Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-09-2017, 01:14 PM

Default Kids dying from opioid over doses and this is how police waste resources

Pot will be legal soon so lets get them. What a waste of man power.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...port-1.4017105

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Gone Hunting

Does this guy know the law concerning Marijuana?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-09-2017, 02:14 PM

don't forget how else they are wasting our resources and tax dollars their driving illegals from the illegal border crossing to the town of Emerson at least let them walk .
Old 03-09-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post

Will it? Chretien promised the same thing.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:26 PM

These guys weren't charged with simple possession.

Hmmm wife 28 years younger than him. I went into the wrong business. Drug use hasn't hurt him. Her, not so sure. LOL
Old 03-09-2017, 02:42 PM

Default It was just like shooting fish in a barrel

The LEO'S need some stat's to show the public they are winning the war on drugs. What could be easier than 9 stores with big signs "we sell drugs"
Old 03-09-2017, 03:12 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post

. . . What could be easier than 9 stores with big signs "we sell drugs"

Exactly ^! Virtually no 'resources' wasted there!

And please tell me this:
When are all those 'Kids' going to finally figure out that opioids Kill?!
And how many of them have to die before they finally figure it out?!

Even Russian Roulette is safer ... I just don't get it.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
Exactly ^! Virtually no 'resources' wasted there!
Virtually no resources?

I don't think simultaneous raids on 7 businesses and 4 homes is done with ease.

That would take a tremendous amount of resources and planning.

As will all the upcoming court proceedings. The guy sells weed, not coke. This raid just stopped people from what, getting the munchies? And supporting the economy. Funny the Gov has no problems collecting taxes from the stores and employees.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:11 PM

No comment on Mr Emery, however, the other 'crisis' is likely well planned.

If people are stupid enough to eat pills for entertainment, then they are smart enough to deal with the consequences.

Parents need to start parenting and adults already know about consequences, so no loss there.

Keep popping the pills losers.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:11 PM

It is ILLEGAL!

Whether you feel it is stupid or not, no matter how entitled you are, good that they caught and will prosecute them!

GOOD CATCH!!!!

Keep going there are lots more bastards to round up!

I just hope they get stiff sentences.

As for the kids dying from overdosing or using tainted drugs, well, you know. Darwin awards are easily obtained.

Marc Emery, 59, has been charged with:

Conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
Three counts of trafficking schedule II.
Five counts of possession for the purpose schedule II.
Five counts of possession proceeds of crime.
Fail-to-comply recognizance.
Jodie Emery, 32, has been charged with:

Conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
Trafficking schedule II.
Possession for the purpose schedule II.
Two counts of possession proceeds of crime.
Mark Pugash, spokesperson for the Toronto Police Service, said seven Cannabis Culture locations — five in Toronto, one in Hamilton and another in Vancouver — were searched on Thursday along with two homes in Toronto, one in Stoney Creek, Ont., and one in Vancouver.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Banned

I don't like pot heads, wether they get it from a store front or in a dark alley way, or the welfare mom next door,

Charge them, confiscate their belongings that are proceeds of crime
Old 03-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

How do you think those resources should be allocated to stop opiod use ?

Old 03-09-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
I don't like pot heads, wether they get it from a store front or in a dark alley way, or the welfare mom next door,

Charge them, confiscate their belongings that are proceeds of crime
Same, agree 100%

Investigate, prosecute, lock the cell, sell the seized assets, next.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
How do you think those resources should be allocated to stop opiod use ?
Don't know I'm not a cop. But I'm sure if the money spent on this stupidity was offered to the officers fighting the opioid epidemic they wouldn't say, no it's better used busting some pot shops.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-09-2017, 05:23 PM

Unless someone is force-feeding the fentanyl to people, it's pretty much their own fault. Sad yes, preventable yes, but it's essentially suicide so far as I'm concerned. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I'd love for the dealers to get caught and strung up certainly, but just as much (even more so) it would be awesome if the demand side of that supply and demand equation just evaporated. Without buyers there can be no dealers, users have an active hand in the situation.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't know I'm not a cop. But I'm sure if the money spent on this stupidity was offered to the officers fighting the opioid epidemic they wouldn't say, no it's better used busting some pot shops.
The cops could hire Bob Dylan and Neil Young as undercover agents ,,, those two could smoke several tons of every month ,
build a hootchie with leftover leaves
Old 03-09-2017, 05:31 PM

more- this guy is truly a loser!
Get out and go right back in, wow lol

Emery and his wife run about a dozen marijuana shops in Canada under the Cannabis Culture banner. Marc Emery was released from a U.S. prison in 2014 after spending just over four years behind bars on charges of selling marijuana seeds in the United States.

Marc Emery, B.C.'s 'prince of pot,' returns to Vancouver
A Facebook post by Marc Emery shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday said he and his wife were headed to Spain for Spannabis, a marijuana festival.

Toronto police have been cracking down on the city's illegal dispensaries for several months. There has been a spate of robberies of dispensaries across the city, some where shots were fired.

Gun fired during robbery of a Toronto marijuana dispensary
The turmoil has occurred as the federal government continues to mull changes to Canada's marijuana laws.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Have to agree with you piker. Whether people like it or not marijuana is on its way to being legalized, and in the grand scheme of things it is far down the list on things that need to be changed in the legal system. People that are so quick to chastise the usage of marijuana sometimes forget that what is a far bigger problem to society and unnecessary deaths is drunk driving which kills more people in this country than all gun deaths and opiates which create more addiction and death than any other drug whether they be legal through the pharmacy/medical culture or worse the black market where fentanyl starts rearing its ugly head. Don't get me wrong pot sales definitely needs to be regulated and controlled but it also provides an additional tax income that could have a portion put towards the fighting of the true killers.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:52 PM

It's not all illegal there are roughly 19 licensed dispenseries through out canada. Also if you have a legal prescription you can apply for a growers license which allows you to grow your own. Or you can be a designated grower for someone else. I have done a lot of research on this and the healing factors of cannabis are amazing. The side effects of prescription pills are far worse for you than cannabis will ever be. The pharmaceutical companies do not want it legalized because it will cut into their profits.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 03-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranets View Post
Have to agree with you piker. Whether people like it or not marijuana is on its way to being legalized, and in the grand scheme of things it is far down the list on things that need to be changed in the legal system. People that are so quick to chastise the usage of marijuana sometimes forget that what is a far bigger problem to society and unnecessary deaths is drunk driving which kills more people in this country than all gun deaths and opiates which create more addiction and death than any other drug whether they be legal through the pharmacy/medical culture or worse the black market where fentanyl starts rearing its ugly head. Don't get me wrong pot sales definitely needs to be regulated and controlled but it also provides an additional tax income that could have a portion put towards the fighting of the true killers.
Drunk driving bad so let's legalize some other things that will screw you up.

Regulate pot and tax it?? Like they do with alcohol. Sure fixed thaat drunk driving problem you mentioned.

I know I'm an old dog, but I'm surprised that today there are so many drug users. From what I see on the news there must be dozens of them worldwide.

When I was a young guy i didn't know one person who used recreational drugs of any kind. I did know a few who drank booze. I hear advocated say no one dies from pot use. Except for the ones who do I suppose that is correct.

I have no issue with medicinal pot. Like prescription drugs it is the abuse that creates the problems.

The war on drugs reminds of the Vietnam war or Iraq or Afghanistan..... not really a war. If it were it could have been won early on. But there is no political will to prosecute the actions needed.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Drunk driving bad so let's legalize some other things that will screw you up.

Regulate pot and tax it?? Like they do with alcohol. Sure fixed thaat drunk driving problem you mentioned.

I know I'm an old dog, but I'm surprised that today there are so many drug users. From what I see on the news there must be dozens of them worldwide.

When I was a young guy i didn't know one person who used recreational drugs of any kind. I did know a few who drank booze. I hear advocated say no one dies from pot use. Except for the ones who do I suppose that is correct.

I have no issue with medicinal pot. Like prescription drugs it is the abuse that creates the problems.

The war on drugs reminds of the Vietnam war or Iraq or Afghanistan..... not really a war. If it were it could have been won early on. But there is no political will to prosecute the actions needed.
No where in my statement did I say that allowing someone to drive while under the influence of marijuana would be acceptable in any way. And is regulation and sales the perfect answer "who knows" but it is sure a lot better than how it is going now . And you are correct it is not the usage , but the abuse that causes the issues but that could also be truthfully said about alcohol and prescription drugs also.And good for you for not being exposed to illicit drug use when you were younger ,but unfortunately for most of the rest of us we have witnessed it and do have first hand knowledge and I guarantee you that alcohol and opiates are doing far more damage and killing way more people than Marijuana being involved with law enforcement I get to see it every day and yes it is similar to Afghanistan in the fact that we will never truly win the war , but with some checks and balances maybe we can start turning the tables on the amounts of unnecessary deaths and crimes caused by the underground drug trade,
Old 03-10-2017, 11:49 AM

I was really against the legalization of pot not anymore, about 25 years ago I was talking with a 75 year old and he stated use it in moderately and you will be fine. yes keep it away from kids. The other hard line drugs such as fentanyl let all them losers take it and die off instead of saving them and spending hospital money that can be used for sick and the needy, The people wanting govt to help there loser kids, why didn't they help them or educate them. I am for pot being legal, for many years I was against it, might hurt the gangs and all there buddies, but of course govt will screw this up and charge too much. Smoke away you pot heads.. I smoke it years back never hurt me and I am sure there are a lot of users here that use it, so no need to worry for any of you worry warts.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:55 AM

Maybe the guys against should have tried it in the younger years, might be a little smarter, oh but of course you are fine to be a drunken fool but oh no the occasional pot heads are much worse. Also another thing the pot years ago was no near as potent as it is now. This thread will likely get shut down when someone loses it on someone else.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
The other hard line drugs such as fentanyl let all them losers take it and die off instead of saving them and spending hospital money that can be used for sick and the needy, The people wanting govt to help there loser kids, why didn't they help them or educate them. .
You do realize that a lot of people who die of a fentanyl overdose don't know they are ingesting fentanyl, don't you? They take something else cut with it. Just had two young men we knew recently die in such a situation. Good kids, not out to harm anyone. I may not support people using coke for example, but they shouldn't be sentenced to die for it, nor would I be as heartless and cavalier as you about it.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranets View Post
No where in my statement did I say that allowing someone to drive while under the influence of marijuana would be acceptable in any way. And is regulation and sales the perfect answer "who knows" but it is sure a lot better than how it is going now . And you are correct it is not the usage , but the abuse that causes the issues but that could also be truthfully said about alcohol and prescription drugs also.And good for you for not being exposed to illicit drug use when you were younger ,but unfortunately for most of the rest of us we have witnessed it and do have first hand knowledge and I guarantee you that alcohol and opiates are doing far more damage and killing way more people than Marijuana being involved with law enforcement I get to see it every day and yes it is similar to Afghanistan in the fact that we will never truly win the war , but with some checks and balances maybe we can start turning the tables on the amounts of unnecessary deaths and crimes caused by the underground drug trade,

I did say abuse of any of those things is the problem.

Wonder why I wasn't exposed to illicit drugs when I was younger. I grew up in the inner city and was certainly not sheltered from much of life's seedy side.

Alcohol and opiates do more damage than pot? Then we should legalize it and make it readily available to take up the slack?

I've heard many times that Marijuana is not a gateway drug, but I never met a drug user who hadn't started their journey on pot. Do all pot users move to other drugs? I don't think so but most do try other illegal stuff.

'Maybe the guys against should have tried it in the younger years, might be a little smarter, oh but of course you are fine to be a drunken fool but oh no the occasional pot heads are much worse. Also another thing the pot years ago was no near as potent as it is now. This thread will likely get shut down when someone loses it on someone else."

So pot makes you smarter??? Wonder why they call it dope?

Who said it was fine to ba drunken fool? Or a drugged fool?

So is that the only choices a person can make, drunk or drugged?

New pot is much more potent so it should be legal now??

You're a pot smoker I'll bet.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:55 PM

Police use their Resources how they are allotted by their mandate. Right now in Canada Marijuana is illegal. It can be used with a perscription for medicinal reasons and some provinces have allowed possession for personal use.

This arrest is not about the POT SHOP, it is about illegal activities within the shop and the owners are doing.
If you want a business and you dont wat the Police to arrest you then stay with int he law.

Many will say pot is better then alcohol, pot heads are better to work with then drunks.

I say neither are fun to work with. I can say in my experience they both have their problems and it falls down to the sober people to pick up the slack. Ya your hung over butt or your post stoned butt effects your performance i see it all the time. I am tired of having to work harder because your working slower yet you think you are fine.
One of the effects of use.

I grew up around all kinds of drugs and alcohol growing up. I started drinking socially when I 18 and today I rarely ever touch the stuff. I tried pot once when I was 22 or so, had to see what it was all about. Waste of money and my time, felt like crap and made me sick. Pot isnt the be all end all for everyone.

To many people are trying to justify their use of pot over alcohol. they both impair your abilities, how much it impairs depends on your own body how it processes it, and how much you intake.

You may be fine to smoke a joint and function, where the next person can take a toke or two and be totally out of it. The same about alcohol, one drink and your fine where the next person is drunk.

Tying to tell me or many others that Pot is fine and does not harm people is simply a lie. Many car crashes have been a direct result of a person being impaired with pot use. BUT it was not suspected of because the person did not smell of it, unlike alcohol. It isnt up until recently that they have been looking for pot or other impairments besides alcohol.
There were a few cases in BC about 10 or so years ago where it was challenged that Pot impairment was the major cause of the crash. The cases went away very quickly. They blamed it on alcohol, yet the person was not drunk and did not fail the alcohol test. But it did progress BC into spearheading the country in all impairments causing vehicle collisions not just alcohol. the problem is Alcohol is the easiest to test for and prove. So it is the catch all be all.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:07 PM

I've heard many times that Marijuana is not a gateway drug, but I never met a drug user who hadn't started their journey on pot.

By that logic, masturbation is a gateway to sexual perversion.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I've heard many times that Marijuana is not a gateway drug, but I never met a drug user who hadn't started their journey on pot.

By that logic, masturbation is a gateway to sexual perversion.
Mother's milk is a gateway drug. Experimentation, addictions, and just making bad decisions are all part of the human experience. Don't look down on or feel too superior to anyone else.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:49 PM

So pot makes you smarter??? Wonder why they call it dope?

Who said it was fine to ba drunken fool? Or a drugged fool?

So is that the only choices a person can make, drunk or drugged?

New pot is much more potent so it should be legal now??

You're a pot smoker I'll bet.
I do not know where you are coming up with your statements, nowhere did I say any of the above and your superior powers of telekinesis are off a bit as I am not a pot smoker, but I do enjoy the occasional glass of bourbon I guess by your standard that likely makes me a drunk fool.As for your other comment Alcohol and opiates do more damage than pot? Then we should legalize it and make it readily available to take up the slack? In case you haven't noticed both alcohol and opiates are legal and many people use both for purposes intended with no ill effects. Obviously the only way to fix the problem is to bury our heads in the sand and hope it goes away by utilizing our obviously superior moralistic mind powers.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
Police use their Resources how they are allotted by their mandate. Right now in Canada Marijuana is illegal. It can be used with a perscription for medicinal reasons and some provinces have allowed possession for personal use.

This arrest is not about the POT SHOP, it is about illegal activities within the shop and the owners are doing.
If you want a business and you dont wat the Police to arrest you then stay with int he law.

Many will say pot is better then alcohol, pot heads are better to work with then drunks.

I say neither are fun to work with. I can say in my experience they both have their problems and it falls down to the sober people to pick up the slack. Ya your hung over butt or your post stoned butt effects your performance i see it all the time. I am tired of having to work harder because your working slower yet you think you are fine.
One of the effects of use.

I grew up around all kinds of drugs and alcohol growing up. I started drinking socially when I 18 and today I rarely ever touch the stuff. I tried pot once when I was 22 or so, had to see what it was all about. Waste of money and my time, felt like crap and made me sick. Pot isnt the be all end all for everyone.

To many people are trying to justify their use of pot over alcohol. they both impair your abilities, how much it impairs depends on your own body how it processes it, and how much you intake.

You may be fine to smoke a joint and function, where the next person can take a toke or two and be totally out of it. The same about alcohol, one drink and your fine where the next person is drunk.

Tying to tell me or many others that Pot is fine and does not harm people is simply a lie. Many car crashes have been a direct result of a person being impaired with pot use. BUT it was not suspected of because the person did not smell of it, unlike alcohol. It isnt up until recently that they have been looking for pot or other impairments besides alcohol.
There were a few cases in BC about 10 or so years ago where it was challenged that Pot impairment was the major cause of the crash. The cases went away very quickly. They blamed it on alcohol, yet the person was not drunk and did not fail the alcohol test. But it did progress BC into spearheading the country in all impairments causing vehicle collisions not just alcohol. the problem is Alcohol is the easiest to test for and prove. So it is the catch all be all.
Excellent post Sir impairment by any cause should be unacceptable either behind the wheel or in the work place