Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2020, 10:03 PM

Default Great. Pots legal. Kids access is increased and Albertans are paying tax dollars to support users.

https://calgaryherald.com/cannabis/c...ay-for-alberta

Cannabis is legal and Alberta is losing money. That means tax dollars go toward covering the shortfall.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-06-2020, 05:35 AM

I’m a medical user and licensed grower, the reason they’re in the red is because they supply garbage cannabis and over priced. One of the licensed producers has a multi million dollar lawsuit against them for using prohibited pesticides on their products and making a lot of people ill. So people stick to the black market where it’s cheaper and 10x better quality. I honestly don’t think they should get any help. The dispensaries should be treated the same as liquor stores if they’re struggling close your doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 11-06-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
I’m a medical user and licensed grower, the reason they’re in the red is because they supply garbage cannabis and over priced. One of the licensed producers has a multi million dollar lawsuit against them for using prohibited pesticides on their products and making a lot of people ill. So people stick to the black market where it’s cheaper and 10x better quality. I honestly don’t think they should get any help. The dispensaries should be treated the same as liquor stores if they’re struggling close your doors.

I was thinking about that however would deceasing the price paid come directly off the revenue and mean even less net profits?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-06-2020, 08:11 AM

Weird? The Government can't do it as well as the private sector?

The wife loves to smoke the stuff, me... I do real drugs. lol. She visited a few dispenseries, but in the end ol Joe still delivers a cheap bag of good pot every other week.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:10 PM
Banned

Riddle me this: If the users are not buying from the pot shops then how does government money subsidizing the vendor do anything for the user that is not using the propped-up shop that no one is using?

Free
Old 11-06-2020, 02:29 PM

I've been in the Leduc a few times for my wife they seem to be always quite busy

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2020, 04:17 PM

In Ontario, where they have a problem with land based, as opposed to hydroponic, fully 1/3 of cannabis sold is of the illegal kind.

Grizz
Old 11-06-2020, 10:24 PM

I think the government seriously underestimated the amount of people that would grow their own 4 legal plants and have no need for overpriced government weed.

I was at oxypro a couple weeks ago picking up welding gas and the counter guy was telling me they can’t keep CO2 in stock due to all the people using it to grow weed lately.
Old 11-07-2020, 05:59 AM

This tells me what I need to know about government, they can’t even make money dealing drugs...
Old 11-07-2020, 06:55 AM

Just another crap show dropped on us by the turd! Thumping on a puffed up chest and chanting " I'm the man that legalized pot, so vote for me", (many many will). Legalizing is one thing, but passing the legislation and then dumping all the details and mechanics on the provinces has to be one of the more irresponsible moves selfie the clown has made! Duuuuuho Canada!
Old 11-07-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etownpaul View Post
I think the government seriously underestimated the amount of people that would grow their own 4 legal plants and have no need for overpriced government weed.

I was at oxypro a couple weeks ago picking up welding gas and the counter guy was telling me they can’t keep CO2 in stock due to all the people using it to grow weed lately.
Wait, what? I've got a black thumb but thought weeds could grow anywhere.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
Wait, what? I've got a black thumb but thought weeds could grow anywhere.
It’s possible for CO2 to be the limiting factor in a plants growth so some people increase the CO2 concentration.
Old 11-07-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
It’s possible for CO2 to be the limiting factor in a plants growth so some people increase the CO2 concentration.

To use CO2 and have it work properly your grow room has to be completely sealed off. People make growing it a lot more complicated than it needs to be. This is from my last grow. I find it therapeutic tending to my plants.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 11-07-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
This tells me what I need to know about government, they can’t even make money dealing drugs...
The government couldn't organize a pizzup at a brewery.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:38 PM

I thought Turdo selling pot was supposed to shut down the black market? You mean the shady drug dealers are still the go to? Who would have thought

Didn't the provinces ask who pays for the shortfalls long before the Libs ran it through? Not surprising the gov cant even get this right.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I thought Turdo selling pot was supposed to shut down the black market? You mean the shady drug dealers are still the go to? Who would have thought

Didn't the provinces ask who pays for the shortfalls long before the Libs ran it through? Not surprising the gov cant even get this right.

That’s the thing the government can’t grow the same quality of cannabis as the black market guys. They use dangerous chemicals where as most growers I know do thing organically.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:40 PM

over-regulated, overpriced, under quality, and too easy to grow yourself.

what else was going to happen
Old 11-07-2020, 07:50 PM
Suspended User

BC has changed policy to allow small growers to directly market out of store fronts. This should work, some. For decades our supply come from Mom and Pops grow ops out of BC. Tons were exported to Alberta and the States yearly. There wasn't big business involved, it was craft growing. You don't get the devotion to the plants with hundreds of workers doing mass production. Too much overhead because of greed and over speculation screwed this up.

FYI through the local drunk cousin of our MLA, we are hearing that the planned salvation of the pot industry; is to use the part of the federal law that allows the fat bustard to not allow home cultivation. So far he has been spot on with his babbling, so I'm guessing that there maybe another surprise coming. He was the first one to be warning us about the land sales down at Taber, a week before it hit the news. Family gatherings spread gossip and covid quite well, and Thanksgiving brought new gossip from the world of the AG minister again.

Loose lips sink ships. Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead. Might be time to not broadcast about your grow.