Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-18-2016, 11:13 PM

Default Extended Charge Handle Ruger 10/22

Hi all, anyone know of a good source in Canada to get a nice charge handle for a 10/22 rifle ? Was looking for something a little bigger than the factory one.
Thanks in advance !
Old 01-19-2016, 03:29 AM

Galati International sells the Superior Concepts handles and ships to Canada... nicest looking handle out there IMO....

If you haven't already done a trigger job, you could send your trigger group to David at Brimstone for a Tier 1 job, which includes Rimfire Technology parts and request a Rimfire Tech Charging handle be shipped back at the same time... on your dime of course... but then you can match the handle to the trigger shoe.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:55 AM

Dlask sells them also, not really fancy but better then factory. Trigger job mentioned above is a great upgrade, I have done it a couple times now.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:53 AM

Check Millarm in Edmonton! They used to have volquartsen parts when I needed some for my 10/22 a couple years back
Old 01-19-2016, 10:30 PM

sweet I will check them out, I have got some parts from dlask they are currently out of charge handles. I did get a Kidd bolt buffer and cross pins from them. I put a whole timney assembly in a while back, the price hurt but I love the extended mag release and and the aluminum housing and trigger guard. First time fiddling around with one and I can see how it can get addicting building them up ! If I can figure out how to post a pic I will put one up. Want to make it my go to chicken gun. It's got a altamont shnabel stock on it a little leupold 2-7x28 scope topping it off. Lots of Canadian pesos soaked into it so far but what the heck could be worse hobbys !
Old 01-20-2016, 03:59 AM

Get used to dumping money into your projects... and remember the more you put in, the less you get back on resale. I have done over 50 builds and it was a fun way to get my kids and nephew/nieces out shooting.

As for the charging handle, I love Joe's products and service, but his charging handle is butt-ugly... the Superior Concepts is much nicer.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:36 AM

Dlask