Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2020, 08:26 PM

Default Met a jackarstoday

Sorry just a rant... We were heading home with the last legal light today after a good day of Ruffies hunting. Just as we left the area and hit the road- the gravel country road, we saw a truck parked on a shoulder. We could only see the dog inside, so we just kept driving and may be another 150 yards away I saw a guy in a left ditch.... Naturally, I slowed down, rolled down my window and was just about to ask him if he need help.... He then raised the rifle (not pointing at me, just raised it) and told me “Get a hell out of here!” I was like - what is wrong with you man? Didn’t stop, kept going and saw a herd of elks on the other side of the road on a farmers field. So this old grouch was about to shoot the elk from across the road and probably thought that I was after his game. I was really tempted with just hitting the horn... but instead just drove away.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:28 PM
Banned

Old 11-24-2020, 08:29 PM

Prolly a good idea

angry Idiots in ditches wavin a rifle around....

People seriously lose their minds when it comes to elk...
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-24-2020, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Prolly a good idea

Especially when I do that at Jasper Park Lodge
Old 11-24-2020, 08:36 PM

You can’t correct bad behaviour unless you call them out on it. I’d called to cops saying that the threat was made and he gestured it with a firearm and let them sort out his bad attitude. Or backed up out of the away and got a plate #, and still reported it.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:48 PM

I can’t say that he was threatening me, that wouldn’t be true... he was about to shoot across the road, that’s for sure. I was there with a young hunter who asked me to take him out. I didn’t really want to get into the f u match, it wasn’t worth it... he was an old and grumpy and probably didn’t get laid for a long time...
Old 11-24-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Prolly a good idea

People seriously lose their minds when it comes to hunting...
fixed it for you
Old 11-24-2020, 10:34 PM

What an angry old fart. I never understood why some people feel it's perfectly fine to address people, completely unprovoked, with aggressive, ignorant and rude behavior like that.

Just makes me wish someone would just walk up to them, without a word, and punch them right in the mouth.

Might teach these people to think about being such buttholes to people for no reason whatsoever.

I hate mean people.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:25 AM

Definitely would have hit the horn. Long and hard. With arm out the window and middle finger erected.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
What an angry old fart. I never understood why some people feel it's perfectly fine to address people, completely unprovoked, with aggressive, ignorant and rude behavior like that.

Just makes me wish someone would just walk up to them, without a word, and punch them right in the mouth.

Might teach these people to think about being such buttholes to people for no reason whatsoever.

I hate mean people.
And you think that punching someone in the mouth is better behavior? Not that you would ever stoop that low as to sucker punch a loud mouth in order to become "mean people" yourself. Or do you not do such a chickendirt thing to avoid hurting your hand? Or getting seriously mangled for that girly move?
Old 11-25-2020, 05:44 AM

Too much unknown with this guy’s actions maybe he was just using the ditch to get closer before crossing for a clear shot or he could even be a poacher looking to shoot elk without permission on that land. It’s hard to know where he intended to shoot from till he starts lining up or even pulls the trigger

Whether he was right or wrong most hunters get cranky if you interrupt a stalk or shot opportunity. I have been interrupted myself and part of the reasons I don’t like to hunt from roads

Personally I am not going to lay judgment on this guy because he could be anything from a slob poacher to a cranky hunter that had a stalk interrupted unintentionally

Congrats on the ruffies
Old 11-25-2020, 06:14 AM

I see both sides. Its good of you to stop and see if someone needs assistance, but I kinda get the hunters frustration. I have been watching a flock of geese from a ditch to get an idea of the direction they are feeding for a decoy setup, and had people stop and ask if I needed help. While I know their intentions were good, it sure does suck when someone of fouling your hunt.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:26 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Prolly a good idea

Or are just fed up......go away ya turd luvin vid dripping....sob

Serenity now

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-25-2020, 06:28 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

I hate mean people.
Hmmmmm....the mirror tells no lie's....a punch in the head is nice...man hate to see your household on a bad day

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-25-2020, 07:01 AM

I certainly don't condone it - roads are public and KGB had no idea what was happening - but I can understand his frustration. Big game hunt gone awry. Guy may have worked his tail off all season to get a crack at one. You just never know.

Startling answer for sure.

Should have offered him salo

You did the right thing though, KGB.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:24 AM

Takes bigger man to walk away than up and slugging someone in the yap. It dont change them one bit . Oh they might quit yapping at the slugger but they still will yap at everyone else as usual.
Used to deliver to a produce warehouse. The receiver there was a mouthy jerk. He was well known for it. He'd been slugged more than once over the years. It never stopped him till the day he dropped dead on the loading dock.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:29 AM

People behave the way they do because they’ve got away with it before without a slap on the wrist.

Saying to a stranger “ Get a hell out of here!” is simply childish.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:50 AM

I actually believe that a good beating serves many purposes. In fact, when the principal has turned a blind eye, I have told students being bullied exactly what to do, right down to where to throw their first punch (no one likes to fight after getting hit in the beak).

Many of the best lessons in life are learned on the playground, and I guess in bars too

But us old dudes are best served keeping our hands in our pockets or on the steering wheel as we drive away. LOL.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:

I hate mean people.
Someone?, if you think that it is such a good idea, why not do it yourself?
Old 11-25-2020, 08:04 AM

Hunting season brings out the best, and worse in a lot of people.

This season alone I witnessed a guy drive into the approach right next to the landowners house(where about 15 deer were feeding) right off a primary highway too. Fine you can look all you want, but when he tried creeping into the field, that’s when I boxed him in and confronted him. First words out of his mouth was “why don’t you mind you’re own F’ing business!” I politely explained it sort of is my F’ing business when I’ve got a friend hunting over there(pointing to the diagonal corner) and we don’t know if you’re going to start throwing lead in god knows what direction. The sad part is he had a youth in the truck with him. What an awesome way of mentoring somebody!
Plate number taken and supplied to the landowner along with the drivers and passengers description. 2 days later when BSing with the landowners neighbour(road side chat) The truck description and drivers description had been fanned out to the neighbourhood.

Good luck going forward jack-wad!

There are no absolutes
Old 11-25-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:

I hate mean people.
Now that is a statement over-saturated with irony!
Old 11-25-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Hunting season brings out the best, and worse in a lot of people.

This season alone I witnessed a guy drive into the approach right next to the landowners house(where about 15 deer were feeding) right off a primary highway too. Fine you can look all you want, but when he tried creeping into the field, that’s when I boxed him in and confronted him. First words out of his mouth was “why don’t you mind you’re own F’ing business!” I politely explained it sort of is my F’ing business when I’ve got a friend hunting over there(pointing to the diagonal corner) and we don’t know if you’re going to start throwing lead in god knows what direction. The sad part is he had a youth in the truck with him. What an awesome way of mentoring somebody!
Plate number taken and supplied to the landowner along with the drivers and passengers description. 2 days later when BSing with the landowners neighbour(road side chat) The truck description and drivers description had been fanned out to the neighbourhood.

Good luck going forward jack-wad!
We ran into trespassing issues again yesterday. The idiots were leaving the property 15 minutes before legal time, when my hunting partner was driving up. When they saw him coming towards them, they raced to the approach, cut off a vehicle coming down the road, and took off at high speed.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:47 AM

Let's be transparent - I am smart enough in my old age (49 now) not to put myself into a situation where I'm jumping out of my truck and punching someone - that really doesn't do much more than provide a few minutes of satisfaction and could lead all sorts of other problems - so, as I age, and wisdom slowly seeps into my thick skull - this is where I'm at today.

It's not worth it really - but it doesn't change the way I feel for one minute.

But if I witnessed someone doing that to that guy, for those same reasons?

I would also do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except say "good for you got exactly what you were looking for".

Maybe the rest of you, who directed your comments to me, would allow yourself to get intimidated, bullied or spoken to like that. I bet when this same individual is the same guy that yells at your wife or daughter at the grocery store parking lot, because he is a rude, aggressive, bully.

Well congratulations for you.

I absolutely stand behind my words without hesitation. People like that deserve exactly what they get and if someone punched him right in the face - I would have no hesitation is feeling justice has been served.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:07 AM

I myself ran into 2 trespassers on my land yesterday and got mouthed off at when I stopped them to see who they were. I was ready to stroke the driver myself. Don’t know why guys caught in the wrong have to lie so much. Plate was so packed with snow I couldn’t get a number but I know who they are. I’ve got a couple locals watching for them for me now too.

I know I’m real cranky the second I come up to the door but I have every right to be once you’ve put up with this for years.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:11 AM

So a fellow is minding his own business and someone else decides to butt into his business and then gets asked to go away.
Sure seems like a good reason for a fist fight to me.
Was the fellow signaling for help or something?
Nobody likes someone who insists on trying to screw with our time and enjoyment.
Does the original poster stop and talk to everyone he sees?
Maybe minding ones own business would have been the best thing in this situation.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:14 AM
Banned

Just curious whether you pronounce it ee-zedem or easy m. Been wanting to ask you for a while and this seems like a good time to get it straight. While we're at it, do you realize you sound like you are full of prunes?

Free
Old 11-25-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Someone?, if you think that it is such a good idea, why not do it yourself?

Way to take things literally. Someone as in, Anyone, who happens to be in front of a moron like this at the time, which EZM was not.

The only reason jackhandles like the one described by the OP exhibit this type of behavior is because there have been no repercussions for similar actions in the past.

Interesting to think you're the kind of guy thats ok with people acting out in any way they please around you, and that you're fine with passively continuing on with your day. You don't come across that way in most of your postings.

Have you ever said or thought along the lines of, maybe if that kid had more discipline at an early age he might not be like he is now?" Bet you have. Same deal here.

Last edited by 270person; 11-25-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Way to take things literally. Someone as in, Anyone, who happens to be in front of a moron like this at the time, which EZM was not.

The only reason jackhandles like the one described by the OP exhibit this type of behavior is because there have been no repercussions for similar actions in the past.

Interesting to think you're the kind of guy thats ok with people acting out in any way they please around you, and that you're fine with passively continuing on with your day. You don't come across that way in most of your postings.

Have you ever said or thought along the lines of, maybe if that kid had more discipline at an early age he might not be like he is now?" Bet you have. Same deal here.
You are missing my point entirely, if I really believe that intervening in a situation is appropriate, then I don't stand around waiting for someone else to intervene.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Let's be transparent - I am smart enough in my old age (49 now) not to put myself into a situation where I'm jumping out of my truck and punching someone - that really doesn't do much more than provide a few minutes of satisfaction and could lead all sorts of other problems - so, as I age, and wisdom slowly seeps into my thick skull - this is where I'm at today.

It's not worth it really - but it doesn't change the way I feel for one minute.

But if I witnessed someone doing that to that guy, for those same reasons?

I would also do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except say "good for you got exactly what you were looking for".

Maybe the rest of you, who directed your comments to me, would allow yourself to get intimidated, bullied or spoken to like that. I bet when this same individual is the same guy that yells at your wife or daughter at the grocery store parking lot, because he is a rude, aggressive, bully.

Well congratulations for you.

I absolutely stand behind my words without hesitation. People like that deserve exactly what they get and if someone punched him right in the face - I would have no hesitation is feeling justice has been served.
And my point is, that if it wouldn't be appropriate for you to intervene, why would it be appropriate for someone else to intervene?
Old 11-25-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
You are missing my point entirely, if I really believe that intervening in a situation is appropriate, then I don't stand around waiting for someone else to intervene.
Elk, there is no need at all to hyper analyze a post that EZM likely typed between a swig of coffee and a conversation with one of his many employees.

That is where the lion's share of the gong show threads come from, hyper analyzing three sentences.

That old guy may not have been such a dick if he had gotten the sht pounded out of him a few times for beaking off to the wrong guy.