Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2015, 12:23 PM

Default Ms foothills question

So I have a question. If someone buys a property and moves in with all papers signed and taxes paid, then the owner finds out that there are sheds that are non compliant ( not on the previous RPR). Then given options by the MD of foothills that I can buy a 500 relaxation permit or tear it down. The latest RPR was done during the time the new owner lives there without being informed or asked about permission to trespass.
What's the deal here.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:09 PM

This is something I think your lawyer should have caught on to. A compliant rpr should be a condition of closing the sale and if they didn't provide this the sale shouldn't have happened. Something is off here. Normally the seller does a rpr and has it signed off at the county prior to the sale within so many days of the closing date. I got caught on this with the md of foothills myself. The buyers held back some of the money, 5k if I recall, until I got the relaxation approved. Once approved, I provided a letter of compliance to the buyer, after the close date, and the lawyers released the balance of the money owing.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:25 PM

Yup, lawyers are supposed to catch that.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:16 PM

Default Update

Yup you guys are correct. The lawyer said its in the sellers banks trust and will be used to cover the fees. Phew.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:53 PM

I actually had to go through the steps to get the relax as. The seller in my case. Are you sure you need to do it or is the process started on the sellers end?