Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned

Default 25 rimfire ammo

john here, im looking for 25 cal rimfire ammunition, a friend of mine owns a 25 cal rimfire rifle and cant seem to find any ammo for it, i know nothing about that particular cartridge i think he said the gun is made by stevens, it was given to him by his dad many years ago and he would really like to use it if anybody has or knows where to get some ammo i would very much appreciate it. thanx
Old 12-28-2009, 07:41 AM

Nobody has made ammo for the 25 stevens for decades. I used to have one in the 70's, it was obsolete then. If your lucky you might find some 70 year old ammo at a gunshow.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 AM

No one is making 25 Rimfire that I know of. CIL (Dominion Ammunition) in Canada made it till the mid 70s. That is the newest production ammo you are likely to find. If you can find some, old ammo sells for about $4/round.

Occaissionally small producers make batches and most are sold through US gun shows. Last big manufacturer I know of to make a run was Hornady a few years back. You could try callling them.

If the Stevens your friend has is a 441/2 in very good to excellent shape, good bore, wood in good shape, blueing still in place, it is a fairly valuable collectors item. Ones in fair to poor shape regularly sell for over a $1000 US just to recover the actions to make into something else. In VG or better, with high end wood and engraving that some came with, they have gone as high as $4000 if you can find the right buyer(usually means US buyer). Even a 53B is worh 400-500 in VG shape.

He may want to consider selling it or hanging it on the wall and buying something else as a shooter.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

thank you guys for the information, very much appreciated i will pass it on to my friend