Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2019, 09:42 PM

Default Failed Date. Lets hear it

Today

Skidooing with a friend. We used to date in the 80’s. Nice lady

She has a date with a lawyer at 5 so we head back so she can get ready and go. I drop her off at the date location (she assumes her date will drive her home)and head home to help out with supper.

Hour later. My phone dings. Its her

Guy shows up and had obviously been drinking. Being rude to the servers Tries to kiss her (first date btw)

She says come get me.

My partner says “I’ll go”. Im thinking oh oh, mr. lawyer is gonna meet the “cerebral Assassin “......

My partner gets there, pays the bill, walks to the table, takes my friend outta there while the lawyer is in the washroom 😂😂😂😂

We all ate lasagna, trying not to laugh as she described her short evening.

Im just surprised at how many of these idiotic dates occur. Surely for fun, you gals/guys have a funny/awful/horror story that we care to never repeat in 2019 or any other future year. Let’s hear it

Last edited by huntinstuff; 01-01-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Today

Skidooing with a friend. We used to date in the 80’s. Nice lady

She has a date with a lawyer at 5 so we head back so she can get ready and go. I drop her off at the date location and head home to help out with supper.

Hour later. My phone dings. Its her

Guy shows up and had obviously been drinking. Being rude to the servers Tries to kiss her (first date btw)

She says come get me.

My partner says “I’ll go”. Im thinking oh oh, mr. lawyer is gonna meet the “cerebral Assassin “......

My partner gets there, pays the bill, walks to the table, takes my friend outta there while the lawyer is in the washroom 😂😂😂😂

We all ate lasagna, trying not to laugh as she described her short evening.

Im just surprised at how many of these idiotic dates occur. Surely for fun, you gals/guys have a funny/awful/horror story that we care to never repeat in 2019 or any otger future year. Let’s hear it
Dating is hard... That was nice of your wife to go get her. The 'Crazy/Hot scale also applies to guys I assume.. Have you seen it?
Old 01-01-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Dating is hard... That was nice of your wife to go get her.
I just cant understand how many of these stories i hear

One friend sat and watched her date play xbox for 20 minutes before she up and left. Guy was 34!!!

Haven’t seen it. I’ll google it. Lol
Old 01-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbKYcBdVyk

Your welcome.... LOLOLOLOLOL

I promise you will laugh
Old 01-01-2019, 10:03 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

careful

Thats a dude
Old 01-02-2019, 12:07 AM

Mrs Tree was 19 when we first met. I was 22. It was 1996.

One of her crew was bumping uglies with one of mine. We met in passing at the bar a few times, and had hit it off.

One Saturday night a month or so in, I decided to ask her out. My plan was to take her rock climbing/sight seeing near Canmore the next day with a nice supper after.

She said she couldn't because she had to move that day. I was under the impression that she and a couple of friends had an apartment together, so I volunteered to help out.

Ugh!

I roll in to the address hung over as all hell the next morning. Turns out she still lived at home with her parents in a big arse house and the movers had crapped out on them.

My '82 F250 hauled 23 loads across the city in the three days to come and the rest is history. Best worst first date ever.

Tree
Old 01-02-2019, 02:49 AM

After getting divorced I tried the dating websites and lined up my first date in almost 15 years......we decided to meet for dinner and when she walked in she looked resemblant of her pictures but her pictures must have been taken about 10 years ago. Anyway, still went through with the date as im not rude, and at the end of the shortest date i could make it when i offered to pay she gave me an earful about how "modern dating" didnt require the man to be "in control" and pay all the time, and it was a chauvinistic attitude to offer to pay. I said perfect, paid my half and left wondering if that was the attitude these days for real.

Ended up that i got pulled over on the way home from that date by a cute female cop, and needless to say im now engaged to that cop, so things worked out just perfect. If that date would have gone better then I wouldnt have passed by her going a little too fast for her liking lol.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:03 AM

Hilarious. At least had future in laws approval. Major debt owed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Mrs Tree was 19 when we first met. I was 22. It was 1996.

One of her crew was bumping uglies with one of mine. We met in passing at the bar a few times, and had hit it off.

One Saturday night a month or so in, I decided to ask her out. My plan was to take her rock climbing/sight seeing near Canmore the next day with a nice supper after.

She said she couldn't because she had to move that day. I was under the impression that she and a couple of friends had an apartment together, so I volunteered to help out.

Ugh!

I roll in to the address hung over as all hell the next morning. Turns out she still lived at home with her parents in a big arse house and the movers had crapped out on them.

My '82 F250 hauled 23 loads across the city in the three days to come and the rest is history. Best worst first date ever.

Tree
Old 01-02-2019, 08:26 AM

I took flowers to her house on our first 'real' date. Her 60+ yr old widowed mother answered the door and introduced herself, to which I replied "Her mother? I thought you must have been her sister!" She giggled. I gave her the flowers. She blushed. Then made a quick get-away with her daughter and we had our first argument - about me flirting with her Mom. Not a great start....

But, we've had many more disagreements on various topics over the past 37 years, and my 'First step - win over the mother' strategy is still fondly recalled!
Old 01-02-2019, 09:14 AM

Was living in Victoria, BC at time. Went out on date with women robotics engineer. Picked her up in my Truck, (people don’t drive trucks in Victoria). Driving to restaurant, she was complaining about everything in her life (male sensor flashing red everywhere). I took control. I turned around did 180. Drove her back to her door. Not word was said..........Door was slammed shut.......
Old 01-02-2019, 09:42 AM

Not me but a good friend of mine. Met a girl at the bar and ended up taking her home in the morning in his 75 vette. Threw a robe on as it wasn't too far. On the way there, his muffler started dragging so when he got to her apartment, he ran upstairs to grab a coathanger for a quick repair. Came running down the stairs and instead of turning right for the door, slammed into the large glass pane. Pane disintegrated, luckily he wasn't cut. Lays out on the street with Jim and the twins hanging out as he wires up the muffler. Halfway home he sees his spare bouncing down the road. Maybe not such a bad date as a bad day!
Old 01-02-2019, 10:24 AM

Went out on a date for chicken wings with a girl I met online. She was much bigger than the photographs showed but I figured I wouldn’t be shallow and would continue the date. She proceeded to complain how she didn’t eat beef because it was inhumane how beef was killed yet had no issues eating chicken or fish. I tried to explain as my family farms but she knew all (city girl). Needless to say the date didn’t go well and we parted ways. Somehow she thought it went well though and she ended up getting mad at me the next day cause I didn’t text her and went on and on how rude it was for me not to message her. Tried to be polite and say I wasn’t interested but she wouldn’t have it and wouldn’t stop messaging me. Decided to be honest and tell her she was a know it all bit?$ that didn’t look anything like her pictures. She didn’t message me again after that.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:09 PM

I used to travel around the states a lot on little to no money. One time I was stuck in Cleveland, Ohio for a few days with no where to sleep. I decided to burn out one night at a bar drinking coffee till they closed. Got a front row seat of a terrible date.

They sat beside each other quietly. He kept trying to make small talk... but in such an awkward way. They were both in their 30's I'd guess. He asked her "have you seen the new batman?"... to which she replied "no. I don't like those movies"... but for some reason he replied "oh.. then this won't make sense".... as he began doing impersonations (that sucked). Eventually the date ended.. he paid... then the server returned to let them know the $50 bill he paid with was a fake.... she left pretty quick hahahaha
Old 01-02-2019, 12:14 PM

Andrews mention reminded me of something I once witnessed as a bystander that was surely two people meeting from some online dating site. I was in a Subway and these two were in front of me and went through what was obviously a first time introduction, the woman was probably 6'2" and in the mid to high 200 lb range, big Viking type. She was beyond rude to the Subway employee, requesting that they wash their hands repeatedly, the first 2-3 times were not to her exacting standards so she'd ask yet again in an unnecessarily assertive and demanding manner. I felt for both the employee and that guy but at least he learned she was displaying her extra-weird qualities right away. I'm not sure if she was just obsessively concerned with hygiene or was also a bit racist to the Philipina 'Sandwich Artist'. I made a point about being sarcastic about the woman's rudeness to let the unfortunate staffer know that I was on her side and that she should not feel demeaned.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:32 PM

If this weren't a public forum, I have some fairly ridiculous escapades during my tenure on Tinder.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:32 PM

A few years ago, I got set up on a date. Originally it was supposed to be dinner with some friends but they bailed last minute, actually I'm fairly sure they planned the whole thing so it would just me and their friend. I had mentioed previously I thought she was cute so..... Its me and this girl named Erin waiting for our friends to show up when they suddenly cancel leaving just the two of us at The Keg. I thought Erin was pretty cute so I decided to make the best of it. The night started off well enough, she did most of the talking but at least it was an interesting conversation. About 20 minutes after our food arrives she finally asks me about my hobbies. When I told her I liked hunting and fishing she flew off the handle and tore a strip out of me about how it was wrong to kill animals for food and I should get my meat from the store like everyone else. She tried to keep it semi discrete but I could tell everyone in the section knew we were having a polite argument. After about 10 minutes of this I just looked her straight in the eye and in a calm voice said " Where do you think that steak your eating came from? That cow probably spent its entire life in a pen being feed hormones to make it fat, at least my wild meat lived free and died humanely!" At that point she got a disgusted look on her face while she stared at the half eaten steak on her plate. You could tell she just figured out where meat really came from then she just got up and walked out of restaurant. I even got a clap from one of the nearby tables. I stayed to finish my steak but the server brought me a chocolate lava cake at the managers request. Apparently the manager had witnessed the whole event and was impressed how I didn't loose my cool with Erin.
My friends to this day, still insist they weren't setting me up but when ever it comes up they quickly get very quiet and change the subject. I never heard another word from Erin again.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 01-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Banned

Date was good enough, ended back at my place for some late night fun.
I was driving her ‘home’ afterwards and I knew she was downtown but she wanted me to drop her off at this certain hotel. I was trying to get a more specific answer from her as there are a few of them DT.
Finally I got enough info about where she wanted to me go and I said isn’t that near the women’s shelter?
To which she started bawling and the truth of her situation came out.

A few hours prior i was told she was separated, living with a friend DT until she could get things together for herself. ( same friend who dropped her off)
“Car wasn’t working”

She was staying at the shelter.

OY!

Another one I met had used filters on her pictures to make herself look way more appealing than in real life.

She wasn’t.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:08 PM

Anyone remember Cal's failed date?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=106120
Old 01-02-2019, 04:12 PM

Met a gorgeous young mexican exchange student in grade 10. like Salma Hayek beautiful. I helped with english. I asked her to go to a movie. The mvie was my girl. Well poor little macauly culkin was attacked by bees and died. I stood up and laughed..... she stood up, slapped my and walked out.

I went "home alone".
Old 01-02-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Met a gorgeous young mexican exchange student in grade 10. like Salma Hayek beautiful. I helped with english. I asked her to go to a movie. The mvie was my girl. Well poor little macauly culkin was attacked by bees and died. I stood up and laughed..... she stood up, slapped my and walked out.

I went "home alone".
This reminds me of one that actually involved me! I was in Malta (a small Mediterranean island nation south of Sicily) on holiday with a buddy, it was our last night there and we were having dinner with a pair of lovely local girls when I started feeling seriously ill, I didn't know it was a migraine at the time but I recognize them now. Anyways, feeling as awful as I did I opted to excuse myself so I could go rest. My buddy was paired up with the other one of the two women so the other girl with whom I was chatting through supper offered to walk me back to where we were staying. Being a rather dense fellow it was not until she was wanting to come in that I realized the petite Mediterranean beauty was interested in sampling something from the Canadian menu, that just made me feel worse because of what I was missing out on. She was also cut in the general Salma Hayek mold. I hurled shortly after she left, downed a pile of Advil and rested until I felt human, then went back to try and find the group to no avail. That missed opportunity bugs me to this day.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:56 PM

College in the 80’s

This farm girl and I had met a couple times. Tall lean absolutely beautiful.

Never really talked to her prior to this first/last date. But I asked and she said yes

Picked her up and she was wearing a tank top and shirt, jeans and boots. All new, all clean, but.......the farm smell was evident. It obviously permeated their home. Wow. It was kinda distracting

Anyhow I decide we will go for a walk near the U of L after grabbing a few beers to take along.

Honestly, the southern wind seemed to insist on bringing that farm smell my way.

I had an idea. She and I entered the Max Bell aquatic centre and, as it was late, we were alone. I dared her to jump in the pool. She insisted on taking her boots off and I agreed. Babe dives in fully clothed. I take out my wallet and jump in too.

After 10 minutes we get caught and asked to leave. We walk out dripping and, not to my surprise, she no longer carries the farm with her!!!!!! She smells like a pool. Waaaayyyy better!!

The rest of the evening is the best ever. Until i take her home and her mom is “concerned and questioning “ why her daughters hair is no longer curled, she might be tipsy and her clothes are damp...........suddenly im the guy she cant date anymore
Old 01-02-2019, 07:39 PM

It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 01-02-2019, 08:34 PM

Jezzz's starting to read like a old Penthouse Form letters