Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thredneck View Post
So are you bitter that you never got the contract?
No .... lol .... not bitter .... just being funny and teasing a minor annoyance in life as I have to travel down it a few times a week.

I'm not in the construction industry, nor know much about it.

It's just human nature to poke fun at the things that cause us grief and laugh about it.

Did I ever tell you about how coffee/beverage cups are getting flimsier and the lids seem to pop off? Now that one is a serious issue not to be joking about.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
No .... lol .... not bitter .... just being funny and teasing a minor annoyance in life as I have to travel down it a few times a week.

I'm not in the construction industry, nor know much about it.

It's just human nature to poke fun at the things that cause us grief and laugh about it.

Did I ever tell you about how coffee/beverage cups are getting flimsier and the lids seem to pop off? Now that one is a serious issue not to be joking about.
Specially if you don't have cup holders and you have to hold your coffee between your legs, you know what I'm sayin! I never have to travel that stretch, just do it once in a while to see how the progress is, I thought they were doing pretty good. But I know exactly zero about road construction! I just keep thinking how awesome it's going to be when it's done, just like the south side on 23rd ave and Calgary Trail. That used to be a hell hole now it's quite nice.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:34 AM

I know a little bit about road construction.

It takes a hiway crew 1 week to pave a 1 km stretch of road.
It takes a city crew 1 summer to pave 1 km stretch of road. = 6 months

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:09 AM

All you people that complain about construction taking too long are probably the same idiots that once it's open will drive on it at 140. I worked on every section building the Henday except this last one and all I can say is I hate city drivers. You have no respect for the men and women working near the roads. I wish the cops would sit in construction zones all day every day and hand out stiff fines to these azzhats.

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne
Old 09-18-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1797 View Post
All you people that complain about construction taking too long are probably the same idiots that once it's open will drive on it at 140. I worked on every section building the Henday except this last one and all I can say is I hate city drivers. You have no respect for the men and women working near the roads. I wish the cops would sit in construction zones all day every day and hand out stiff fines to these azzhats.
Ok well while we are on this note I see more people who serve the construction industry speeding through these zones.
Seems the problem gets worse every day.
Gravel truck drivers are the worst, followed by the Flat Iron work trucks.
The fine should be triple for these guys...

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 09-18-2015, 09:54 AM

I'm not going to argue with you there. Speeding through a construction zone is wrong no matter what vehicle you are in. Don't get me started on gravel truck drivers please. Funny story when working on the SE section on Henday a foreman called the cops to come do something about speeders through the jobsite....guess who got the first ticket the next morning haha

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne