO I waited the prescribed 48 days, then nothing. SO I waited longer and nothing. Called them 2 weeks ago and they told me they'd put a rush on it and have it by the weeks end.
Apparently they did because I just got it yesterday.
Good to hear, hopefully I see mine soon too....
Old 06-11-2019, 08:47 PM

Just a heads up if anyone is having a issue with the cfo call your MP have a chat sign and fax the form stating your MP can look into on your behalf. I have seen 3 people go from being processed to liscence in hand to 2 weeks from MP intervening. It has taken less than 1 day for it to be approved for 1 fellow as of today. 118 days of waiting and the MP made inquiries. Make noise outside of the cfo if your not getting results.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:29 PM

Sent my RPAL renewal April 15 and got it yesterday June 25. I emailed my proof of range membership and quoted my application number when I applied.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda610 View Post
Just a heads up if anyone is having a issue with the cfo call your MP have a chat sign and fax the form stating your MP can look into on your behalf. I have seen 3 people go from being processed to liscence in hand to 2 weeks from MP intervening. It has taken less than 1 day for it to be approved for 1 fellow as of today. 118 days of waiting and the MP made inquiries. Make noise outside of the cfo if your not getting results.
This. I was 230ish days in and within two weeks of contacting my MP I had an apology call from the firearms office and was told it was approved. I had to wait for that stupid printer issue but I eventually got it because of the MP phone call.