Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

View Poll Results: Allow .223” diam. bullets as new min. for hunting?
Yes 140 38.25%
No 207 56.56%
Undecided 19 5.19%
Voters: 366. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
I don’t recognize ke, diam. or momentum. Because it doesn’t make a difference. That’s the part you’re struggling with, can’t explain it any further. Stick with what works for you, I’ll do same.✌️
These are the principles I stick to and I don't consider it to be a struggle. Obviously, a number of Nimrod gurus on here have more than a little trouble understanding the basics.. Try this on and glean from it what you can. It applies to bullets as well as arrows

.. http://www.fredbear-online.com/POD/Momentum.pdf

Maybe you believe this guy ?
Old 08-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
These are the principles I stick to and I don't consider it to be a struggle. Obviously, a number of Nimrod gurus on here have more than a little trouble understanding the basics.. Try this on and glean from it what you can. It applies to bullets as well as arrows

.. http://www.fredbear-online.com/POD/Momentum.pdf

Maybe you believe this guy ?
Just when I figured you were an ok guy you had to go and get ignorant again. I hate having to keep posting on this thread but every time I see a guy get ignorant I can't help but post.

What would have been wrong with simply stating you like to stick with what works for you? You didn't have to call a bunch of guys nimrods, not to mention the ample proof these so called nimrods have brought to this thread through real life expirience that you absolutely refuse to accept. You are the only authority on what has ever worked and what ever will, even though you haven't gotten any real world expirience with using a 223 on big game.

Before you start squaking to me about using a 223 just remember I said it wouldn't be my choice, that don't mean it wouldn't be a viable choice for someone else, as real life testimony from those who have used it proves.

You got issues man.

Last edited by Kurt505; 08-12-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post

And the 223 is quite different than the 22 mag. If I had to be shot with one, I know which one I’d prefer.

Please answer one last question as succinct as possible. How many of those 40+ kills were brain shots and how many were lung shots (or even general “boiler room” chest cavity if you want to count it all together)?
Thanks
And the minimum legal requirement is quite different from a 223

No head shots, as of course all heads on anything 1 year of age and over were submitted (one of the many requirements)
Old 08-12-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
And the minimum legal requirement is quite different from a 223

No head shots, as of course all heads on anything 1 year of age and over were submitted (one of the many requirements)

But that is referring to the minimum requirement here. As mentioned multiple times before, you cross the Alberta border in any direction and the 223 is considered adequate.

So if not in the head, where were you shooting them with a 22 wmr?

I’m honestly intrigued by all of this and think it would help share knowledge if you’d say it without leaving me guessing and asking more questions. I’ve heard of many culls with the 223 but never 22 wmr. Butcher used to shoot steers in our pen in the forehead with 22wmr
Old 08-12-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Just when I figured you were on ok guy you had to go and get ignorant again. I hate having to keep posting on this thread but every time I see a guy get ignorant I can't help but post.

What would have been wrong with simply stating you like to stick with what works for you? You didn't have to call a bunch of guys nimrods, not to mention the ample proof these so called nimrods have brought to this thread through real life expirience that you absolutely refuse to accept. You are the only authority on what has ever worked and what ever will, even though you haven't gotten any real world expirience with using a 223 on big game.

Before you start squaking to me about using a 223 just remember I said it wouldn't be my choice, that don't mean it wouldn't be a viable choice for someone else, as real life testimony from those who have used it proves.

You got issues man.
For sure I have an issue.. and you are one of them. This post is a good example. Here you are chirping at me (again) when the post had nothing to do with a .223 directly. Get you're crap together. Your condescending attitude and BS imagination stinks... and check out the link. You need that info as much as couple of the others on here.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Banned

I think the constructive info from this thread is long gone

Hopefully if they ever decide to change the regs
They use the a poll on here
But lock out the comments
Old 08-12-2018, 04:22 PM

And that's a wrap. Closed.
Closed Thread