Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-26-2020, 07:16 PM

My fav lake to fish growing up.

Huge trout! I mean huge!!

Shemeluk lake was great back then as well.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-27-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
You don't think people can read a stocking report or pick up on the ACA Facebook feed?

This is a well known, stocked lake close to a couple million people not an unamed perch lake north of LacLaBiche.
I think most of the people I am referring to are also the ones that are too lazy to look up those reports. They just want to quick give me a location to fish close to home so I can take my entire family out, keep their limits and move to the next lake types.

I'm saying the more we talk about it the more pressure there will be. Lets face it, most of the members are here because they were googling something, this was the first site they found and they decided to stay. Currently this forum has 74,747 members but how many even have a post count? The guests can also read without even signing up so who knows how many people can read this thread, find an easy location and fish it dry.

We've seen it many times, someone posts a picture of a nice fish out of a local lake and next weekend the fishing pressure out there has tripled. Happened at Chickacoo, Legends, Devon Bridge, Wab. ext.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 11-27-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I think most of the people I am referring to are also the ones that are too lazy to look up those reports. They just want to quick give me a location to fish close to home so I can take my entire family out, keep their limits and move to the next lake types.

I'm saying the more we talk about it the more pressure there will be. Lets face it, most of the members are here because they were googling something, this was the first site they found and they decided to stay. Currently this forum has 74,747 members but how many even have a post count? The guests can also read without even signing up so who knows how many people can read this thread, find an easy location and fish it dry.

We've seen it many times, someone posts a picture of a nice fish out of a local lake and next weekend the fishing pressure out there has tripled. Happened at Chickacoo, Legends, Devon Bridge, Wab. ext.
How do you feel about ice thickness threads?
People sitting around waiting for good ice and someone posts 4” good ice at so and so lake/pond. Fishing was great.
Next few days it’s getting hammered. Lol
Over the next week or two, people’s other lakes are having good ice now and people are starting to disperse to their favourite lakes.
But the damage is done.
Oh well. Just put and take stocking lakes..... that’s what they are there for I guess.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:

Agree but this isn't going to stop. In the age of social media and "picture me here", "look at me doing this..." ... there is no chance of stopping this. One of the lower impactful places for posting a pic is on here on AO. The amount that is happening on Trashbook and InstaHero is unparalleled. It just is, what is now.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:

I'm saying the more we talk about it the more pressure there will be. We've seen it many times, someone posts a picture of a nice fish out of a local lake and next weekend the fishing pressure out there has tripled. Happened at Chickacoo, Legends, Devon Bridge, Wab. ext.

Should change the name to Troutville, sounds better than Hasse, and no one know were it is, may have to check it out.

D.

Old 11-27-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Should change the name to Troutville, sounds better than Hasse, and no one know were it is, may have to check it out.

D.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:06 AM

Already fished out from news on the tin can and string fish app.

(Or in the words of another forum member safetyD)

It's dead.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipco View Post

It's dead.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipco View Post

It's dead.
Nope. Here now.