Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 11:24 AM

So at what point does a citizen of Canada cross over to a meat bag that we can torture/hand over for torture?

Does Khadr have no rights?

I don't care for Khadr but our people broke our rules.... this is the reason for the payout.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Banned

Are we the only country that apologizes and compensates our enemies? I'm on should be compensated with a hanging and apologized for not doing it sooner.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
So at what point does a citizen of Canada cross over to a meat bag that we can torture/hand over for torture?

I don't care for Khadr but our people broke our rules.... this is the reason for the payout.
Terrorists that belong to organizations that murder innocent civilians via acts of terrorism, shouldn't have the same rights as a prisoner of war.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:

When treason is committed.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:

The minute he decides to become a terrorist and fight against his own country and their allies he is no longer a citizen of this country but rather a traitor and should be treated as one. This goes for his whole family including the brother who's medical bills we are still paying. They should all be sent back.

Instead our tax dollars are going to keep them on easy street for the rest of their disgusting lives.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
This forum is not out to stifle conversations and exchanges of ideas. As we all know, this issue is divisive, and in the past has fallen off the rails. By all means, exchange ideas and opinions, even if they are strong, but while doing so remember that swearing and insults are not allowed. Keep er between the lines boys.
Not out to stifle exchanges of ideas and yet you do it all the time by locking or deleting threads which start to get a bit "politically incorrect" and you are threatening to do so here.These days freedom of speech seems to exist only as long as no one's feelings get hurt.

One of the reasons I seldom post on this forum anymore.
Banned

Quote:
When you leave Canada to fight for an enemy terrorist organization and kill our allies.

Khadr wasn't tortured by the way. He was interrogated.

He most certainly hasn't endured anything that should earn him any of my tax dollars or sympathy.

These people are citizens of convenience., they join terrorist organizations, and take up arms against our allies and our own armed forces, and when things go bad for them, all of a sudden they want to be Canadian citizens; and enjoy the rights that being a citizen provides. Yet they have no qualms about murdering other innocent civilians.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Banned

I love this. People arguing about Khadr, and clearly haven't researched anything into the case.

Case in point, the whole document is an interesting read.

http://jlc.org/system/files/case_fil...pdf?download=1

Quote:
Mr. Nixon will testify as to the types of grenades, or other weapons, that would cause injuries such as those suffered by SFC Speer. Given the distribution of fragmentation wounds across his body, as well as their size, Mr. Nixon will testify that the
type of fragmentation grenade that killed SFC Speer was much more likely to be an M67 than an F1. Mr. Nixon will testify that the M67 blasts in a predictable “mist” of fine shrapnel in a casualty radius of up to 15 meters. Based upon the wide distribution of penetration wounds extending from his forehead to his ankle, coupled with the lack of burn injuries on his body, Mr. Nixon will testify that SSG Speer’s injuries are consistent with an M67 grenade exploding a few meters away, like those being thrown by coalition forces inside the walls of the compound
From a soldier that was THERE. We were not.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...adr_guilt.html

The US changed the rules of war - "murder in violation of the laws of war" - just for Khadr.

I'm not trying to protect Khadr, but this whole case just doesn't pass the smell test.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Khadr wasn't tortured by the way. He was interrogated.
Funny, that's how the US put it.

So when Poland paid out a quarter of a million to 2 terror suspects they tortured for the CIA - was that still interrogation? Define torture for us?
Old 07-04-2017, 11:57 AM

He deserves every penny he gets albeit it uncle sam wronged him the most. What no one saw a settlement coming? HAHA! I predicted that the second I heard he was coming "home" to do the duration of his ill gotten time. He was a child. Were any of us there to see what really happened? Don't pretend to be surprised and outraged, get a grip!
Old 07-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Funny, that's how the US put it.

So when Poland paid out a quarter of a million to 2 terror suspects they tortured for the CIA - was that still interrogation? Define torture for us?

1. the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or to force them to do or say something, or for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270WIN View Post
Not out to stifle exchanges of ideas and yet you do it all the time by locking or deleting threads which start to get a bit "politically incorrect" and you are threatening to do so here.These days freedom of speech seems to exist only as long as no one's feelings get hurt.

Not that I'm sure sns2 can't stick up for himself, but how do you figure that someone who has been a moderator for no more than a week "locks and deletes threads all the time"
He specifically stated that swearing and insults won't be tolerated, but discussion will. If you're all for people swearing and insulting each other...than I don't think many care that you seldom post here anymore.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270WIN View Post

If your idea of free speech is being able to curse and insult people feel free to leave
It has nothing to do with being politically correct and has everything to do with being respectful towards others
Cat
Old 07-04-2017, 12:07 PM

I could care less who made the grenade that killed the medic, even if Kadr hadn't killed anyone, the fact is that he joined a terrorist organization, and then he took up arms against our allies. Anyone that takes part in terrorist activities and takes up arms to try and commit murder is a terrorist, and should be treated as a terrorist, rather than as a prisoner of war.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
1. the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or to force them to do or say something, or for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.
So, what happened in Bagram? Abu Ghraib? Was that legal? Consider it torture?
Old 07-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Anyone that takes part in terrorist activities and takes up arms to try and commit murder is a terrorist, and should be treated as a terrorist, rather than as a prisoner of war.
Then based on your ideal - It's time for many in the US government to be charged.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
So, what happened in Bagram? Abu Ghraib? Was that legal? Consider it torture?
Tell me what happened to Khadr at Abu Ghraib and Bagram and I'll tell you if it was torture.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Tell me what happened to Khadr at Abu Ghraib and Bagram and I'll tell you if it was torture.
Seriously? I need to tell you what happened? You've never researched it?
Old 07-04-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Not that I'm sure sns2 can't stick up for himself, but how do you figure that someone who has been a moderator for no more than a week "locks and deletes threads all the time"
He specifically stated that swearing and insults won't be tolerated, but discussion will. If you're all for people swearing and insulting each other...than I don't think many care that you seldom post here anymore.
I was about to say the same thing.....
Old 07-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Seriously? I need to tell you what happened? You've never researched it?
I'm asking you what happened to Khadr at these locations.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:23 PM

So our favorite little terrorist has decided to try to become an EMT or paramedic. Already registered as an EMR (EMR's are mostly industrial medics, but it is the first step)

https://www.google.ca/amp/edmontonjo...n-edmonton/amp

If you have a problem with a jihadi being alone in the back of an ambulance with your loved one or any vulnerable person, you can contact the Alberta College of Paramedics here:

http://www.collegeofparamedics.org/complaints/

By the way, one must pass a criminal record check in order to be registered. Wonder how he got around that, I guess he doesn't have an official record here but it's well reported what he plead guilty to. A little influence from Ottawa perhaps?
Old 07-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm asking you what happened to Khadr at these locations.
Khadr wasn't in Abu Ghraib, never said he was. I asked you if you consider what US soldiers did in both Abu Ghraib and Bagram was considered torture.

You want to argue, but you don't want to do any research? Dig into it.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:30 PM

I guess Canada should be paying the minister in prison in North Korea right now... he has a greater right to compensation... At least he isnt trying to kill ally soldiers... In the end of it all no matter his upbringing he committed a terrible act. I dont care that he was 15 he either killed or was party to killing ally soldiers for a terrorist organization. Dont tell me he had no choice. My Grandparents chose to hide jews in ww2 and recieved a bullet. They chose to do good and accepted the consequences. He chose to do evil and should not be paid by a country he left. The rational that Canada should pay for his "suffering" is ridiculous. He is a human who chose to try kill other humans who were seeking to do good. The last thing anyone who does that should recieve is money.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Khadr wasn't in Abu Ghraib, never said he was. I asked you if you consider what US soldiers did in both Abu Ghraib and Bagram was considered torture.

You're obviously not going to win your argument on this forum.
Is it that you just really like to see your words in print?
Old 07-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:

Well I know this thread is about Khadr and that he didn't spend any time at Ghraib.

I don't want to argue. I'm stating facts and clearing through the obfuscation of his supporters.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:

At the point where the citizens of Canada get sick enough of being abused by "our people" and oust them and change "our rules". It defies common sense, but we know that liberals and their governments love giving taxpayer money to criminals.

Reminds me of this story: http://www.sfexaminer.com/man-receiv...ity-violation/
Old 07-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
You're obviously not going to win your argument on this forum.
Is it that you just really like to see your words in print?
I'm not looking to win an argument.

Question is - is Khadr guilty? So many conflicting stories from the people that were there. If you actually do some research on the case, you'll realize that. If the pineapple wasn't Russian - then it was friendly fire. Who's to blame then?

And to boot, what Khadr did wasn't illegal at the time - the US changed the rules just for terrorism. Toss out the Geneva convention, to heck with the UN. You may want to read up on "murder in violation of the laws of war". Whether I agree or not, matters not.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:45 PM

Regardless of the semantics of the story, how does this play up in the eyes of our greatest ally, the United States? We're apologizing and paying out a convicted terrorist who killed a United States soldier?
Old 07-04-2017, 12:45 PM

I agree silver... to heck with the UN... if you want corruption look no further.
Closed Thread