Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-22-2022, 04:38 PM

Default Missing Magneto Speed Sporter-Shepard Gun Club Members

Those of you who are members at Calgary's Shepard range:

I inadvertedly left my Magnetospeed Sporter Chronograoh there on March 6th and didn't realize it until a week after. I did ask the board to put a note on the lost and found page on the website but no luck. I was also not expecting to see we had members as such that would actually take home someone else's chronograph.

If you know who this person is, please ask them to return it to the club and leave it in the sign in building. I will not hold any grudge; just want my almost brand new chrony back.

And for everyone's info, I saved the range by drawing the plans for the tubes and examining every possible ricochet angle inside the tubes, so taking the tool of someone who saved your range is not very gentleman like!
Old 04-22-2022, 06:50 PM

That sucks! Hopefully someone found it and returns it to you Alex!
Cat
Old 04-22-2022, 08:02 PM
Banned

I hope you get it back alex
Old 04-22-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
That sucks! Hopefully someone found it and returns it to you Alex!
Cat
THX Cat.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
I hope you get it back alex
Thanks Mark.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:40 PM

Here is hoping someone does the right thing.

-Billy Molls
Old 04-23-2022, 08:11 AM

Some people have no class whatsoever.
Old 04-23-2022, 01:29 PM

First off, thank you CH for your work on the tubes. I have no doubt that they are extending the life of the Shepard range as the city moves ever closer.

I've had a forgotten item returned to me. It took a bit of time but I got it back. Keep your fingers crossed.

I've seen a notice posted at the range regarding your chronograph. Not sure if there are notices posted elsewhere at the range, but if not I'd put one in many places .... at the sign in book, on the buy/sell bulletin board, in the porta-potti, by the cease fire flag, a few in the shelter behind the shooting benches, etc etc.

IMO the club owes you a favour. At a minimum, a member of the exec could check the sign-in book and make a call to people who signed in that day or the next. ( if the person bothered to sign in )

A couple of years back I got a call about a gun that went missing at the range. The caller was phoning everyone who signed in that day. He was a bit accusatory. I told him that I'm no criminal mastermind but if I was the thief, I would have taken the sign in book as well as the gun. Let's hope that the person who grabbed your chronograph forgot that little detail.

Hope you get your chronograph returned.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
First off, thank you CH for your work on the tubes. I have no doubt that they are extending the life of the Shepard range as the city moves ever closer.

I've had a forgotten item returned to me. It took a bit of time but I got it back. Keep your fingers crossed.

I've seen a notice posted at the range regarding your chronograph. Not sure if there are notices posted elsewhere at the range, but if not I'd put one in many places .... at the sign in book, on the buy/sell bulletin board, in the porta-potti, by the cease fire flag, a few in the shelter behind the shooting benches, etc etc.

IMO the club owes you a favour. At a minimum, a member of the exec could check the sign-in book and make a call to people who signed in that day or the next. ( if the person bothered to sign in )

A couple of years back I got a call about a gun that went missing at the range. The caller was phoning everyone who signed in that day. He was a bit accusatory. I told him that I'm no criminal mastermind but if I was the thief, I would have taken the sign in book as well as the gun. Let's hope that the person who grabbed your chronograph forgot that little detail.

Hope you get your chronograph returned.
First all, my absolute pleasure in being able to help extend the life of our honey hole of a range where we can do our load development at our lunch breaks

I have heard people complain at the range about the tubes and my response has always been : Your choice is Milo 90 minutes away that way!

Your idea of posting the signs everywhere is splendid. I will make them in color and post them. Maybe it was just a good samaritan that took it home and forgot about notifying the range officials that he found one.

Thanks again.

Chukar Hunter
Old 04-24-2022, 09:04 AM

Sorry to hear that and thanks for all your hard work getting Shepard back up. That's brutal that someone would take it and not return it. I've found and returned two ammo cans and 3 rifles that were left at Milo. Sad to see range members steal from other range members. I'll keep an eye out and hope you get it returned.
Old 04-24-2022, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova316 View Post
Sorry to hear that and thanks for all your hard work getting Shepard back up. That's brutal that someone would take it and not return it. I've found and returned two ammo cans and 3 rifles that were left at Milo. Sad to see range members steal from other range members. I'll keep an eye out and hope you get it returned.
Thank you. much appreciated.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:11 PM

Mid 80's, I left my tackle box there by stupidity, got it back though, but I did have name and ph nbr on it. Club pres called a few days later, someone dropped it off at his place. Different day and age. Probably had 300.00 worth of goodies in there.