Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2020, 09:54 PM

People arent "stuck" with these latest banned guns. The government will toss a few bucks at the masses and of course, some ***** gun owner will bite

The rest of the smart ones will keep their guns

Those that sell their guns to creeps deserve to go to jail.

I agree that it's BS that police are seeing some sort of issue with these banned guns.

Keep your guns. Regardless of their status as set by that idiot Trudeau and his minion Blair. Those two are about as detached from reality as it gets. And that includes that disgusting pig Wendy........
Old 11-20-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Good grief, how idiotic. So you are saying we as the gun community should have no issue with someone 'legally' purchasing a firearm to then turn around and sell it to...say a gang member because what...we all have right to do own firearms?
Didn't realize that to be an 'outdoorsman' you need to support criminal activity.
You do realize that the LIEBERALS turn a great number of former "law abiding citizens" into CRMINIALS with the stroke of a pen? Yet some of you on here seem to think this is a good thing.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Actually there were mandatory sentences for using a firearm while committing a crime, but the liberal courts struck them down. Death sentences do actually reduce crime somewhat, as dead people can't reoffend, which most criminals do.
Why doesn't that surprise me. Again, liberal "logic and sense" at work for us.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***
Old 11-21-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
Why doesn't that surprise me. Again, liberal "logic and sense" at work for us.
Harper brought in the mandatory sentences, to actually go after criminals, and the liberal courts tossed them

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sup...imes-1.3031847
Old 11-21-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
You do realize that the LIEBERALS turn a great number of former "law abiding citizens" into CRMINIALS with the stroke of a pen? Yet some of you on here seem to think this is a good thing.
In two years ill be a criminal, In 10 years the bolt action guys will be criminals, In 15 years the over and under guys will be criminals. Unless people in Quebec and Toronto snap out of it and stop voting for bozos.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
In two years ill be a criminal, In 10 years the bolt action guys will be criminals, In 15 years the over and under guys will be criminals. Unless people in Quebec and Toronto snap out of it and stop voting for bozos.
The people in Toronto, Quebec and the Atlantic provinces will never learn.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Harper brought in the mandatory sentences, to actually go after criminals, and the liberal courts tossed them

Soft on laziness!!!

Quote:
Supreme Court quashes mandatory minimum sentences for gun crimes | CBC News

“ The ruling said the mandatory minimum sentence could ensnare people with "little or no moral fault" and who pose "little or no danger to the public."It cited as an example a person who inherits a firearm and does not immediately get a license for the weapon.”

Sounds like a gun ban could be quashed too as collectors pose "little or no danger to the public" and so it would “ensnare people with "little or no moral fault" “. That is, unless the gun owners are selling them to criminals or flipping out and using them in domestic and other disputes.

Last edited by KinAlberta; 11-21-2020 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinAlberta View Post
Soft on laziness!!!

Sounds like a gun ban could be quashed too as collectors pose "little or no danger to the public" and so it would “ensnare people with "little or no moral fault" “. That is, unless the gun owners are selling them to criminals or flipping out and using them in domestic and other disputes.
Not just firearms related, the liberals are soft on many crimes.

http://brianlilley.com/trudeau-wants...-of-jail-time/

https://tedfalk.ca/en/liberal-govern...erious-crimes/

Last edited by elkhunter11; 11-21-2020 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Have you ever noticed that most media releases for armed criminals that are arrested state that the criminals that were arrested had lengthy records, and already had firearms prohibitions? How about the courts implement meaningful sentences? If a criminal is in prison, he won't be out committing crimes with a firearm. And if convicted murderers are executed, they definitely won't reoffend. Our toothless legal system, and soft hearted judges, are a huge part of the problem.
Now we're gitten er!
Old 11-21-2020, 09:42 AM

This is interesting and factual. (See below.)

Quote:
The truth about gun ownership and domestic violence in Canada - Statscan Info - gundebate.ca

“ Of the 4% of Canadians experiencing violence, less than 1% (0.7%) of incidences reported that a firearm was present between intimate partners. In fact, firearms were only present in 0.5% of overall cases.
Does this mean that firearms were used in a threatening way in 0.5% of all spousal violence cases? No, it does not. A firearm does not have to be involved in the incident for the police to report it as “firearms present.” If a firearm can be located on the premises during the violent incident, whether or not it was securely locked in a safe, the incident would be considered involving a firearm.”

https://gundebate.ca/domestic-violen...statscan-info/

Note: Whenever I see “truth” in a headline I suspect propaganda. Also, I approach any argument that’s using only proportions or percentages without the associated numbers or numbers without the associated proportions as potentially manipulative and not “truth” seeking.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
You know, all it take to make a law abiding gun owner a criminal, is some idiot in Ottawa getting a few e mails from Torontonians and there are no limits to that, it will continue until we're totally disarmed. A lot of us have been made that way by administrative action, that's the way it's done in dictatorships.

Grizz
I assume you mean the few people in Toronto more than the entire province of AB.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:36 AM

Interesting

Quote:
Revenge, access to illegal guns partially behind Edmonton's recent shootings and gang violence: police
Author of the article:Lauren Boothby

But he said as far as he knows, none of the shootings connected to organized crime in Edmonton involved shooters who had licenses to buy or carry the firearms legally.

“There’s a lot of legal firearms being purchased or stolen and ending up on our streets … that’s another aspect of what my firearms investigation unit does is concentrate on … whether it be straw buyers (or) break-and-enter series in relation to firearms.”

Police were called to 38 Avenue and 78 Street around 1:30 a.m. on Feb. 29. Blais said the alleged shooters didn’t appear to have a target.

“Essentially, just being careless and reckless, and thinking that they could utilize the city of Edmonton as their gun range and start shooting at residences, which is beyond comprehension, is angering and maddening and, to be frank, disgusting,” he said.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...woods-shooting