Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-05-2013, 09:36 PM

Default Sighting in new Zeiss Conquest

I am trying to sight in my new zeiss conquest 4.5-14x44 mc scope with z-800 reticle. I am doing this on my 6.5 creedmoor shooting 140gr amax. My biggest question is about the parallax knob. How is this to be used? none of my previous scopes have had this adjustment and im not sure if its im my head but i seem to have large groups going from 150 to 200 yards. I started out at 25 yards to make sure i was on paper and had a pretty tight group but as i went further out it seemed i was way off depending on how i adjusted the parallax. Anyone have advice on how to get dialed in?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM

Adjust the parallax knob for the clearest view of the target for each range.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:37 PM

Thumbs up simple enough

I think i can manage that. clearly i was making it seem more complicated then it was then. Im assuming just start from the lowest setting out and adjust to clarity?

Thanks again
Old 08-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Precisionshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjolg123 View Post
I think i can manage that. clearly i was making it seem more complicated then it was then. Im assuming just start from the lowest setting out and adjust to clarity?

Thanks again
The knob removes parallax. Relative movement between the cross hair and target when u move your head back and forth while looking through the scope. No parallax, no relative movement and you get a clear picture. It does the same thing as an adjustable objective. Evidently to move the adjustment from the front to the side adds more glass to the side focus or side parallax. More weight and not as bright.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Banned

Just a point/info on using the Rapid Z 800 recticle.....Go to the Zeiss website and fill out the information for your cartridge, ammo, etc and it will give you the optimum magnification for your scope.....ie the optimum magnification might be 12x even though your max magnification is 14x. The magnification won't effect the main crosshairs but it definitely effects where the bullet hits when you start shooting longer distances and using the BDC hash marks. Just for info.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:32 PM

Default Zeiss calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Just a point/info on using the Rapid Z 800 recticle.....Go to the Zeiss website and fill out the information for your cartridge, ammo, etc and it will give you the optimum magnification for your scope.....ie the optimum magnification might be 12x even though your max magnification is 14x. The magnification won't effect the main crosshairs but it definitely effects where the bullet hits when you start shooting longer distances and using the BDC hash marks. Just for info.
Thanks for the heads up!