Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2014, 10:54 PM

Default How 'Bout Those Flames?! Thread

....How About Those Flames?? Thread.

Down 2-0 going in to the 3rd against Ducks, (you know, that first in Pacific team that was going to show everyone how the Flames couldn't really compete against a first rate team?). Score 3 in a row, and end up winning in shootout. Move up 2 places to 6th overall, ahead of Canucks again. 1st in league with 3rd period goals with 27, Habs have 26.

And that is with some key players injured and out at the moment, with some young guys filling big skates. All I can say is, it's been a long time since I could look forward to watching the Flames play, and not worry about my eyes bleeding by the end of the debacle.

And now, Haters.......Hate away! Tell me again how 'this is the year' for that 28th place bunch of first pick talent.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-18-2014, 11:20 PM

Thumbs up

Good on 'em!
No quit in that team right now, for sure.
Hiller was mighty happy to get that win against his old team!
Old 11-18-2014, 11:28 PM

Was at game, probably the best live game I've seen( specialy 3, ot and shootouts). It's so fun watching the young guys. Johnny hockey is crazy, smooth, smart and soft hands. Hard to believe how strong on the puck he is. And no forgetting Monahan, just a complete stud.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
Was at game, probably the best live game I've seen( specialy 3, ot and shootouts). It's so fun watching the young guys. Johnny hockey is crazy, smooth, smart and soft hands. Hard to believe how strong on the puck he is. And no forgetting Monahan, just a complete stud.
For sure. Watching Johnny G really reminds me of Patrick Kane. No quit in those boys, and I agree about getting a new Captain in Gio and sending Iggy on. Still have an Iggy jersey and will still wear it, but his time was done.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-19-2014, 08:42 AM

Fun to watch for sure
Old 11-19-2014, 10:00 AM

Default Flames

The Flames have always been my team, and I am very impressed, with how Hartley, is getting the most out of these kids, the hard part, is yet to come.
How do you insert the veterans, that are hurt, back into this lineup, that is showing so much, success.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:28 PM

I fought tooth and nail a few years back about how the key to a winning team starts with a strong captain. I was ripped for calling Iggy out as being wrong for the role.

Guess what keyed the turnaround?

Jaaaiimeeee, where are you? Lol

Kidding aside, good on em. I wish my Oil had HALF the heart, but again another POS captain leads the way (idiot coach/mngt don't help either).
Old 11-23-2014, 08:30 AM

Default It's all about Leadership

Gio has these guys believing they can beat anyone. I live in Edmonton but cheer for the Flames and it is incredible to watch how these two teams react to being down a goal or two. I was going back and forth between the Calgary Jersey game last night versus Edmonton Chicago. It was over the minute the the second goal went in against Edmonton. They packed their tent. You could see it on the bench, you could see it in who came out of the corner with the puck. Calgary will not give up.

So what would you do if you are Edmonton? You can't fire the coach.....again and again! The guys are too young, have not been taught how to win and what it takes to play as a team. Even Dallas said after the game that everyone started playing as individuals after the second goal and the worst perpetrator of this in Hall!

It's sad but it's all about leadership. I hope Calgary makes the playoffs, they deserve it so far and Gio will and should win the Norris.

Go Flames go!
Old 12-02-2014, 10:08 PM

Gotta give full props to the Flamers....... Ahh hell. Flames. Pretty fun crew to watch these days. I'm happy for you.

(Gawd, that was almost PAINFUL. ).
Old 12-02-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Gotta give full props to the Flamers....... Ahh hell. Flames. Pretty fun crew to watch these days. I'm happy for you.

Jesus put a little gold star beside your name for giving that up TreeGuy.....

And yeah, hell of a game. I thought it was totally classy for Johnny Gaudreau to dish that puck so nicely to Jooris so he could get his hat trick.

The chemistry on the bench was so obviously good after that, all the smiles, pats on the back, I think Glencross went and grabbed his hatty puck for him. Those guys are loving wearing the Flames jersey, and they are not going to go away quietly. Truly good chemistry, from coaches on down.

The biggest issue is what to do with the returning players....(keep Colbourne, ditch Stajan IMO)....

Another fun night of Flames 'Take No Prisoners' Hockey.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:43 PM

and the green led ..gos to Bouma ,,wasn't a great game,,,but a win is a win ;0
Old 12-02-2014, 10:44 PM

Thumbs up

wideman ,,,smart man
Old 12-02-2014, 10:46 PM

Talking

The FLAMES well wear ya down,,rolllin rolllin rollin
Old 12-02-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:

Why don't you just dump the Oilers and become a Flamer...I mean your a Calgary guy it only makes sense, besides it looks like the Oilers are going to be in the tank for a few years yet...

"Always surprised at the people that come here and trash Alberta. Why put yourself through the torture of living here? Start your own thread about why Alberta is the worst place to live and why you stay."

Rugatika
Old 12-02-2014, 10:53 PM

Did BP just make a pass at me?????
Old 12-02-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Did BP just make a pass at me?????

"Always surprised at the people that come here and trash Alberta. Why put yourself through the torture of living here? Start your own thread about why Alberta is the worst place to live and why you stay."

Rugatika
Old 12-02-2014, 11:17 PM

Old 12-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Banned

You 2 need a room?

Good game by the Flames. Great Hat trick and a even better pass.

This team could go on a heck of a streak. next few games are against some weeker teams.

Jamie
Old 12-04-2014, 09:56 PM

Another 3rd period comeback...unreal!!!

Rugatika
Old 12-04-2014, 09:56 PM

Another win for the good guys. Heck of a game!
Old 01-31-2015, 11:36 PM

Notice Captain Cupcake waited till they came back before he started chirping
Old 01-31-2015, 11:55 PM

All we needed was a good 20mins to beat this really crappy team...hanging around in a playoff spot, life is good....

Rugatika
Old 02-01-2015, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Notice Captain Cupcake waited till they came back before he started chirping
Captain CUPCAKE????

Come on keep it nice. Lololol

Sorry, I was busy with a basement full of kids. Unfortunatly there was a Leafs fan in attendance. We made him bring snacks before being allowed in the house.
Kid actually showed up in a leafs jersey.....

There is no battle of Alberta anymore. Nothing to chirp about. Perhaps when Edmonton gets a NHL team again we can have some fun.

Jamie
Old 02-01-2015, 05:47 AM

Yes "Captain Cupcake!" Ference should been on the same bus as Eakins. I am all for communtiy involvement but he really is a joke as captain. He is like that person at work that organizes all the birthday and christmas parties but is brutal when it comes to the actual job. I pray someone offers a bag pucks for him at trade deadline but I doubt that will happen. And maybe we can get a rack water bottle for Niki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Captain CUPCAKE????

Come on keep it nice. Lololol

Sorry, I was busy with a basement full of kids. Unfortunatly there was a Leafs fan in attendance. We made him bring snacks before being allowed in the house.
Kid actually showed up in a leafs jersey.....

There is no battle of Alberta anymore. Nothing to chirp about. Perhaps when Edmonton gets a NHL team again we can have some fun.

Jamie
Old 02-01-2015, 06:13 AM

Agreed Ference is a #6 D man at best and is a goofy choice as captain but the Oilers are a goofy org. so it does sort of fit, Taylor Hall is hurt and may not play for awhile I imagine he's really upset about that lol

Rugatika
Old 02-01-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Agreed Ference is a #6 D man at best and is a goofy choice as captain but the Oilers are a goofy org. so it does sort of fit, Taylor Hall is hurt and may not play for awhile I imagine he's really upset about that lol
They seem better without him in the line up. No idea what the actual numbers are.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Jamie
Yeah, that battle is pretty much over. In the last 10 years, they have played 71 games (to date). Calgary has won 45 of those, Oil 26. That is about a 65-35% win/loss ratio. Not much of a battle there.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Huge win against the Jets tonight I guess from now til spring there all huge wins...wouldn't mind seein the Oilers beat SJ tonight...

Rugatika
Old 02-02-2015, 10:02 PM

Geez, and the little guys are sick of Burkie yipping truculence. They played a big man's game against a much larger team. I wish they were a little bigger, but I stopped questioning their heart about week 2. They have more finish around the net than they've had since '89, IMO.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Huge win against the Jets tonight I guess from now til spring there all huge wins...wouldn't mind seein the Oilers beat SJ tonight...
....and they did, even if it took 13 shooters in the shoot out to do it. Always good for the Flames when a western conference rival gets beat. Especially by a team that is no threat to them.

The Flames win against the Jets was beauty, very good game to watch.