Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2015, 11:02 AM

Default Last chance to comment on Alberta Government's Climate change plans

https://climateleadershipsurvey.alberta.ca/

They are going to implementing a carbon tax on vehicles, gasoline, natural gas, etc. It is coming.

So regardless you position...at least be heard on the survey.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-17-2015, 11:15 AM

What a load. You get a chance to prioritize the policies they plan on destroying the economy with.
I guess we now know how they intend to increase taxes and wreck the economy.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:49 AM

That is not a survey on what Alberta wants, it was buffet of poisons by which it can choose to die.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulehahn View Post
that is not a survey on what alberta wants, it was buffet of poisons by which it can choose to die.
lol. X2
Old 09-17-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
That is not a survey on what Alberta wants, it was buffet of poisons by which it can choose to die.
Well said

They probably won't like my results so I'd imagine they'll be disqualified for some reason.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:20 PM

Wow, that wasn't as much of a survey as just telling us what's coming down the pipe. These NDP sure like their surveys.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:31 PM

300 characters isn't enough for a good rant.I almost had to sound like a rational adult.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:46 PM

At least it has a comments section where a person can say what they think of the hypocrisy of the climate sciences and political ambition.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM

Default Couldn't even finish it

It so stupid. It like the NDP has no common sense of how the world works.
"I reject this reality and substitute my own". The economy is in the ****ter and yet they want to add more taxes.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:41 PM

I think we need a gas tax, it ll get those old 460 fords alittle cheaper to buy fuel price is essentially irrelevant when you consider time and effort it would take most people to get anywhere on a bike lol
Old 09-17-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
I think we need a gas tax, it ll get those old 460 fords alittle cheaper to buy fuel price is essentially irrelevant when you consider time and effort it would take most people to get anywhere on a bike lol
Realistically, we could achieve all that the NDP is trying to by simply taxing gas at $2 per litre. There is no need for all the complicated cap and trade, carbon tax nonsense. These are just the means to transfer wealth to NDP friendly companies and supporters. If fuel is more expensive people will seek alternatives and use less. Alternatives become more palatable because they are relatively cheaper. The down side for the NDP is that the costs then become more obvious. So they have to hide their interference behind taxing companies who then increase costs to consumers.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
At least it has a comments section where a person can say what they think.
x2
Old 09-17-2015, 05:19 PM

Get all comments in. Forward to all friends. Likely not going to help but clearly the comment sections could be used.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-17-2015, 05:24 PM

Fill it out, first off, there is nothing wrong in giving home owners grants and rebates when upgrading to greener appliances etc. Many other places do it. If I could receive some rebates for installing solar on my home, I'd jump at the chance. There are ways of helping the environment without agreeing to carbon taxes etc. Don't simply shut down and refuse to be a part of the process at all. By doing so, it gives a leg up to those who want cap and trade and carbon taxes and implement more taxes on industry. Don't let them have a say without voicing yours.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:34 PM

Gave them my opinion even though they won't like it, not that I was rude or anything

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 09-17-2015, 06:05 PM

If we were not getting cosbied hard up the hoop every time we turned aroumd maybe we could afford eco home upgrades on our own if we desired without big brother pretending to do us a favor by rebating a tiny fraction of our money back to us.
G.d it

Last edited by BANG; 09-17-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Fill it out, first off, there is nothing wrong in giving home owners grants and rebates when upgrading to greener appliances etc. Many other places do it. If I could receive some rebates for installing solar on my home, I'd jump at the chance. There are ways of helping the environment without agreeing to carbon taxes etc. Don't simply shut down and refuse to be a part of the process at all. By doing so, it gives a leg up to those who want cap and trade and carbon taxes and implement more taxes on industry. Don't let them have a say without voicing yours.
Unfortunately you cannot fill it out without agreeing in some measure with carbon taxes, cap and trade and revamping our current energy system at great and unnecessary cost.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:41 PM

Did you know you don't have to be an Albertan to fill it the survey? Saudi Arabia, Iran, Sierra Club etc can all. Fill out surveys. Complete crap!
Old 09-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunted View Post
Did you know you don't have to be an Albertan to fill it the survey? Saudi Arabia, Iran, Sierra Club etc can all. Fill out surveys. Complete crap!
Yeah it is a SHAM....first the NDP raises Corporate taxes and then they institute a carbon tax that will not reduce "carbon" but it will raise taxes and all for the sake of "saving" the environment....next up is the shutdown of coal fired power plants so you can take it to the bank your electricity bill will double up.

At the same time the Alberta NDP has not put out a budget because that would make Uncle Tom look bad.

FTH
Old 09-17-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Unfortunately you cannot fill it out without agreeing in some measure with carbon taxes, cap and trade and revamping our current energy system at great and unnecessary cost.
You can still strongly disagree and then place them the furthest on down on the priority list. I know it isn't ideal but if more of us give our input, hopefully the NDP will see that Carbon taxes etc are not what the majority of Albertans want

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunted View Post
I agree, I sent off an email asking why there aren't any procedures in place with this survey to ensure it's Albertans who have a say in these policies
Old 09-17-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Agree - give companies and or people tax abatements and incentives for "green" energy use and/or alternatives - no problem there.

BUT what I said on the comments sections .....

Why would you tax the one industry that generates a huge portion of Alberta's jobs, tax revenues ect ... crippling our economy in a mad rush to turn Alberta green overnight. That is irresponsible, short sighted and presents a high risk to our revenues in this province.

These revenues feed many of the provinces children and pay for your social programs.

And .....Why would a energy company want to pay more taxes to fund an energy company that may be green but, in the end, will compete with them and drive them out of business? That is ridiculous.

I have proposed to move my business out of Alberta and move it to a friendlier jurisdiction outside the province. I can't afford a NDP government. Neither can the 100 people that will be unemployed in my facilities.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:30 PM

I stated about the same thing as you in my comments. I agree that Alberta could and should diversify however, it needs to be done transitionally with reasonable time frames. They aren't going to "Fix" anything over night but they'll bankrupt many Albertans over night while driving away the industry that drives Alberta and Canada.

All I can do is encourage people to fill it out, let your voice be heard.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:34 PM

Yeah, I filled it out and I'm pretty sure they won't like my comments.