Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2018, 08:54 PM

Smile Thanks guys

I think Douglas is made by Novosbed

just gotta pull the trigger

looking like Novosbed firm because of the additional side support and if its to firm after 30 days will get the free topper
Old 12-21-2018, 09:12 PM

More knowledge about foam and mattresses would help everyone here. Almost 20 years prior in bedding and more understanding of foam would probably make this to be more help.

First foam density means how many lbs foam weighs in a cubic foot block. There is also the ild of the foam which is how hard or soft it is. Hard foam can be high or low density and vice versa so dont be fooled. A lot of the mattress world is like used cars but not always the real story.

Buy for support + comfort first as we all have different issues like hip, shoulder, back etc. and they all require a different support/comfort of bed. We also change so what worked years ago may not work today.
Also remember good memory foam beds are not solid memory foam but just layers on top of block foam just like a coil bed with foam on top.

Block foam/coils are for support and memory foam and others are there for comfort and pressure relief.
Buy what works for you but always focus on support+comfort first.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:53 PM

Thumbs up

Good bit of info to know

And you sleep on/would recommend?
Old 12-22-2018, 10:23 PM

Currently own a Tempur pedic, forgot the model name but it's the firmest model they sell, got it from Ashley's Furniture, they were able to give the best price.

I can't comment on the softer foam but due to this being really firm I never sweat in the summer one, but I used to sweat a lot when we had a Sealy and that bed lost it's comfort only after a year. Foam has definitely changed in the past few years, if you don't sweat now at night you won't with your foam mattress. But if you're concerned I know Tempur Pedic sells mattresses with a cooling feature.
I went with Tempur Pedic due to the 10 year warranty, but it's been less than a year and it definitely hasn't kept it's firmness compared to when we bought it new.

Definitely don't cheapen out on your mattress, best investment you'll ever do for yourself, especially your health, makes a huge difference. Also don't forget about a good pillow, wife bought me a Tempur Pedic back pillow, would not recommend it lol, go with the side pillow they have, awesome sleeps now.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:33 PM

I personally sleep on a Kingsdown Palais Royale. Not a fan of all foam and don't find them that comfortable myself but everyone has their fave. Just be careful on foam as some are good and some are just a bunch of fluff and not always what you think they are. Read the fine print as to what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.K View Post
Good bit of info to know

And you sleep on/would recommend?
Old 12-23-2018, 01:33 PM

I have a Kings Down (not sure which model as sheets are on it, lol)

King size mattress and it has softened on both edges even though we rotate frequently (Bought at Sears and it wasn't cheap)

Middle is still nice and firm and higher than the sides
Old 12-23-2018, 03:02 PM

That's because you are sitting on the edge of your bed. Foam is just to keep you from falling out and will get softer than the coils when it gets used a lot. It is also a lot cheaper than the old Z guards they used to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.K View Post
I have a Kings Down (not sure which model as sheets are on it, lol)

King size mattress and it has softened on both edges even though we rotate frequently (Bought at Sears and it wasn't cheap)

Middle is still nice and firm and higher than the sides
Old 12-23-2018, 06:28 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPZmJNlz7ww
Old 12-27-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
The wife wanted a Tempur-Pedic,
I said no way.

One wife at a time is enough.
I don't want no mattress reminding me of all the mistakes I've made.
================================================
This WIFE HAD a Tempur-Pedic in USA and IT WOULD HAVE COME WITH ME BUD...………...EXCEPT to bring a mattress into Canada it has to be cleaned first and THAT seemed like a possibility that might damage it or cost way too much so I gifted it to MY LONGEST BESTEST GALFRIEND'S DAUGHTER WHO HAS BACK ISSUES AND SHE LOVES IT...……………..

NOW I know what to buy HIM for his Birthday ***GRIN*** AND I have the money honey...…………***GRIN***
Old 12-27-2018, 04:22 PM

Saw the Sealy Posturepedic Swift at Costco yesterday anyone have experience with them?
Old 01-02-2019, 10:46 AM

I bought a Novosbed mattress in 2014 and have really enjoyed it. The most consistently comfortable mattress I've had. I bought a second one earlier this year for the guest room. http://novosbed.refr.cc/X8S52CW

I primarily sleep on my side so I got the softest mattress they have. One concern I had was that the foam would be hot while I sleep. However it is very comfortable and I've never felt like the foam is hot. I highly recommend them!

BTW Novosbed always has $100 'off'. It feels a bit deceptive as it may incline consumers to rush their purchase. Their Boxing Week "Sale" isn't a sale at all. However I very much enjoy their mattresses.