Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I hadn't heard any details on what happened....is there an update or link for this? It would certainly add context to how he was a peaceful guy turning his life around....
From the last bit of the article linked above:

"ASIRT said Neyando had attempted to break into a Gold Bar residence prior to the altercation.

An ASIRT news release at the time said police set up a perimeter around the apartment after the attempted break-in. A short time later, the suspect emerged from the home with two knives.

Police confronted the man, and attempted to subdue him with an ARWEN — a launcher that fires a “less lethal” plastic projectile, ASIRT said.

Two police officers then fired their pistols at the man, striking him with “several” rounds. Police administered first aid until EMS arrived but he died at the scene."
Old 09-21-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
From the last bit of the article linked above:

"ASIRT said Neyando had attempted to break into a Gold Bar residence prior to the altercation.

An ASIRT news release at the time said police set up a perimeter around the apartment after the attempted break-in. A short time later, the suspect emerged from the home with two knives.

Police confronted the man, and attempted to subdue him with an ARWEN — a launcher that fires a “less lethal” plastic projectile, ASIRT said.

Two police officers then fired their pistols at the man, striking him with “several” rounds. Police administered first aid until EMS arrived but he died at the scene."
Ok, but that was an altercation that happened a year and a half ago, not the current situation. The latest upstanding citizen they shot, there are no details out yet that I have seen.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-21-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Ok, but that was an altercation that happened a year and a half ago, not the current situation. The latest upstanding citizen they shot, there are no details out yet that I have seen.
I stand corrected. I somehow missed that the article was referring to the last time someone was killed by EPS.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:43 AM

It's all good. When we do find out what happened in the latest incident, I'm sure it won't come out that police shot him for helping a senior carry her groceries in.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-21-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
It's all good. When we do find out what happened in the latest incident, I'm sure it won't come out that police shot him for helping a senior carry her groceries in.....
I'm sure you will be found to be correct....
Old 09-21-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Honest question. How is it that a repeat violent offender, with a long history, who gets dead in an altercation with police, suddenly becomes 'the most peaceful person, turning his life around'? I'm always mystified how these lovely former violent offenders are so misunderstood by law enforcement....

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-b69a576db94b/
Lol, this was what went through my head when Jack Layton died. Not that he was a criminal, but he was a moron and got the butt end of a fair bit of media attention. The minuet he got cancer everyone was trying to dredge up something notable he'd accomplished and paint his death as a massive loss to all Canadians.

Same thing when any celebrity dies... "He may have been a drug addict, womaniser, violent offender, and of only mediocre talent... but he was ABOUT to change and all of humanity has suffered a debilitating loss as a result of this death."

Last edited by Bushleague; 09-21-2020 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:26 PM
Banned

Default intresting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57charlie View Post
Omnes enim, qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt
correct me if I am wrong but the meaning ^^^^"Return your sword to its place, for all who will take up the sword, will die by the sword."
Old 09-21-2020, 01:58 PM

Same guy?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...says-1.5732736

From article above:

"The man was the subject of three Criminal Code court-ordered lifetime prohibitions from the possession of firearms and/or ammunition."

Ughh.....
Old 09-21-2020, 02:08 PM

Probably will be reading about this fellow at some point too.

https://rdnewsnow.com/2020/09/21/att...fgDm0iIGO96-Vc
Old 09-21-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
Same guy?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...says-1.5732736

From article above:

"The man was the subject of three Criminal Code court-ordered lifetime prohibitions from the possession of firearms and/or ammunition."

Ughh.....
Sure seems like it, even though they don't name him. Right time and place, and I haven't heard of police shooting any other peaceful guy turning his life around. You have to wonder what a peaceful guy is doing with a loaded shotgun that he has 3 lifetime prohibitions on.....maybe he was grouse hunting?

Old 09-21-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Probably will be reading about this fellow at some point too.

https://rdnewsnow.com/2020/09/21/att...fgDm0iIGO96-Vc

Oh, that is just too wonderful.....thanks, activist judge, and slick defense lawyer, for making the public much safer with this guy out. Really.

Defense lawyer Maurice Collard said in the past five years that he has been Strawberry’s lawyer they have succeeded in beating about 60 of his charges – many of which have been very serious.

“What that tells me is that when someone who is marginalized and Indigenous like Mr. Strawberry is put up against all of the resources of the police and the government, that they can still have success in the justice system,” Collard said. “That means the justice system is working for everybody, not just a few privileged people. I think that’s something that should be celebrated by everybody.”

Oh, you bet I'm celebrating that it isn't just the Justin Trudeau's and Bill Morneau's of this country that can't be held to account. Having a violent criminal out and about because his lawyer can beat the charges is completely inspiring and worth cheering about. Yipee.

Yep, it's because of colonialism, the guy deserves a break. And it was only 60 different charges in the last five years. That is the definition of a model citizen right there....

In sentencing, Justice Monica Bast acknowledged both Strawberry’s lengthy criminal record and struggles as a youth, growing up largely in foster care and dealing with substance abuse, the effects of residential schools on his family, and other challenges brought on by colonialism.

I'm sure you are right AB, we will be hearing more about this peaceful guy turning his life around as well. Hopefully, it involves him having a disagreement with his defense attorney and using the machete on him, and not some other person.

Old 09-21-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Oh, that is just too wonderful.....thanks, activist judge, and slick defense lawyer, for making the public much safer with this guy out. Really.

Defense lawyer Maurice Collard said in the past five years that he has been Strawberry’s lawyer they have succeeded in beating about 60 of his charges – many of which have been very serious.

“What that tells me is that when someone who is marginalized and Indigenous like Mr. Strawberry is put up against all of the resources of the police and the government, that they can still have success in the justice system,” Collard said. “That means the justice system is working for everybody, not just a few privileged people. I think that’s something that should be celebrated by everybody.”

I would say that this means that the justice system (legal industry) is failing the vast majority of law abiding citizens. I for one will not be celebrating.

At the very least I'm happy this guy is still behind bars for another small insignificant legal issue... second degree murder...

It is way past time to get tough on these repeat offenders. They aren't getting the message....

Here we go again:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...lake-1.5732961
Old 09-21-2020, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
What information or facts do any of you have about the altercation that justified gunfire ?
Here you go... three separate lifetime prohibitions for having firearms/ammo.... and darned hi he wasn’t wandering the neighborhood with a firearm.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7348732/e...sirt-montrose/
Of course I’m sure he was just trying to turn it in so he could turn his life around.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:18 PM

For sure, he was on his way to turn in his loaded firearm. It's part of the process of turning a life around, I think stop 3, right after forgiving yourself.....

Old 09-21-2020, 11:55 PM

Thank the MSM for that, I quit watching the "news" and I don't miss their agenda drivin make belief stories they pedal.

Same reason I quit watching any pro sports league that supports BLM, they too are peddling a false narrative I will have no part of nor will I support them in any way shape or form. And I'm happy to do it.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Oh, you bet I'm celebrating that it isn't just the Justin Trudeau's and Bill Morneau's of this country that can't be held to account. Having a violent criminal out and about because his lawyer can beat the charges is completely inspiring and worth cheering about. Yipee.

Yep, it's because of colonialism, the guy deserves a break. And it was only 60 different charges in the last five years. That is the definition of a model citizen right there....

In sentencing, Justice Monica Bast acknowledged both Strawberry’s lengthy criminal record and struggles as a youth, growing up largely in foster care and dealing with substance abuse, the effects of residential schools on his family, and other challenges brought on by colonialism.

I'm sure you are right AB, we will be hearing more about this peaceful guy turning his life around as well. Hopefully, it involves him having a disagreement with his defense attorney and using the machete on him, and not some other person.
Interesting.... this just in....

🇨🇦 Published Oct 08, 2020 🇨🇦
=========================
Shortly after 7 p.m., Red Deer RCMP responded to an unknown situation involving a possible firearm at a downtown residential building along 55 Street.
Red Deer RCMP contained the scene and upon further investigation, determined that the individual inside the residence was wanted on an outstanding warrant. Due to information that the suspect was armed with a weapon, Red Deer RCMP requested the assistance of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the Police Dog Service (PDS).
Upon their arrival, ERT served a warrant, and shortly thereafter took one male and one female into custody without incident.
Quentin Strawberry, 39, of O’Chiese First Nation, and Jennifer Caswell, 38, of Red Deer, were arrested for breaching no-contact conditions.
Strawberry is charged with failure to comply and is scheduled to appear in Red Deer Provincial Court on Oct. 9.
Caswell is charged with breach of probation and is scheduled to appear in Red Deer Provincial Court on Nov. 10.
Red Deer RCMP
File no. 2020-1477427
Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Alberta
RCMP Police Dog Service Training Centre, Depot Division
#reddeer #crime
Old 10-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Banned

The left does not only lie about the dead, they lie about the living too. The lie as much as needed to twist events into their ideology.

Anyone the police kills was a saint -- we need to defund the police.

Any poc the police kills is due to racism -- we need equality of outcome by race.

Excepting, anyone who dares to criticize us (dead or alive) -- they are racist Nazis and deserve to die.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:08 PM

Should we say nice things about this guy? He may have helped prolong and spread the virus, thus harming lives, businesses and their economy.

Quote:
Influencer Dmitriy Stuzhuk Dead Of Coronavirus After Telling Followers It Wasn't Real

“ Earlier this week, Dmitriy updated his one million followers on his health in an Instagram post.

"CORONAVIRUS "COVID", DAY 8," he began his caption in Russian, which has also been translated to English. "As you all know from stories, I am sick with coronavirus. Today, after returning home, for the first time there was an enthusiasm for at least writing something. I want to share how I got sick and convincingly warn everyone: I also thought that there was no covid... Until I got sick."

https://www.eonline.com/news/1199447...edium=articles
Bolding is mine
Old 10-22-2020, 09:22 PM

Poor guy must have just been misunderstood 🙄 liberals will probably turn this guy into a martyr too.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Honest question. How is it that a repeat violent offender, with a long history, who gets dead in an altercation with police, suddenly becomes 'the most peaceful person, turning his life around'? I'm always mystified how these lovely former violent offenders are so misunderstood by law enforcement....

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-b69a576db94b/
I thought I was the only one who thought that..... someone dies and they become such a good person....what!? They were an *****h@le 29 minutes ago!
Old 10-23-2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumoulin View Post
I thought I was the only one who thought that..... someone dies and they become such a good person....what!? They were an *****h@le 29 minutes ago!
Anthony Bourdain

Committed suicide. That is sad. However didn't he say he once hot totally blitzed on booze or drugs and then actually got in a car and drove it around some Caribbean island? No apology to those he put at risk? That’s a supreme *****h@le in my books*.

I was ALL ABOUT HIM:
Quote:

My Knees, Anthony Bourdain and Depression - San Antonio Review
Search domain sa-review.com/2019/essays/richfurman/1131/https://sa-review.com/2019/essays/richfurman/1131/

He described a trip to the Caribbean in which he frequently drove around the island drunk while frequently considering driving off a cliff in order end his sadness and pain. He felt despair over perceived failures, which included two divorces for which he usually blamed himself

https://sa-review.com/2019/essays/richfurman/1131/

*Like the former BC premier (still alive) that apologized to the people of BC for his drink driving in Hawaii. What?!? What about the people of Hawaii who’s lives were at risk? If you apologize to protect your paycheque but not to those who you put at risk then in my mind you are just another narcissistic self-serving *****h@le in my mind. Hopefully he has since apologized to Hawaiians.

Quote:
British Columbia Premier Apologizes For Drunk Driving Charge in Hawaii
January 10, 2002
VICTORIA (CP) - B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell apologized Friday to his family, friends and "the people of British Columbia" after he was charged with drunk driving in Hawaii

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/820662/posts

Last edited by KinAlberta; 10-23-2020 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:49 PM

When a reporter tries to interview a composed, responsible person about a dead criminal, they get “no comment” for a response. When a reporter asks a hysterical miscreant, they get a response worth quoting.

Gerry Burnie
Old 10-23-2020, 08:08 PM

I guess that’s the power of guilt ... or call it pear pressure. Not wanting to call a spade a spade.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Interesting.... this just in....

🇨🇦 Published Oct 08, 2020 🇨🇦
=========================
Shortly after 7 p.m., Red Deer RCMP responded to an unknown situation involving a possible firearm at a downtown residential building along 55 Street.
Red Deer RCMP contained the scene and upon further investigation, determined that the individual inside the residence was wanted on an outstanding warrant. Due to information that the suspect was armed with a weapon, Red Deer RCMP requested the assistance of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the Police Dog Service (PDS).
Upon their arrival, ERT served a warrant, and shortly thereafter took one male and one female into custody without incident.
Quentin Strawberry, 39, of O’Chiese First Nation, and Jennifer Caswell, 38, of Red Deer, were arrested for breaching no-contact conditions.
Strawberry is charged with failure to comply and is scheduled to appear in Red Deer Provincial Court on Oct. 9.
Caswell is charged with breach of probation and is scheduled to appear in Red Deer Provincial Court on Nov. 10.
Red Deer RCMP
File no. 2020-1477427
Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Alberta
RCMP Police Dog Service Training Centre, Depot Division
#reddeer #crime
And guess whose back at it AGAIN!!

https://www.canadapolicereport.ca/20...urder-charges/

Red Deer, Alberta – On Nov. 8, Red Deer RCMP received a complaint of an individual with outstanding warrants allegedly threatening individuals in a residence.

Members of the Red Deer RCMP responded to the Riverside Meadows neighbourhood and took Quentin Strawberry, 39, of O’Chiese First Nation, into custody without incident. Strawberry faces a total of 13 new charges in relation to the events on Nov. 8, which include several gun-related charges, uttering threats and failing to appear.

Strawberry is currently remanded, and is scheduled to appear in Red Deer Provincial Court on April 4, 2021. Strawberry is also scheduled to appear Mar. 8, 2021 at Court of Queen’s Bench on murder charges. A bail review for this charge is scheduled for Nov. 25, 2020.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:27 PM

How is that even possible AB?? They have *laws* against that type of behaviour!!

Old 11-19-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
How is that even possible AB?? They have *laws* against that type of behaviour!!
What I don't understand is how many resources are being used for ONE guy? I have no idea how much effort it is to lay a single charge let alone dozens. Then the court appearances, the legal wrangling pre-trial, etc. etc.

Meanwhile, the police know exactly what this guy is going to do yet he doesn't stay locked up. Carry that forward, the cops know who the most prolific offenders are but just keep the revolving door going and the bad guys get more and more brazen. Not the fault of law enforcement. It's the judges that don't do anything.

So frustrating!
Old 11-27-2020, 11:07 PM

the police have every right to defend themself in an actual threatening encounter. but when i saw a drunk driver getting tased repeatedly for so called resisting, .... well . they are not there to dish out punishment. thats not their job .
Old 11-28-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy50 View Post
the police have every right to defend themself in an actual threatening encounter. but when i saw a drunk driver getting tased repeatedly for so called resisting, .... well . they are not there to dish out punishment. thats not their job .
Might have been out of frustration. Say the fifth or sixth time the cop had arrested the same guy for drunk driving?
Old 11-28-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
Camped with my 7 year old grandson this weekend. Talking around the campfire he says
“you know you’re going to die?”
“Huh?”
“The world is changing and all the old people are dying so I you will too.”
“Okay, thanks for the warning!”
LOL, you gotta love kids...mine asked if he will get all my guns when I die.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy50 View Post
All depends. The police are not there to babysit all day or night until the driver decides he will comply with a breath test demand or ordered to get into the backseat of a police car. As far as I'm concerned if someone doesn't comply with a request within a minute they should be manhandled one way or another into compliance. If it comes down to tazing or shooting them so be it. Is an officer supposed to politely beg someone for hours to comply, meanwhile the calls on their radio keep adding up one after another. Is he supposed to sit there with a drunk, when he has other calls to a domestic where some guy is beating the **** out of his spouse, or a stabbing, or armed robbery? No you get that ******** in the car right now one way or another and get on to the next call.