Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillG View Post
Not sure if any one else mentioned this but he was breaking the law by having a dog with him. Even though the dog was not at his side then he had it with him. I would not qant to get stopped with a rifle and a dog in his position. Espcially when he should have had an elk tag on him.
When I drew my last pronghorn tag, I e-mailed ESRD and asked them about having my dog along to hunt birds at the same time. The reply was that it wouldn't be an issue as long as the dog remained in the vehicle while I was hunting pronghorn. This was a few years ago, and it might take some looking to find the e-mail, but that was the response.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:23 PM

Don't let that jack knob ruin your thoughts on checking on people. He may have ran out of gas and been half frozen in the ditch for all you know. I try to stop and ask people if they need help whenever I can. And I've helped a lot of people.

One lady had her engine die on her way home from lethbridge a few years ago and she was freezing for a couple of hours waiting for a tow truck. I waited with her for about another hour until he got there so she could keep warm.

I don't know how many people I've helped push their vehicles off the road or out of intersections while everyone else just drove by.

Hell a guy pulled up to me earlier this evening. I was pulled over on the phone. I didn't need help but if I was stranded I'd be pretty happy he pulled over.

Your clown could have easily gave you the thumbs up and you would have been out of there just as quick.

It's like you'd love to shoot rocks all over him when you pull away, but you wouldn't do it. But if you saw a truck drive by and drop a bail of hay on him, you wouldn't feel sorry for him.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
KGB your the better man for driving away, just some cranky guy probably so hyper never even thought about how goofy he was talking.

You get 1000 times the respect for leaving then thumpen some old guy for really nothing, that would not be cool, your the cool one and like you say a guy needs to be thick skinned in this world.

ALLTHE BEST
JD
Thanks JD, your kind words are greatly appreciated!
Old 11-25-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
And yet you run to the rescue yet once again ..... with your own three sentences .
Who am I rescuing?
Old 11-25-2020, 10:49 PM

The world is full of all kind of people... some are good, some are not so much! The ones that are not so good are simply ain’t worth my time. This happened on Tuesday and I have already forgotten about this. All I remember is a great day spent outside, great weather, beautiful quiet woods, great views and the thrill of the hunt. The rest is just minor....
Old 11-25-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
The world is full of all kind of people... some are good, some are not so much! The ones that are not so good are simply ain’t worth my time. This happened on Tuesday and I have already forgotten about this. All I remember is a great day spent outside, great weather, beautiful quiet woods, great views and the thrill of the hunt. The rest is just minor....
Don't be silly. Another good argument still has a ficker
Old 11-26-2020, 06:26 AM

Two years ago while scouting for goose hunting, we pulled into a farm yard to ask permission to hunt a field. One of us got out , knocked on the door and no answer. He got back into the vehicle, we left the yard; and started down the range road. A truck approached from behind at high speed swerving from side to side, so we pulled over. The truck pulled beside us and the driver was ranting and raving, and he told us that he saw us leaving his yard, and if he ever saw us near his property again, he would shoot up our vehicle. Although I was tempted to tell him where to go, he was so deranged ,that I thought it was wiser to try and calm him down. Without raising our voices, we explained that we had stopped at his house and had knocked on the door, and were leaving because nobody answered. We listened to his ranting about trespassing and theft, and we explained how we sympathized with landowners about the situation, and he calmed down, to where he became almost civil. In some situations, it's best not to escalate the situation , because while some people are all mouth, some can actually be dangerous. We talked to the neighbor afterwards, when getting permission from them, and they recommended staying away from his land, because they thought that he was deranged and unpredictable,and it was best not to do anything to provoke him.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Two years ago while scouting for goose hunting, we pulled into a farm yard to ask permission to hunt a field. One of us got out , knocked on the door and no answer. He got back into the vehicle, we left the yard; and started down the range road. A truck approached from behind at high speed swerving from side to side, so we pulled over. The truck pulled beside us and the driver was ranting and raving, and he told us that he saw us leaving his yard, and if he ever saw us near his property again, he would shoot up our vehicle. Although I was tempted to tell him where to go, he was so deranged ,that I thought it was wiser to try and calm him down. Without raising our voices, we explained that we had stopped at his house and had knocked on the door, and were leaving because nobody answered. We listened to his ranting about trespassing and theft, and we explained how we sympathized with landowners about the situation, and he calmed down, to where he became almost civil. In some situations, it's best not to escalate the situation , because while some people are all mouth, some can actually be dangerous. We talked to the neighbor afterwards, when getting permission from them, and they recommended staying away from his land, because they thought that he was deranged and unpredictable,and it was best not to do anything to provoke him.
That was a bizarre encounter. Things could have went sideways in a hurry. Some people are crazy. I pictured Rozsko as being like that guy.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I think your wrong about the dog part.
And I think he is right - the regulations are rather explicit about this.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
And I think he is right - the regulations are rather explicit about this.
He is not being accompanied by his dog. Dog is locked in the truck.
He is out there alone after those elk.
As post 61 affirms this.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
That’s a creeepy... But not as creepy as my story: a few years ago we were hunting youtes North of the city. Found a perfect spot and went to ask for permission... Buddy got out of the truck and went to knock on the door what looked like a derelict trailer home... I couldn’t see who opened the door but the look on my buddy’s face was priceless! When he opened the truck door, I asked him what happened, did we get a permission? He jumped inside and said” Let’s just get a hell out of here “! What’s wrong? He said that the person who opened the door looked like the mutant from the horror movie If hills had eyes” ..... The smell coming from the house was terrible, and the whole picture gave him the goosebumps, lol! He said that they might eat us if we don’t get out quickly...
Old 11-26-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:

This scenario happened to me this year only difference is the upset landowner actually gave us permission to hunt their land in the end.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
That’s a creeepy... But not as creepy as my story: a few years ago we were hunting youtes North of the city. Found a perfect spot and went to ask for permission... Buddy got out of the truck and went to knock on the door what looked like a derelict trailer home... I couldn’t see who opened the door but the look on my buddy’s face was priceless! When he opened the truck door, I asked him what happened, did we get a permission? He jumped inside and said” Let’s just get a hell out of here “! What’s wrong? He said that the person who opened the door looked like the mutant from the horror movie If hills had eyes” ..... The smell coming from the house was terrible, and the whole picture gave him the goosebumps, lol! He said that they might eat us if we don’t get out quickly...

funny.. he may have had you over for dinner. Fava beans and Chianti anyone?
Old 11-26-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Perdaniente View Post
funny.. he may have had you over for dinner. Fava beans and Chianti anyone?
Lol well, that was a fine meal dinner picture. What we had was more like a chainsaw massacre, lol!
Old 11-26-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Perdaniente View Post
This scenario happened to me this year only difference is the upset landowner actually gave us permission to hunt their land in the end.
After I talked him down from shooting up our vehicle, I did ask him. I couldn't help myself. LOL. The answer was still no. This dude was loco.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:28 PM

Years ago i went to work north of lac la biche . Saw moose regularly behind a farm . The local guys i worked with warned me to stay away from him and his property because he was crazy . About a week before the season started i drove into his yard and chatted with him . He came out of his garage loud and angry demanding to know what i was doing there . Long story short after about a 30 minute chat he told me to come and get him if i shot anything and he would come with his front end loader to load me up . Sometimes these crazy people just want to know whats going on and why your in "their " part of the world .

And some are just crazy !
Old 11-26-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Did he mention that his “mummy” (who’s been sitting in a rocking chair for the last 20 yrs) couldn’t get up to answer the door?