Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-20-2019, 07:17 PM

Default Vortex warranty

So I had a mishap with my viper pst gen 1. I fell while scaling a rock face. Didn’t realize I fell on my gun. Took gun off pack to sit and wait and realized I had sheared off my elevation turret. Scope has rock fragments and water (from snow) inside of it. Has anyone dealt with vortex warranty? I guess I will be testing their no fault lifetime warranty!
Thanks

I went home and took my Nikon prostaff 5 off my 17hmr and was hunting again by afternoon. But sucks as I spent a lot of time and ammo dialing in my drop charts to 1000yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2019, 08:36 PM

Awesome warranty when I sent something in. Sent me a brand new one. Was a scope failure rather than accidental damage though. Suspect you will be pleased with them.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Awesome warranty when I sent something in. Sent me a brand new one. Was a scope failure rather than accidental damage though. Suspect you will be pleased with them.

Hope so.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:00 PM

Vortex scopes suck because they break real often but their warranty service is absolutely top notch. I sent a few back MANY time before I sold all of them off. They have a failure rate 8 to 10 times that of quality scopes so they have truly perfected their return and replace process. You will have zero problems even though you hatched it.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Vortex scopes suck because they break real often but their warranty service is absolutely top notch. I sent a few back MANY time before I sold all of them off. They have a failure rate 8 to 10 times that of quality scopes so they have truly perfected their return and replace process. You will have zero problems even though you hatched it.

Awesome, ****ty thing is I scratched up carbon on my rifle barrel too.

Old 11-21-2019, 06:19 AM

Great warranty. Sent them a scope that I over tighten the rings on. I completely screwed it. They sent me a brand new scope with a polite letter explaining your a dumb ass ....dont tighten the rings that hard.

Tight lines.......straight shooting