Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 PM

Default Best Christmas Deals

So everyone has had a chance to check out the boxing and Christmas sales at our local shooting places...who got and where were the best deals? I checked out BPS in Calgary--- --- not much there for a shooter...just department store sporting goods.... Russells - better! today is there last day and had to grab some more 20% off bullets....managed to get the last of powder and some primers last week.....my shooting parder picked up a nice Bushnell 6500 for 20% off......also camo etc at 70% off.
L'il shooter hit WSP with his buddies and got a different reception..other than their flyer, it was "where is waldo" looking for deals.....they left with a poor taste in their mouth (surprise surprise as the service at WSP is the like the weather in Calgary)
I was out there last week and inquired where the deals were with the rifles..the counter fellah handed me their price list and said help yourself, we have not idea.....ahh WSP...boy I am going to miss Russells.....
take a number everyone, its could be a long 2010
Old 12-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Well, where i do my shopping they had a 10 to 15% sale on guns, 15% on scopes and 25% on ammo as well as other things.

I had been planning on a new rifle as my questions on these forums show and couldn't decide on one well and he gave me a super deal.

Picked up a Norinco 305, a slightly used .338 federal Ruger m77 stainless with cammo stock, 2 boxes of .308 made by Rem as well as a 25$ renewal of our ( my GF shops there too ) 7% discount loyalty card. All this for 1084$ tax incul and in Qc they nail you right in the pooper with that.

Here's some quick pic's i took

The price discount i really got was like 25% + and I couldn't pass that up so Merry Christmas to me and say you're prayers furry woodland creatures
Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 AM

I did pick up two Thompson Center Black Diamond XR inline 50 cal muzzleloaders the other day. One was $110 the other one was $150. Can't go wrong....WSs did have some good gun deals, but you did have to pick around, nothing was advertised at all.