Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-19-2016, 07:02 PM
Banned

Default Donations

I have quite a bit of hunting equipment sitting around unused I was wondering if there's a page on alberta outdoorsmen for youths looking for scopes and such?
Old 01-19-2016, 07:08 PM

I too have some stuff I'd be willing to part with to an upcoming hunter / angler.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:12 PM
Banned

I have a 6-24x40 bushnell elite it is a few years old. Has mill dot reticle if anyone knows a youth that would like it at no cost located in Rocky Mountain house
Old 01-19-2016, 09:03 PM

Would be great to have a donation venue on the AO
Old 01-19-2016, 11:04 PM

We have done stuff like this before, but one has to be a bit careful of just "who" they are helping out!
A vehicle comes to mind when there was quite an investment made by several members to help out a disabled person who turned out to be a scammer of the worst order.
For the most part however, things normally go very well, especially with single parents who are making very little money, etc.
We've done big game rifles, varmint rigs, .22's, shotguns, knives , the list goes on.
It's fun to watch when someone get an idea then the whole place goes crazy and what starts out as a rifle or simple fishing rod turns into a complete outfit!
Cat
Old 01-19-2016, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
We have done stuff like this before, but one has to be a bit careful of just "who" they are helping out!
A vehicle comes to mind when there was quite an investment made by several members to help out a disabled person who turned out to be a scammer of the worst order.
For the most part however, things normally go very well, especially with single parents who are making very little money, etc.
We've done big game rifles, varmint rigs, .22's, shotguns, knives , the list goes on.
It's fun to watch when someone get an idea then the whole place goes crazy and what starts out as a rifle or simple fishing rod turns into a complete outfit!
Cat
Always fun when the youth giveaways happen. But Cat is right, there needs to be caution and transparency involved.
If something comes up, I'd be willing to get involved.

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."
Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat
🔝🔝🔝 This is just whom I too was going to suggest for ideas. These events can be fun if well planned. I say make them do something for it. Write an essay touching on their outdoor adventures, prove a good deed for community or someone in need. Something, anything cool.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
🔝🔝🔝 This is just whom I too was going to suggest for ideas. These events can be fun if well planned. I say make them do something for it. Write an essay touching on their outdoor adventures, prove a good deed for community or someone in need. Something, anything cool.
Yes, because in reality there are scumbags who would tell you there kid would love that, but it would be for them.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:39 PM
Banned

Scope will be mailed to v_1 in the morning for his son 😊
Old 01-21-2016, 07:55 AM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

Items like this are good to be put a side for a PIF thread. Now where is Ken when we need him.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelhooker View Post
Items like this are good to be put a side for a PIF thread. Now where is Ken when we need him.
What Ken was doing was far beyond the call of duty. Very time consuming to keep it all organized. Yet, he received accusations, negativity, complaints, etc. All of which was too much to bare and decided to drop it.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
Scope will be mailed to v_1 in the morning for his son 😊
This guy
Many thanks to Shawn for helping in next step of my son's outdoorsman career
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12712634.jpg (26.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 12712656.jpg (11.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 12712652.jpg (15.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 6811594.jpg (29.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 11124493.jpg (33.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 11371470.jpg (59.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 5971623.jpg (21.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 12712674.jpg (36.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by V_1; 01-21-2016 at 09:59 AM.