Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

the guy who i'm supposed to be bow hunting with backed out because his wife is due at any moment... lame... oh well...

i might shoot some coyotes they're driving my dog nuts!! and i haven't had a good night's sleep in a week. but the competition also doesn't start until the 15th so it would hurt my numbers this year if i clean them out...

i'll probably just play with the new muzzleloader and go to dinner on sunday...
Old 10-07-2010, 11:01 AM

Planning on going Sheep hunting near the head of bighorn, timbercreek area from sunday till saturday and looking for some company if any one else likes hunting sheep in steep cliffs
Old 10-07-2010, 01:02 PM

No moose draw until Nov so we will be casting our lines to hopefully some rocky mt whites in the Athabasca river this weekend.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 PM

Goose, duck, etc hunting saturday with iliketrout and mustard73. Might do some partridge too. Then fish on Sunday, then turkey dinner YUM. Then maybe some partridge again monday.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
You guys SUCK! I hope it rains and snows on you. I hope you all have a crappy weekend hunting, stub a toe and get nine hangnails!
Thanks tree, still way better trhan the alternative...staying at home.
I will be avoiding the outlaws that are invading our place by hitting the high country for a couple days. One of my boys has a cow elk tag and I have to pull some card info off of a couple camera's. Good luck to all and play safe.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM

heading out with the boys hunting for a couple days then turkey dinner with the family
Old 10-07-2010, 02:06 PM

Picking up my grandparents and headed north to mom and dads for some camp fire's, family time, a little ruffie hunting, and maybe some quadding and cut line clearing. And maybe just maybe get a peek at Lukes moose

Matt
Old 10-07-2010, 03:53 PM

I'll probably go hang some treestands and set some cameras now that I'm finally getting the itch for deer hunting. Just found out that there were no cows grazing in the quarter section this year, pretty excited about that.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:56 PM

Angry

WORK
Old 10-07-2010, 04:03 PM

Some ducks and geese for me. My first hunt in a couple years due to school commitments. I haven't been this excited for a hunt in my life (absence makes the heart grow fonder!).

T
Old 10-07-2010, 05:31 PM

Sheep and Elk in 400. Friday, Saturday, Monday. Whoop Whoop.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
You guys SUCK! I hope it rains and snows on you. I hope you all have a crappy weekend hunting, stub a toe and get nine hangnails!
Will be thinking of you while I'm out stumbling around in the bush!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
I've been sitting on a rig for going on 5 weeks. Barring a major disaster I should be outta here in the morning, get home tomorrow night. Got the wife to have Thanksgiving dinner Friday, because on Saturday morning I'm jumping on a horse and heading for the hills. Got sheep, elk, deer and bear tags, and a buddy or maybe two lined up for the trip. Hopefully Thanksgiving day I'm sitting by the fire eating sheep!

Go get em mark, theres a ram waiting for you in there. And if your lucky you will get a big old elk like last year.

I will be sitting here at the rig probably doing a rig move on monday.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Well, everyone the weekend has started for most people. I still have an hour and a half left before I get out of the office and go spotting.
First off good luck to everyone that is headed out looking for something. Secondly everyone be safe out there. If it’s in the wilderness or on the road, I still want to be able to read about your adventures Tuesday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Had hoped to get some bird hunting in...finally!!!, but the lovely **** I work for just sent me 2 more down wells, and said" I sure hope you guys at least can shut down for Monday"...button up your shirt, your hearts gonna fall out!!!
So Hal it’s been a few days since you posted. Did a miracle happen and you are going to be able to get out for some honkers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour86 View Post
i am possibly going on my first hunt ever Saturday. friend offered to take me out looking for a deer so i'm pretty excited. hope it doesn't fall through for whatever reason though. Might be a pretty exciting weekend if i get my first ever big game animal
Color86, good luck on your first ever hunt. Make sure to bring back some pictures and stories to share with us. Even if you don’t get anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett View Post
supposed to be looking for my moose becasue the 31st is coming pretty quick, but nooo, mother said she wants dad and i to be with the rest of the familly for a thanksgivin dinner.. She said no to the idea of having it out at the lake were we hunt!
Good luck everyone
Well at least you tried. I am pretty lucky and not expected to attend. Everyone in my family knows how much my hunting means to me. Start on Mom earlier next year and maybe she will give in and you can have it at the lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeNoah View Post
getting ready for bird hunting next weekend
Where you two headed hunting next weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
I've been sitting on a rig for going on 5 weeks. Barring a major disaster I should be outta here in the morning, get home tomorrow night. Got the wife to have Thanksgiving dinner Friday, because on Saturday morning I'm jumping on a horse and heading for the hills. Got sheep, elk, deer and bear tags, and a buddy or maybe two lined up for the trip. Hopefully Thanksgiving day I'm sitting by the fire eating sheep!
Good luck out there Rocks. I expect to see some amazing pics from the Wilmore like always.

Quote:
Mrs Tree is hosting this year's giant family dinner, and I can't find my gear anywhere! Good luck folks and have a very happy Thanksgiving.
Sucks to be you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Might go partridge hunting on Sunday.... I haven't hunted birds for about 20 years, and I'm looking forward to getting out again.
Well that should be a fun experience again. Let us know how you make out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmoose View Post
Picking up my grandparents and headed north to mom and dads for some camp fire's, family time, a little ruffie hunting, and maybe some quadding and cut line clearing. And maybe just maybe get a peek at Lukes moose
Matt
By the looks of it you will be trying to get a peak at his amazing whitetail too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
I will be sitting here at the rig probably doing a rig move on monday.
So you do work Pat…….

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 10-08-2010, 03:42 PM

In my replying to everyone I forgot to mention my revamped plans…….

I am planning on shooting geese Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning. In between the hunting and spotting I need to do some shooting with the 375 H&H and maybe the 300 WBY. I also have 5 cameras that I didn’t get checked this week. Saturday during the day Dad wants me to help him with his new massive tree stand/fort LOL. Apparently it is 12’ high, 7’ x4’ wide. Oh yeah I forgot Sunday afternoon I am going to be thankful and have some good eats with the family and maybe catch a ball game on TV.

Be safe and good luck to everyone this weekend.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 10-08-2010, 03:51 PM

Default Happy Thanksgiving

I've got 2 hours left to go until I'm on the road to the cabin. Were looking for whitetails, ruffies and hopefully help one of the boy's son's bag his first deer ever. It's been a really long day waiting but it's almost over. Drive safe and shoot straight everyone!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:

Mrs Tree is hosting this year's giant family dinner, and I can't find my gear anywhere!

Good luck folks and have a very happy Thanksgiving.
Tree if you want to get away from the outlaws I will be working all week end and could use some comic relive.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:49 PM

No plans here. I'm getting close to attempting another full day on the mountain soon... later in the week maybe. Rumours have been building that I need to be in ON for a week towards the end of this month. That would put up a serious damper on my sheep hunting joy, which was supposed to peak in the last two weeks, due to earlier ankle failure. This ain't turning into the summer and fall that I had in mind.