Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2017, 10:11 AM

Default How about that for timing.

Had intentions of going down to High River and checking out trailers today.
Late yesterday afternoon at work, one of the guys says I have a call, from the RCMP in Three Hills. Only one thing that could be for.
Apparently they found my trailer abandoned on a farm road. Wrong plate on it.
I just got the plate back from CPS a couple of wks ago. Attached to a stolen and stripped truck, NW Calgary.
Full of plumbing stuff he says. Possibly a couple of my deke tubs being reused in there.
I just sent the final invoice on the replacement dekes to the insurance adjuster yesterday AM. Told him I am done, write 'er up and I'll sign it off. He has been super good about it over the last couple of months.
So, I guess it is off to Three Hills today. Go see what is what on that. Would be nice to have it back now, basement is a bit full again, reminds me why I bought it in the first place.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:11 PM

Well, that was it, it is my trailer. Missing the taillamps, cut off the light plug, scraped all the stickers off, few paint scratches there, took off the door holdbacks, took off the swivelling part of the lock brkt, cut the lower half. Installed a krappy shelf in the front of it and drilled two holes in the floor.
Other than that, it appears to be OK.
Have to do something with getting a new serial number (or compliance labels) and changing registration before I can have it back. Shud have instructions for that shortly. He actually found it 3 wks ago. Bunch of plumbing stuff in it, some labelled with names. One has been dead for 6 yrs. Looks like they did a garbage run to get rid of stuff they had acquired. None of my stuff in there though.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:18 PM

Good to hear you found it at least.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:30 PM

Wow!!! Awesome that you got it back.