Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-27-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Anyone with an excuse for not helping someone in that situation is just a cop out for being a coward.
x10
Old 11-27-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
so who should enforce the no minors rule at bars and strip clubs?
aglcc.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:53 PM

A swift kick to the head would end that!
Old 11-27-2020, 05:03 PM

X 100 unreal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Anyone with an excuse for not helping someone in that situation is just a cop out for being a coward.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrass View Post
A swift kick to the head would end that!
Would have happened if I’d been there.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Wrong. The store has an obligation to protect the other customers in the store.
If the customer doesn't want to wear a mask...shop elsewhere.
We have 'walked' a number of people out or our shop...if they can't understand we are trying to protect our staff and customers they aren't worth having as customer.
I have a couple of good customers who don't want to wear a mask...they phone ahead and we take the items out to them into the parking lot.
It ain't rocket science.
Agree!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:14 PM

Yup me too! Waste of skin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmanbob View Post
Would have happened if I’d been there.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:22 PM

Wow, and nobody would help out, what a bunch of rainbow fairy losers!
Old 11-27-2020, 05:28 PM

he deserves to spend the rest of his adult life behind bars !
Old 11-27-2020, 05:41 PM

Note the irony. Anti-maskers are saying that they are loosing their rights, yadda, yadda, yadda... Yet guys like this don't even get locked up? Seems that something very different is happening.

The reality is that they are either mentally ill or more likely just spoiled, entitled twerps that think that not only they don't need to step up when asked to, they can even undermine things for everyone else.

Quote:
Walmart employee in Dawson Creek, B.C., attacked after asking man to wear mask | Globalnews.ca

“The man was released on a promise to appear in court at a later date.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/7485947/d...-mask-assault/

Last edited by KinAlberta; 11-27-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:51 PM

“The man was released on a promise to appear in court at a later date.”
should read! if he makes it that long!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Wrong. The store has an obligation to protect the other customers in the store.
If the customer doesn't want to wear a mask...shop elsewhere.
We have 'walked' a number of people out or our shop...if they can't understand we are trying to protect our staff and customers they aren't worth having as customer.
I have a couple of good customers who don't want to wear a mask...they phone ahead and we take the items out to them into the parking lot.
It ain't rocket science.
I do the same thing, like the banks. I don't care about your fake exception (nearly everyone I have met who is "exempt" is also outspoken anti mask, so you do the math). If you cannot wear a mask in my store, in I'll help you in the parking lot, if you just won't wear a mask, I probably don't want you as a customer as you are likely a pain in my arse on some other level anyway.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:22 PM

A swift kick to the gonads by any farmer/rancher would have ended this quickly. I have no use for someone who'd attack an autistic. Let's wait an see if there are any good folks in Dawson that have a talk with him sufficient to make him appear in court in casts!!
Old 11-27-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
A swift kick to the gonads by any farmer/rancher would have ended this quickly. I have no use for someone who'd attack an autistic. Let's wait an see if there are any good folks in Dawson that have a talk with him sufficient to make him appear in court in casts!!
Society has changed, anyone that decides to educate the attacker, will likely be treated much more harshly than he will be by the courts.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Society has changed, anyone that decides to educate the attacker, will likely be treated much more harshly than he will be by the courts.
If they aren’t smart about it......ya.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:50 PM

I posted about this in the COVID super thread yesterday. Since then, I learned more about the greeter from family who live in Dawson Creek. Apparently he's worked there for 8 years as a greeter and he has a developmental disability. Family member said he's a very sweet man and is well known to shoppers. The fact that some people are not reacting maturely to the mask mandate in BC, management should have better protected this man and not have had him enforcing the policy.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Stores should not be asking people to wear masks

Thats an enforcement job. Cops. Peace officers. Not some door guy at walmart

If walmart wants enforcement, they should call cops for attendance and enforcement. And when the cops dont show, you will soon understand that the enforcement part of these "mandatory" rules is really just BS......
I know the RCMP around here are taking it very seriously. Someone called 911 on me when I was standing at the bus terminal on Tuesday without a mask. All was good on my end but its sad that humans are that afraid of each other....

There are also numerous reports of the Costco staff going hands on enforcing the mask policy on those that are exempt.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 11-27-2020, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
I posted about this in the COVID super thread yesterday. Since then, I learned more about the greeter from family who live in Dawson Creek. Apparently he's worked there for 8 years as a greeter and he has a developmental disability. Family member said he's a very sweet man and is well known to shoppers. The fact that some people are not reacting maturely to the mask mandate in BC, management should have better protected this man and not have had him enforcing the policy.
I hope there is a special place in HELL for that abuser that assaulted this person
Old 11-27-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Stores should not be asking people to wear masks

Thats an enforcement job. Cops. Peace officers. Not some door guy at walmart

If walmart wants enforcement, they should call cops for attendance and enforcement. And when the cops dont show, you will soon understand that the enforcement part of these "mandatory" rules is really just BS......
100% agree
Old 11-27-2020, 07:58 PM

The aggressor ! Sorry he has no brain! He needs his light taken out! He does not care about anyone else! I hope he get what he deserves!!!!!!! In and out of court!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Old 11-27-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
I do the same thing, like the banks. I don't care about your fake exception (nearly everyone I have met who is "exempt" is also outspoken anti mask, so you do the math). If you cannot wear a mask in my store, in I'll help you in the parking lot, if you just won't wear a mask, I probably don't want you as a customer as you are likely a pain in my arse on some other level anyway.
So what about those with a legitimate exception? Its people with attitudes like yours that are making is much harder on those with an exemption. Its just turning into a downward cycle for everyone.

Old 11-27-2020, 08:32 PM

People are loosing their minds and acting like idiots. This was completely out of line.

Sadly like others have said most people have no spine and just watch or record it. No offense to those who say they would step in but it seems like most are all talk when the time comes. This is not targeting anyone but from my experience when push comes to shove the number of people who actually react is very low. Most just stand there in shock
Old 11-27-2020, 08:45 PM

I was in the store moments before, and drove by again once the cops swarmed it. Not good for the perp!
Old 11-27-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
People are loosing their minds and acting like idiots. This was completely out of line.

Sadly like others have said most people have no spine and just watch or record it. No offense to those who say they would step in but it seems like most are all talk when the time comes. This is not targeting anyone but from my experience when push comes to shove the number of people who actually react is very low. Most just stand there in shock
The "someone should do something" line comes to mind.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
So what about those with a legitimate exception? Its people with attitudes like yours that are making is much harder on those with an exemption. Its just turning into a downward cycle for everyone.
What is a LEGITIMATE exception?? A note from a DOCTOR?? Seriously though, it is THEIR store, their RULES and if you can't follow the RULES, then don't shop there. Or you could give a list of items to a family member or friend to do your shopping if you are so debilitated. It's just that EASY
Old 11-27-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The "someone should do something" line comes to mind.
It’s not just physically altercation but can be said for major accidents, or any other high stress event
Old 11-27-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
What are the legitimate exceptions?

As for jumping in to the rescue one shouldn't be so sure. Few months ago in North edmonton saw a guy getting pretty rough with his girl. 3 of us ran at him to stop him. He reached in his passenger side door and pulled out a small axe( bigger than a hatchet) and came at us hard. I can tell you with some certainty I thought he was pulling out a hand gun and stuff was about to get real fast! Backed off and they managed to sleed off. I am 6'3 240#s and the other guys were around the same and that guy was soo jacked he didn't care.
EPS weren't even that excited. Only took 1 guys statement and number. Par for the course up that way I spose...

Last edited by ESOXangler; 11-27-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:22 PM

Wow I just saw the video. Those people are pathetic cowards. Zero respect for soft people.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
What is a LEGITIMATE exception?? A note from a DOCTOR?? Seriously though, it is THEIR store, their RULES and if you can't follow the RULES, then don't shop there. Or you could give a list of items to a family member or friend to do your shopping if you are so debilitated. It's just that EASY
The list of Legitimate exceptions from the Edmonton Bylaw page but they are the same throughout Alberta, Other provinces may have more listed.:
Quote:
There are exceptions to who must wear a face covering in public places. They include:

Those who cannot put one on or remove it without assistance
Children under two years of age
People who are unable to wear a face covering because of mental or physical concerns or protected reasons under the Alberta Human Rights Act
People providing care or assistance to a person with a disability when wearing a face covering would affect that service
People engaging in services that require the temporary removal of a face covering

I do happen to have a doctors note as well but legally not required. It may be their store but in fact it is illegal to refuse service if the person in question has a legit exemption. So far all the exceptions fall under religious beliefs and physical or mental disability. Its also illegal to pretend to have a disability. According to section 4 of the Alberta Human Rights Act:.

Quote:
Discrimination re goods, services, accommodation, facilities
4 No person shall
(a) deny to any person or class of persons any goods, services, accommodation or facilities that are customarily available to the public, or
(b) discriminate against any person or class of persons with respect to any goods, services, accommodation or facilities that are customarily available to the public, because of the race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status or sexual orientation of that person or class of persons or of any other person or class of persons.
If the stores want to deny access for the masks they could in fact be opening themselves up to legal problems. The City of Edmonton does have a complaint department for this issue, if a business receives enough complaints their business license could be revoked and or possible charges laid in extreme cases.

Last edited by ghostguy6; 11-27-2020 at 09:34 PM. Reason: info added
Old 11-27-2020, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
He said the if you legitimately couldn't wear a mask he will help you out...but not those using it as an excuse.
You can read, correct??
You're the type that is sending it into a downward cycle.