Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2018, 07:18 PM

Default 2006 Rav 4 input

Hi I'm thinking of buying one from a friend ,anyone out there have any experience with these vehicles, online they say the coils go on them quite often, this vehicle was well looked after.any help would be appreciated Thank you.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:19 PM

How many km is it sitting at?
Old 12-13-2018, 09:11 PM

If it is nice I wouldnt be scared to buy it. Great vehicles, especially with a V6, and can alwAys sell it easily if you dont want it later.

Ps friend has one, an 07 he bought new. Have been after it for years and he just wont let it go, hasnt had enough issues with it to justify buying something else.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
Hi I'm thinking of buying one from a friend ,anyone out there have any experience with these vehicles, online they say the coils go on them quite often, this vehicle was well looked after.any help would be appreciated Thank you.
I have owned two Rav 4's now. Both V6 models, one a 2006 and now a 2008.

The 2006 V6 was the first model year and had a couple issues including coils, I replaced 3 or 4 on mine. Coils are minor, easy to swap and not too expensive. The main thing to look for is transmission whine which my 2006 did have but appears to be more of an annoyance then major issue.

I would look for a 2009-2012 V6 model as they worked out most of the kinks and added a few more features.

I don't really have any complaints about either of my Rav 4's. Not the best fuel economy for a small suv(19-22 mpg on average with V6) but I love the responsiveness and handling. I never had anything really serious go wrong with mine, just normal maintenance wear and tear.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
How many km is it sitting at?
I had to inquire about the KMs its 150 .
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:45 AM

Initially it was s lease and buy back,after the people that purchased it they found that it was revving up on its own ,but it had been rectified by Toyota in Wetaskiwin.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
Initially it was s lease and buy back,after the people that purchased it they found that it was revving up on its own ,but it had been rectified by Toyota in Wetaskiwin.
is it a v6 ?? dont buy the 4 cylinder one