Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 PM

Default Internal Organs sucked out...

Here is a question...thought...whatever...

How many of you guys believe, know, think, no it's a lie, etc etc

That when you shoot an animal through the chest, or body cavity and the change in pressure, or anything else, can cause internal organs to be sucked out or expelled...

For example, from another thread,... an animal shot through the chest and the lung blows out the hole and is found on the ground...

This in regards to coming out the bullet hole...not an animal the size of a gopher or yote you have obliterated, but a big game animal, with large organs and an average entrance and exit bullet hole...

Discuss?

Mythbusters?

Anyone....
Old 10-08-2010, 03:22 PM

I know I have shot whitetails and found lung tissue on the ground at the point of impact. Also made a real poor shot on a whitetail doe tears ago,when we tracked her down she had intestines hanging out one side. Felt like crap,but we did find her.
So yes I believe a wound can cause intenal tissue/organs to exit the body cavity

Ian
Old 10-08-2010, 05:48 PM

Peices sure, but i can't see whole organs
Old 10-08-2010, 07:39 PM

What the what?......why? Are u auditioning for CSI? Mythbusters? Arn u bored? I'm liquered up on rye and Drambuie....and WT?
I believe, know, think, no it's a lie I haven't had enuff Dram to answer this one.....sober.......
Just watch "The Matrix".....that'll answer it....
"I am fascinated by the wild, rough country sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes." - JOC

Last edited by lilsundance; 10-09-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned

^^^ lololol.

i dont know what yer fishing for arn, but the quote was

Quote:
he dropped a fist sized chunk of lung,
there has been more than one time ive found body parts along a wounded animals trail. whole organs...never...too much tissue and muscle attatched holding them in, but jellied lung heart and liver are common. i saw a deer once that was gut shot that jumped a fence and the intestines exposed were pulled out on the snag. that was the most gruesome thing ive found. heck occasionally ive even found fragments of bone.

in short, yes, parts of organs fall out of wounded animals frequently.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:04 PM

I shot a mulie doe a couple years ago with a 30-06 using 180 grain etips. I hit a rib and made a hole about the size of a football and there were parts hanging out but not sucked out due to the change in pressure from no hole to a huge hole in the chest cavity.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:07 PM

I know a 50 BMG will turn anything into soup at 1000 yards... but not to sure about any game taken like that. Pieces and gunk strewn across the dirt beside the animal yeah but whole organs i dont think so.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM

Default 300 wby mag

My dad watched my uncle shoot a little Mule buck Broadside at 80 yards useing a 180 Grain nosler ballistic tip.The deer fell instantley.

When they walked up to the little buck,the bullet split the deer in half right below the rib cage and all that was holding it together was it's spinal cord.

All the guts,lungs,heart,Etc were laying on the ground beside the Deer.My dad and uncle Talk about it every year, They are still in disbelief!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:14 AM

No. I'll tell ya boy she happens! It depends on how high you are up on the hill. If you put that bullet hard from at least fory or fify foot, it will for shur suck them guts out. saam as pullin a big halibit up quik.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:43 AM

I was with a guy who literally gutted his deer completely with a .270. Bullet cut right down the brisket on a front on shot and we found its guts before we found the deer. I've also shot deer and found pieces of lung on the ground and hanging from branches.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:31 AM

Fat Cat,

Just wanted to thank you for the good hard laugh! Good stuff! Definitely good stuff! I'm still laughing!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Old 10-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrack View Post
Fat Cat,

Just wanted to thank you for the good hard laugh! Good stuff! Definitely good stuff! I'm still laughing!
And thats about all that can be said LOL!

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 10-09-2010, 09:58 PM

Arn: this was all in fun. not trying to rude..just could not help it. Your cool and my new hero. love everyone east of quebec!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:27 PM

you will surely be in love when I post the photos of my last deer that was killed by hydrostatic shock.... you can see the devestation of the shock wave..
Old 10-10-2010, 01:17 AM

I have seen organs removed through bullet wounds on deer, but not by a change in pressure.

My dad shot a deer last year with his .308 at 100 yrds. He thought his first shot missed, as the deer just stood there looking at him, so he shot again, and it just fell over.

When we walked up to it, it was laying entry wound side up. We went to hang up our coats about 30 yds away on the tree to start dressing it, and saw *almost* the entire heart laying in the grass, mangled.

While dressing the deer, we found that he put both bullets through the same hole, but when they exited, they left a hole a little bigger than a football, which I guess was more than enough for the heart to escape from...
Old 10-10-2010, 12:27 PM

I shot a whitetail doe last year and when i went looking for the trail there was a peice of heart, not sure if its change in pressure or anything but its an iternal organ out of the body..
Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 PM

It's not the change in pressure but, rather, the impact and shock of the bullet. There is very little change in pressure in a body cavity Vs atomphere. The bullet smashing into the cavity is what changes that.

Case in point - Bowhunters who punch a clean hole right through a deer.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM

i came across an accident just west of sylvan lake last year were a chevy
3/4 ton truck smoked a horse. the horse's guts were on the road and the whole rib cage was sunk in. i found it interesting that the impact would dispalce the guts as a whole unit.