Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2011, 08:37 AM

Question P d r

{Paint Dent Repair} anybody out there familiar with the trade ? Ive been practicing and wondering if its worth it.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 AM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

You mean Paintless Dent repair? that's what Boyd's autobody has no ability to do, as they have had my truck since Jan 10th- Never go there-

I imagine PDR could be lucrative as on ten or more dents the charge is usually around $100/dent and a dent usually takes 1-10 minutes.
any skill is a good skill to have.
RH
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 AM

why so long ? what kinda dents ? Where are the dent located ? just ?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:35 AM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

The Problem with boyd's autobody has been everything. They missed some of the dents the first two rounds of PDR and had to do it again, then they had to replace the roof as they "overworked" and pushed the metal out. Then they painted the truck again but forgot to clean the truck off before painting resulting in tons of dust in the paint and tried telling me that they considered it a good eneugh job so I had to state my refusal to accept with someone from my insurance company. They painted it a second time then called me and said that the second time it got painted worse then the first so they would to it a third time, then they forgot to put my decals thingies back on. Then they put them on backwards. Then they forgot to order the corner mouldings for the roof. And they oversparyed clearcoat in that looked like super soaker sprays down the side off the box (which was'nt being painted). The first two times they painted the truck they comletely forgot to put the 3m on and tried to tell me it was'nt neccecary and I would be fine without.????? This is an insurance job and I am extremely dissapointed. I have a feeling this is going to turn into one more problem after another. This is all happening on my '10 toyota tundra..
The service and quality of work received from Boyds autobody is absolutely disgarcefull and when they should have been ashamed, they told me I was too picky.
Never ever go there. I wish I had'nt.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 AM

WOW,,some shops cannot do the simplest thing's,,,.I do work at home ' all my jobs get wet sanded and polished . Sorry about your luck.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 AM

I had a dent on my brand new GMC right on the front fender crease. I thought there would be no way to fix that. For 120$ they got it done and well to boot! Allthough the metal stretches a tiny bit in the process, I was willing to comprimise the 1200$ alternative to replace and paint a new fender. Paintless Dent Repair is cool!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:30 AM

Default pdr

boyds did my truck in oct did great job over 4000 dents threw in a complete polish also took out a few scrathes free that were not part of ins. claim
Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45/70/500 View Post
boyds did my truck in oct did great job over 4000 dents threw in a complete polish also took out a few scrathes free that were not part of ins. claim
Which Boyd's did you go to? I have heard the one on 114th ave does pretty good work.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 AM

Default boyds

they are at about 53 or 54 ave. and 3 or 4 st s.e calgary