Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2015, 12:16 PM

Default Mulcair set to go nuclear.......

...........or something.
This is the most disturbing thing I have read so far. It really needs to circulate so the uneducated have a fighting chance.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/manifesto-...132035184.html

"Others signatories who've declared their NDP sympathies include pop duo Tegan and Sara, singer-songwriter Leslie Feist, Canadian Labour Congress president Hassan Yussuf and Paul Moist, president of the Canadian Union of Public Employees."
Remember who's husband is a big-wig with them???

"The signatories assert that the money to pay for the transformation they envision is readily available. All it requires is for the federal government to end fossil fuel subsidies, cut military spending and impose financial transaction taxes, increased resource royalties and higher income taxes on corporations and wealthy individuals.
In Calgary on Tuesday night, Mulcair said the New Democrats welcome the ideas contained in the manifesto.
"I do understand the profound desire for change reflected in that document," he said.
"We've talked about a cap and trade system, that is our policy, that's what we will be doing."
"Before the election, we are going to tell Canadians what we are going to do and once we are elected, we are actually going to do it, it has never been tried," Mulcair said.

Please people, If you just can't bring yourselves to vote anything but NDP, stay home on October 19. At least while this guy is at the helm.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
...........or something.
This is the most disturbing thing I have read so far. It really needs to circulate so the uneducated have a fighting chance.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/manifesto-...132035184.html

"Others signatories who've declared their NDP sympathies include pop duo Tegan and Sara, singer-songwriter Leslie Feist, Canadian Labour Congress president Hassan Yussuf and Paul Moist, president of the Canadian Union of Public Employees."
Remember who's husband is a big-wig with them???

"The signatories assert that the money to pay for the transformation they envision is readily available. All it requires is for the federal government to end fossil fuel subsidies, cut military spending and impose financial transaction taxes, increased resource royalties and higher income taxes on corporations and wealthy individuals.
In Calgary on Tuesday night, Mulcair said the New Democrats welcome the ideas contained in the manifesto.
"I do understand the profound desire for change reflected in that document," he said.
"We've talked about a cap and trade system, that is our policy, that's what we will be doing."
"Before the election, we are going to tell Canadians what we are going to do and once we are elected, we are actually going to do it, it has never been tried," Mulcair said.

Please people, If you just can't bring yourselves to vote anything but NDP, stay home on October 19. At least while this guy is at the helm.

Yea at this point, I wont be voting for anyone. More like, voting against 2 people. Mulcair, and Trudeau I will be voting against.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:28 PM

There are a whole lot of people that are willing to cut off their nose to spit their face. You can see it in this very forum. The constant excuse making for the idle provincial ndp more concerned about playing federal politics

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 09-17-2015, 12:37 PM

I fear federal NDP ! And I smell their bad breath on the horizon! This will not be good for canada. Oh well if libtards get in we can all get high legally!

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 09-17-2015, 12:40 PM
Banned

100 rich people signed and now there's mass panic?

Pipe dream, can't happen. Relax folks.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:41 PM

NDP are pure evil, remember the road to hell is paved with good intentions;

1st: they ban guns in the name of public safety

2e: they rebuild Canada as great communist country, just like North Korea
Old 09-17-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
100 rich people signed and now there's mass panic?

Pipe dream, can't happen. Relax folks.
I think you TOTALLY MISSED Mulcair's comments .........

I couldn't care less what 100 wackjobs think either, until someone in authority listens to them.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:51 PM

I find it absurd that they hype the support of musicians and celebrities as meaning anything whatsoever; those people have their specific talents sure, but it doesn't mean they have any political or business expertise. I'd brag about support from an association of professional accountants or a federation of small businesspeople. I could give a hoot about what someone who acts thinks about the oil & gas business, or what a musician might write about the capitalism (all the while reaping immense wealth from capitalism)
Old 09-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
I think you TOTALLY MISSED Mulcair's comments .........

I couldn't care less what 100 wackjobs think either, until someone in authority listens to them.
Do you really believe Mulcair would have the power to do all this? Give your head a shake. Corporations run this country, and the PM still has limited powers. There are alot of road blocks to making changes like this.

And I supposed if I were running for leadership or PM, i'd entertain whackjobs too just to get some votes.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:02 PM

Posted a link to this yesterday.

If these yahoos think this is such a great concept then I challenge them to live without anything that took fossil fuels and capitalism to get them where they are today.

That includes travel, (David Suzuki is a hypocrite on many of this flying all over the place), clothing, food, ie all the essentials it takes to survive.

Bet all these people drove, flew, etc to get to where they could get this photo op.

Back to the challenge. They can take their subsidized wealth and start their own "organic farm" and make it big enough to feed all the signatories. Let us know how that turns out.

In the former USSR their collective farming experience was a joke. No motivation to do better. After the fall of communism, those farms were tasked with production goals. You would be rewarded the better the farm did. Guess where that came from??? capitalism.

There was a opinion column in one of the papers about two to three weeks ago questioning how long commie tommie could keep the far left wingnuts at bay before they submarined him. It has arrived.

As for this not happening or it is impossible to achieve, don't kid yourself. These clowns armed with a mandate would turn this country upside down. They would realize just like the provincial government that they will be a one shot chance so which way do we go. Play nice and get a second term or go nuts because we will be only one term.

We already have no property rights (property is not just land) so it would not be hard to get government ownership of everything you own. You look at by laws and what not and that is all in place to dictate to you what you can or cannot do with your house and lot.

This manifesto group thinks they are educated because they can read and write, that they are the most intelligent people on the planet. They are trying to do away with elitism but fail to see they are only substituting one with another. Mostly because they don't have the ability to achieve it thru the conventional methods.

"Put your money where your mouth is" and show us how this could work.

We already know the answer to that.

In order to be a smart azz, you have to be smart otherwise you are just an azz.

You're offended.... I think it is funny and that is why I am happier than you.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Do you really believe Mulcair would have the power to do all this? Give your head a shake. Corporations run this country, and the PM still has limited powers. There are alot of road blocks to making changes like this.

And I supposed if I were running for leadership or PM, i'd entertain whackjobs too just to get some votes.
Interesting. You didn't happen to notice who Rachel surrounded herself with, did you?

I thought the big NDP agenda was to reverse all that 'corporations calling the shots' stuff?
Old 09-17-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:

It must be nice to live in denial.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=265856

Take the poll. See exactly what the NDP energy plan offers. The federal NDP believes all the same things.

So, we know we are getting carbon tax, corporate tax increases, higher energy costs, cap and trade nonsense, and money wasted chasing the elusive economical green energy unicorn.

All of this is doable, the NDP will do it and we will suffer as a result. And at the end of the day, your big corporations will benefit or leave.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:43 PM

Crippling our economy to reduce pollution is like trying to save a sinking boat with a bucket while the Chinese guy behind is drilling more holes.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtG View Post
Crippling our economy to reduce pollution is like trying to save a sinking boat with a bucket while the Mucair guy behind is drilling more holes.
Really..... you have to use a Chinese as a metaphor......
Let me edit that for you....
Old 09-17-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Crippling our economy to reduce pollution is like trying to save a sinking boat with a bucket while the Chinese guy behind is drilling more holes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotang View Post
I think the Chinese reference is because the economy in China is booming, at least compared to ours now. We can't keep up to the Chinese as it is, thus the analogy to the drilling of holes in our boat. I think??

Either way the NDP is batchit crazy if they think this "Stuff" will ever work. Some people need to get their heads out of their back sides and come back to the real world.

I'd love to live in a green world where everything is powered by energy efficient and non-polluting dilithium crystals but until that day comes I will gladly make do with fossil fuels and the excellent quality of life that they provide us. Beam me up Scotty!!
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 09-17-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotang View Post
Sorry didn't mean to sound racist. I was referring to China's open statement that they will destroy their own country to dominate the industrially.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
I think the Chinese reference is because the economy in China is booming, at least compared to ours now. We can't keep up to the Chinese as it is, thus the analogy to the drilling of holes in our boat. I think??

Either way the NDP is batchit crazy if they think this "Stuff" will ever work. Some people need to get their heads out of their back sides and come back to the real world.

I'd love to live in a green world where everything is powered by energy efficient and non-polluting dilithium crystals but until that day comes I will gladly make do with fossil fuels and the excellent quality of life that they provide us. Beam me up Scotty!!
But have you seen those clips of dilithium mines?
Old 09-17-2015, 05:37 PM

This election isn't about voting for someone to lead us it is about voting against the other 2 not to lead us. Got to pick the lesser of the 3 evils
Old 09-17-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkonthemind View Post
This election isn't about voting for someone to lead us it is about voting against the other 2 not to lead us. Got to pick the lesser of the 3 evils
I couldn't disagree more. Harper is a strong leader with a clear, REASONABLE economic plan for our country. One of the best PM's in our nations history.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:27 PM

Lol I have talked to harper personally(was at his house for dinner) this summer and as much as I do side with him on a lot of issues more then the rest. He definitely does need to grow a back bone on the world stage and have told him that to his face. Just my imo but we have to stop letting our neibours impose there will on us. Not going to say his answer on here but lets just say he didn't disagree. Also for him to be taxing the individual citizen 35% and the corporations 15% and corporations getting massive tax breaks on top of that is ridiculous. All recent studies done on this have shown that these corporations didn't reinvest or increase jobs here in Canada they just filled there bank accounts to a tune of 650 billion dollars. This is well documented. I am voting conservative but it is the lesser of the 3 evils. So disagree all u want but u are disagreeing with out any educated response.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lol I have talked to harper personally(was at his house for dinner) this summer and as much as I do side with him on a lot of issues more then the rest. He definitely does need to grow a back bone on the world stage and have told him that to his face. Just my imo but we have to stop letting our neibours impose there will on us. Not going to say his answer on here but lets just say he didn't disagree. Also for him to be taxing the individual citizen 35% and the corporations 15% and corporations getting massive tax breaks on top of that is ridiculous. All recent studies done on this have shown that these corporations didn't reinvest or increase jobs here in Canada they just filled there bank accounts to a tune of 650 billion dollars. This is well documented. I am voting conservative but it is the lesser of the 3 evils. So disagree all u want but u are disagreeing with out any educated response.
What do corporations do with all that money? They just leave it in the bank collecting 0% interest? I always wondered about that. You seem to have the inside track, so it would be good to know. I'd be most interested in reading all these recent studies as well, I probably wouldn't understand them, but it would be great if you could post up the links anyways.

Thanks.

PS: What did you have for dinner with the Harpers?
Old 09-18-2015, 03:09 AM

I don't know what people expected. This is the NDP through and through. You do a little digging and its easy to see it runs rampant with the major supporters and high ups in the party.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:52 AM

"Please people, If you just can't bring yourselves to vote anything but NDP, stay home on October 19. At least while this guy is at the helm.'

No. The right wing is always saying soldiers died for our right to vote (I think it is a lot more likely they died for their squad mates, but whatever..)

So we have the Treadau kid, Harper who is trying to muzzle the media, and protesters whilst whipping up hate against our fellow Canadians, and Mulcair.

It is my right to go to the polling station and write "No suitable candidate" on the ballot.
But I won't. I'll vote strategically near the end. I'll vote against which ever party is leading in the polls. Hopefully they'll have such a slim majority that they will not be able to make any radical changes to our laws.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Sorry for my uneducated response. And thanks for the PM. No politician is perfect bud. Even though I'm uneducated, I'll let you know what I have seen. But hey, what does experience matter? In a nutshell, we live in an economy that has far out performed basically anywhere on earth. Even us uneducated ones can make an excellent living. My American friends slobber at the mouth when they think about the opportunity we have. Sky's the limit. While they sputter and toil, we thrive. I'm thankful to God everyday for what we have. You're probably right- Harper's just a weak kneed moron who's the lesser of the 3 evils. But hey, we should listen to you, cause eating dinner with someone makes you smarter than the rest of us...
Yeah those evil, job creating corps hey? We all see what happens around here when those guys don't do well.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:43 AM

I agree that weening off fossel fuel is good but only 35 years ? Maybe 50 years would be a better number.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
I agree that weening off fossel fuel is good but only 35 years ? Maybe 50 years would be a better number.
Why not let the market decide? We use oil because it is the only economical option. Once other options exist industry will adopt them. Forcing a change with any timeline is ridiculous as alternatives can't be wished into existence.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phil A View Post
Posted a link to this yesterday.

If these yahoos think this is such a great concept then I challenge them to live without anything that took fossil fuels and capitalism to get them where they are today.

That includes travel, (David Suzuki is a hypocrite on many of this flying all over the place), clothing, food, ie all the essentials it takes to survive.

Bet all these people drove, flew, etc to get to where they could get this photo op.

Back to the challenge. They can take their subsidized wealth and start their own "organic farm" and make it big enough to feed all the signatories. Let us know how that turns out.

In the former USSR their collective farming experience was a joke. No motivation to do better. After the fall of communism, those farms were tasked with production goals. You would be rewarded the better the farm did. Guess where that came from??? capitalism.

There was a opinion column in one of the papers about two to three weeks ago questioning how long commie tommie could keep the far left wingnuts at bay before they submarined him. It has arrived.

As for this not happening or it is impossible to achieve, don't kid yourself. These clowns armed with a mandate would turn this country upside down. They would realize just like the provincial government that they will be a one shot chance so which way do we go. Play nice and get a second term or go nuts because we will be only one term.

We already have no property rights (property is not just land) so it would not be hard to get government ownership of everything you own. You look at by laws and what not and that is all in place to dictate to you what you can or cannot do with your house and lot.

This manifesto group thinks they are educated because they can read and write, that they are the most intelligent people on the planet. They are trying to do away with elitism but fail to see they are only substituting one with another. Mostly because they don't have the ability to achieve it thru the conventional methods.

"Put your money where your mouth is" and show us how this could work.

We already know the answer to that.
Excellent post doc

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne
Old 09-18-2015, 09:02 AM

Default No worries

Quote:
Sorry didn't mean to sound racist. I was referring to China's open statement that they will destroy their own country to dominate the industrially.
Haha, I know what you meant. I never took it as a racist comments or anything like that. I make fun of my own culture more than anyone I know.