Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 09:44 PM

Default Khadr Compensation

Being a child warrior pays off if you come back to Canada
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle35538745/
Old 07-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Banned

I'll get banned if I post what I really wanna say.

Oh Kanada.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:08 PM

Just more proof that Trudeau is an idiot.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:11 PM

Default Compensation

I will compensate the little murderer.

Out of my own pocket too.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Banned

People need to get over the Khadr thing. Grow up in a warzone then come back and talk about what you want to do to him. There are generations of kids that will never know peace, but we can sit safely behind our keyboards in Canada and pass judgement.

The kid was 15, thrown in Guantanamo for 6 years and yeah, I imagine he was tortured - something the Americans are great at and do around the world - including Syria.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
People need to get over the Khadr thing. Grow up in a warzone then come back and talk about what you want to do to him. There are generations of kids that will never know peace, but we can sit safely behind our keyboards in Canada and pass judgement.

The kid was 15, thrown in Guantanamo for 6 years and yeah, I imagine he was tortured - something the Americans are great at and do around the world - including Syria.
Some of your tax dollars are part of that 10mil... and you support it. Jesus Christ. Soon they will compensate every refugee from a horrible country, oh wait..... :snapoutofi t:
Old 07-03-2017, 10:16 PM

Default Be respectful

This forum is not out to stifle conversations and exchanges of ideas. As we all know, this issue is divisive, and in the past has fallen off the rails. By all means, exchange ideas and opinions, even if they are strong, but while doing so remember that swearing and insults are not allowed. Keep er between the lines boys.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:

What did the family of the soldier he murdered get???
Old 07-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Nothing at all. Probably just an "uh" from trudeau.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:23 PM

10 million dollars of taxpayer money going to go back into funding terrorism.

LC
Old 07-03-2017, 10:31 PM

Was and is a terrorist and enemy combatant. That's all there is to the matter.

No surprise turdeau is paying him. That's what liberals do best.

Tell the yanks to shoot straight next time. Or shoot more. Or both. Don't bring any more back.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:

Hey, some places 15 is the age of majority, let's not get hung up on the age thing, the guy is a CONVICTED WAR CRIMINAL.

Grizz
Old 07-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
Being a child warrior pays off if you come back to Canada
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle35538745/
15yo CHILD? WHF???

Quote:
The kid was 15
A KID? Next I guess is a "25 yo KID"?

Just to be clear: to silverdoctor and other bleeding hearts: in so called "third world" where I had a privilege to grow up, if you "don know what you're doing" by 12 you DON'T SURVIVE. Stop this "kid" and "child soldier" nonsense already. This person was part of FAMILY business, knowing perfectly well what it was about.

Only places like Canada can forgive you to be stupid well into your 50th

Last edited by lilsundance; 07-04-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
He didn't murder him, that solider was from an invading country and their had been a fire fight. He was a uneducated, sheltered kid that was mentally abused by his disgustIng family. Then we, the civilized world took him and tortured the hell out of him. We broke our own rules on a kid. If anything we should be paying because we became the enemy.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
That is actually a good question. The families of the soldiers killed and wounded were awarded over 130 million in a Utah Court. That is under appeal, and although Canadian Lawyers are saying it won't stand there is a good chance it will. The case was decided in "default" as Kadhr had no representation in Utah but that was his doing. Two separate firms tried to represent him and he would not let them. The money should be handed straight to the wives of the soldiers he killed and maimed.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
He didn't murder him, that solider was from an invading country and their had been a fire fight. He was a uneducated, sheltered kid that was mentally abused by his disgustIng family. Then we, the civilized world took him and tortured the hell out of him. We broke our own rules on a kid. If anything we should be paying because we became the enemy.
Wow. Someone actually put some effort into following the story. Good on you. Guess people aren't aware that it was likely a US grenade that did the damage to the US soldiers.

Last edited by silverdoctor; 07-03-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:16 PM

So he was involved in a firefight with US personnel, presumably captured by US personnel, sent to a US facility, presumed tortured by US personnel, and Canada is providing a compensation claim. Makes me yearn for the days of Statesmen and not financially/image motivated politicians.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:23 PM

At some point doesn't Khadr need to take responsibility for throwing the grenade? It is disgusting that he is receiving any financial compensation. He was a combatant who was 15 years old, not an 8 year old Liberian child soldier. He knew what he was doing and deserves no free passes. He has shown no remorse for his war crimes to which he previously pled guilty to. To give this convicted war criminal labels as a child soldier or to say we became the enemy is disrespectful to any Canadian that fought and/or died in Afghanistan. We have come way too far and are now a passive society unable to stand up for anything and submitting to all. Disgusting.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:37 PM

Whether or not we compensate him for whatever "wrongs" we did is one thing but what I can't figure out is why on earth is him and his family still allowed in the country? If you fight against Canada you should get your citizenship stripped immediately and banned from returning permanently
Old 07-04-2017, 01:16 AM
Banned

Another criminal sucking up tax dollars from hard working Albertans. Wish I could say I was shocked.

Quote:

In March, Mr. Khadr underwent a 19-hour operation in an Edmonton hospital to repair his shoulder, which was severely damaged during the firefight with U.S soldiers.

“Nobody advocated for his health whatsoever. Even when he came back to Canada, I raised all those issues with the Correctional Services and of course [former prime minister Stephen] Harper was not interested in hearing anything like that,” Mr. Edney said in an interview last March.
Sure do miss Harper.

Last edited by rugatika; 07-04-2017 at 01:25 AM.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:27 AM

My personal feelings are that all of these problems, including his stay at Gitmo, would have been avoided if someone would have capped his treasonous *butt* on the battlefield.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
He pleaded guilty to murder and several war crimes in October 2010 at a hearing by a United States military commission

He was imprisoned for throwing a grenade during the firefight that resulted in the death of an American soldier
Old 07-04-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:

While there is some validity to saying that we don't know how we would turn out if we grew up in a war zone that is also no excuse. I think you also are sitting safely behind a keyboard in Canada condemning others who have a view different than yours... Sort of defeats your own argument if you are not adhering to it yourself. Many people all over the world grow up in terrible situations and turn out fine. Many also struggle for years however it is no excuse to be able to kill someone, nevermind to be compensated for doing so.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
He pleaded guilty to murder and several war crimes in October 2010 at a hearing by a United States military commission

He was imprisoned for throwing a grenade during the firefight that resulted in the death of an American soldier
Man cmon, turn your lights on. Of course he plead guilty, most of us would as well to escape Gitmo. Do a little reading on the subject.

And it's not murder if it's during a fire fight and you are defending what you believe to be yours against an invading force from the other side of the world. Even though I still don't believe he did it.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
This forum is not out to stifle conversations and exchanges of ideas. As we all know, this issue is divisive, and in the past has fallen off the rails. By all means, exchange ideas and opinions, even if they are strong, but while doing so remember that swearing and insults are not allowed. Keep er between the lines boys.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Man cmon, turn your lights on. Of course he plead guilty, most of us would as well to escape Gitmo. Do a little reading on the subject.

And it's not murder if it's during a fire fight and you are defending what you believe to be yours against an invading force from the other side of the world. Even though I still don't believe he did it.
I have followed since it happened, talk about it quite often with good friends who are in the CAF. Just because my opinion is different does not mean I am wrong or you are wrong. Lights are on thanks, no need for childish comments.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:

Please go visit veterans from ww2. Tell them to their face that they were an invading force and were in the wrong. They should have never pushed all the way back to Germany. Or the Korean war vets... or any war veterans. If you are defending something evil and atrocious that also means you should not be in line for some form of compensation.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:05 AM
Banned

Regardless of your opinion, it sets a dangerous precedent.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
Please go visit veterans from ww2. Tell them to their face that they were an invading force and were in the wrong. They should have never pushed all the way back to Germany. Or the Korean war vets... or any war veterans. If you are defending something evil and atrocious that also means you should not be in line for some form of compensation.
Spot on
Old 07-04-2017, 06:20 AM

Was he a soldier fighting for a recognized army, or was he a terrorist? If he was an actual soldier in uniform, then he was entitled to be treated as a prisoner of war, but if he was simply a terrorist, then he was not entitled to be treated as a prisoner of war. And if he was a terrorist, then killing the soldier was murder, not an act of war. As to his capture and treatment, he was not captured by Canadian forces, and he did not suffer at the hands of Canadian soldiers, so why is Canada getting involved with compensation? If you argue that he was a Canadian citizen at the time, then Canada should try him for treason for taking up arms against an ally that Canada was fighting with.