Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-09-2003, 07:07 PM
PAL about

Default PAL about to expire

I just noticed that my PAL is going to expire in Dec.Knowing how speedy and together the CFC is I want to take care of it now.But.I can't seem to find anything about renewing it.I can find how to get one for the first time.Now,my question is....Do I have to go through all that crap again (course,picture,signatures of everyone that I know,etc)Or is there a shortcut to renewing it?Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,Trevor M.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Don Meredith

Trevor,

Good question. You must have been one of the earliest owners of the new licence. Like you, I couldn't find any reference to renewals on the CFC web site. I think your best bet is to go to the CFC contact page and send them an e-mail message. My experience is that e-mail gets better results from the centre than the frustration of the telephone number, especially if you have some time to wait for them to reply. They usually do in a few days.

Don
Old 03-10-2003, 09:29 PM
PAL

Default PAL

Thanks for the reply Don.My PAL is one of the ones that is good for resticted,non-restricted,and crossbows.All for only one course and most importantly one fee.I don't think that they were availiable like this for very long.The only reason that I got it when I did was because I found a REALLY good deal on a rifle that I just HAD to have:lol
Thanks again for the info.
Trevor M
Old 03-11-2003, 03:01 PM
PAL

Default PAL

I had an FAC and it expired last September. To "renew" all I did was fill out a PAL form including a new picture and getting people to sign it. I included the $80 for restricted and non-restricted license. Got my new PAL in the mail not too long after that. You do not have to retake the firearms safety course if you apply for a new license BEFORE your old one runs out.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:24 PM
geezer55

Default renwal of PAL's

I e-mailed CAFC back in September to find out the answer to the question of the renewal process. They just emailed me back apologizing for taking so long to get back to me and NO answers to my questions. They just sent me their website address. So I toured around their website and so far the only thing I can find is that you can download the application from: www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/en/for...ms/888.asp for the renewal of PAL's. Thanks PAD for answering at least one of my questions about if there was an expectation of having to retake a firearms safety course.