Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
Career criminal and lifetime loser, how do you take an innocent 5 year old child's life and then put the family through it again for 5 weeks with a not guilty plea? No remorse, no accountability, no emotion.

See now this is where Islam would have done the right thing to this guy. Now Canadian tax payers get to feed and house him until his last breath.

I'd like to see him beat and tortured until he fessed up every last detail. Sparing the family the actual details they are at least owed an admission by this scumbag.
I do not understand why you think anyone is owed an admission. The case is over and there is a finding of guilty as charged Do you think there is any doubt that would be cleared up by an admission or the crown's case was lacking and a doubt has remained because there wasn't an admission? Do you think anyone wants this case opened to hear a sobbed out confession?

So are you one that would favor sharia law in certain cases?
Old 03-08-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7mag View Post
The thing that I don't get is why the cowardly injustice system doesn't handle the sentence properly the first time around?
We rely on criminals serving their dept to society to hand out proper justice. Then we are all happy about it. I really could care less if they beat him every other day but it shouldn't have to be prison justice, we should have the death penalty in these cases and be done with the sorry SOB. Next he will be suing for lack of protection.
Agree 100%.

These monsters know the so called justice system will protect them but they also know whats waiting for them in the big house. At least that fear is some kind of payback, always wondering when it's coming and how bad it will be.

We really don't know the situation, Garland could be instigating the beatings hoping it gets him either in solitary or dead. Either way, I could care less. He is walking around always looking over his shoulder, at least that's something.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
The thing that I don't get is why the cowardly injustice system doesn't handle the sentence properly the first time around?
We rely on criminals serving their dept to society to hand out proper justice. Then we are all happy about it. I really could care less if they beat him every other day but it shouldn't have to be prison justice, we should have the death penalty in these cases and be done with the sorry SOB. Next he will be suing for lack of protection.
IIRC the last time there was a vote on the death penalty MPs were released to vote as they wished and not required to follow party lines. I do not know what it would take to get this to another vote, and even if it could be done. Individual Canadians should be counted.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:16 AM

If it was put to a national referendum, it's guaranteed that Garland would be executed. We all know that.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
IIRC the last time there was a vote on the death penalty MPs were released to vote as they wished and not required to follow party lines. I do not know what it would take to get this to another vote, and even if it could be done. Individual Canadians should be counted.
The only way the death penalty would ever come to a vote again is when a politician figures out a way to tax a hanging. Rope tax? Softwood lumber scaffolding tax? Hood Tax? Trash disposal tax.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-08-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I think it is safe to assume that our justice system does not do what we wish it would do, I do not think it is fair to call any part of this system cowardly.

The Judge, the jury, the crown, the defense, the police, the witnesses and the reporters and all else that were involved in the case endured facing pure evil for days on end. There is nothing cowardly about these people.

That said, I think that those who beat the prisoner in custody and those who allowed it to happen are cowards.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I think it is safe to assume that our justice system does not do what we wish it would do, I do not think it is fair to call any part of this system cowardly.

The Judge, the jury, the crown, the defense, the police, the witnesses and the reporters and all else that were involved in the case endured facing pure evil for days on end. There is nothing cowardly about these people.

That said, I think that those who beat the prisoner in custody and those who allowed it to happen are cowards.
even criminals in the justice system, know kids are off limits, their is some code of sort I guess..and again this sad excuse for a being needs to be beat everyday...the only cowards are in our justice system.. He should have taken 2 in the head when he was swinging the machete at police, and saved a lot of us taxpayers money..

Last edited by bubba 96; 03-08-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
The only way the death penalty would ever come to a vote again is when a politician figures out a way to tax a hanging. Rope tax? Softwood lumber scaffolding tax? Hood Tax? Trash disposal tax.

Haha. Good one.
It's true though unfortunately.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:49 PM

I have a hard time with this.

It is not so much that I pity him for being beat after what he did but rather that this demonstrates the lack of control we have over inmates.

Further, we have this ass backwards system that seems to think that locking someone up in a cage for life is somehow more humane than putting them down.

Lastly, our own government ordered enquiries into the Afghan prisoner detainment scandal. The same government/legal system that knowingly incarcerates individuals in Canada knowing that there is a high likelihood that they will be assaulted and/or sexually assaulted in our jails.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Banned

Default Death penalty and save tax payers money

The most evil thing I ever read was of a Russian school teacher who killed and ATE 47 people.His name was Andrei Chikatillo.He was tried and convicted and after the conviction he was taken from the courtroom and he was shot in the head with a single bullet from a Mosin Nagant revolver....cost was about 50 cents.

In open clear cut cases of total guilt it should be a death penalty.Charles Manson comes to mind.....same for Clifford Olsen....and so on and so forth.

Sadly Garland will only get severe beatings during his incarceration when it is able to be administered by other criminals when the chance happens.If it were up to the criminals such as those incarcerated for robbery/assault/rape/drugs/really dumb crimes they would do it every chance they got as killing a 5 year old boy is just plain nasty even according to hardened criminals.The guards would like to see it done but cant let it happen as they are mandated to protect the POS.

We have a legal industry in Canada and not a Justice System.

FTH
Old 03-08-2017, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do not understand why you think anyone is owed an admission. The case is over and there is a finding of guilty as charged Do you think there is any doubt that would be cleared up by an admission or the crown's case was lacking and a doubt has remained because there wasn't an admission? Do you think anyone wants this case opened to hear a sobbed out confession?

So are you one that would favor sharia law in certain cases?
Interpret it anyway you will. He dismembered a 5 year old child. The real question is, and let's just assume some regular white conservative cracker just like us did him in real good in jail, nice and slow, do you believe he deserves anything less than pain and suffering and a gruesome death?

Sure we got the law the criminal code the right way of doing things blah blah blah I get that. But our system is not broken- it has never worked to begin with. Sharia law works wonderfully in cases like this.

Suggesting I support Sharia law may equate to suggest Islamophobia on your behalf. Would I welcome it in this case? Absolutely. Do I generally support it? Hell no. But Islam did get it right when it comes to stuff like this.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post

Suggesting I support Sharia law may equate to suggest Islamophobia on your behalf. Would I welcome it in this case? Absolutely. Do I generally support it? Hell no. But Islam did get it right when it comes to stuff like this.
Did not suggest any such thing? I just asked a question to clarify a statement you made.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:08 AM

If anyone read my post prior to it being removed, I would like to apologize for the language I chose. Let me try this again...

Covey, please answer this honestly. Would your opinion be any different if the tortured, murdered and dismembered victims were your parent or aunt and uncle and that little boy was your son or nephew?
Old 03-09-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
If anyone read my post prior to it being removed, I would like to apologize for the language I chose. Let me try this again...

Covey, please answer this honestly. Would your opinion be any different if the tortured, murdered and dismembered victims were your parent or aunt and uncle and that little boy was your son or nephew?
Sorry that I did not get to see your post.

If that family was my family that was murdered and dismembered I would want to KILL THE MURDERER WITH MY OWN BARE HANDS! No amount of cruel and unusual punishment would be enough.

That said I do not have the right granted by God or by the Laws of my country to kill or punish anyone or to condone anyone breaking the law to get it done.
I believe we can and must be better than what I would want if the family were my family. I also believe it causes us physical or emotional and spiritual harm to wallow in the most gruesome details of revenge.

I hope this satisfies your question because I have no other answer.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:15 PM

When people on here cheer for Garland getting beat we are not supporting lawlessness. What you don't understand is the laws are different in prison,like it or not. Most of us don't want to go to jail so we follow the rules on the outside. Most or all people know that if you commit a violent crime against the weaker members of society( women and children) and go to jail ,life is not going to be good. Garland gave up his rights on the outside now he will pay for his crime on the inside but it will never be enough.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
When people on here cheer for Garland getting beat we are not supporting lawlessness. What you don't understand is the laws are different in prison,like it or not. Most of us don't want to go to jail so we follow the rules on the outside. Most or all people know that if you commit a violent crime against the weaker members of society( women and children) and go to jail ,life is not going to be good. Garland gave up his rights on the outside now he will pay for his crime on the inside but it will never be enough.
Nice first post but I have to agree...