Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 06:52 PM

Default LaForce outdoors

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this guy. Came across his website and his prices are pretty good. I have never heard of this outfitter so was just looking if any of you have any info for me. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:31 PM

I've met him once at a long distance shooting event. Seems like a good guy. Some of the instructors I've shot with/been instructed by/bought stuff from highly endorse the guy. I can't speak of the actual outfitting experience, however. His social media presence seems to be consistently "we'll help you achieve the skills to do this on your own" which is certainly a different style. He's also ex-military and offers special deals to ex- and serving members.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:39 PM

Default Laforce

I met him briefly at the outdoorsmen show in Edmonton and he seemed top notch. He himself is is ex military and apparently so are his guides. His hunts seem quite "hardcore" lol which is cool. No quad rides in to shoot a trophy and quad out. Seems like long hikes and lots of work. Which is awesome. His prices are good and as stated above offers discounts to vets which is awesome.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:08 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Just read his website seems he has it together, I would contact him as with all outfitters and reach out to his past clientele.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-05-2017, 08:41 PM

I've spoke with him several times. Seems solid on all levels. I think for a price point resident hunt you'd get exactly what you expect for under 1K Canadian.

Also when compared to his competition the guys a rockstar 😳
Old 02-05-2017, 10:03 PM

Yes, seems like Samuel runs a good operation. I wonder how is able to offer such good hunts for such good rates - he can't be making a ton of money, but don't think that is his only motivation with the outfit.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmac View Post
Yes, seems like Samuel runs a good operation. I wonder how is able to offer such good hunts for such good rates - he can't be making a ton of money, but don't think that is his only motivation with the outfit.
He likely isn't making any money at all, in fact at the rates he charges it's likely costing him money and he's donating his time because he likes it.

Even Crack Tooth Betty charges more, and you get the pleasure of looking at him while eating and hanging out in the beautiful double wide 😁
Old 02-06-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Even Crack Tooth Betty charges more, and you get the pleasure of looking at him while eating and hanging out in the beautiful double wide 😁
Come on, Im sure he is offering an unbeatable hunting experience for his clients!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:03 AM

Default How was your hunt

Looking at booking with this guy next year. Did you end up hunting with him? if so, I'd love to hear about it!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw12 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this guy. Came across his website and his prices are pretty good. I have never heard of this outfitter so was just looking if any of you have any info for me. Thanks in advance.
Sent you a PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:58 AM

My inbox doesn't show any messages. I am new to this thread but I can't wait to hear your feedback. I'll keep looking for it thanks!
Old 05-22-2020, 11:02 AM

I too am interested to see the outcome from someone that has actually hunted with him Tork has a very good read on what makes a good outfitter so I put a lot of credence in his recommending this guy but first hand hunt experience just can't be beat.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:39 PM

Default LaForce

Guys, read the post below - Eastern Whitetail Hunters hunt, by Victorsmash. He was guided by Laforce. Maybe send him a PM.
kidd
Old 05-22-2020, 02:41 PM

He runs a top notch operation and gives it his all, not to mention he loves what he does and it really shows, I’ve hunted bears with him and I’d put it as a highlight of my hunting life, so willing to pass on his knowledge. If anyone has any questions send me a pm I’ll happily answer them and proudly vouch for Samuels character. He is truly top notch.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:36 AM

I hunted the same ridge for elk this year and we had several friendly conversations with both Mr Laforce and a buddy of his who guides for him (also former military). Extremely nice guys and motivated. We hunt rough country using the quads god gave us and these boys were tearing it up with a 5 year old in tow.

One of his clients did a great write up on Rokslide about his hunt for mule deer and it's a great read.

https://www.rokslide.com/alberta-mule-deer-hunt/

If I was in the market for a guide, I can tell you he'd be my first call.

Cheers,
Huk
Old 05-25-2020, 12:10 PM

Went with Sam on a backcountry late season elk hunt. Was a great experience, minimalist for sure - you bring all your own gear and food. We shared a tipi tent and stove, but you carry all your own gear and are expected to be in mountain shape as Sam can cover some ground quickly.

100% recommend especially if what you're looking for is to increase your own confidence in doing your own backcountry hunt.

Bryan.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:46 AM

Used Sammy twice up in the Ft .Mac area and above.
guided me on a bear hunt with burnt lake outfitters 4 years ago. great chocolate blackie and an second black bear.
Moose hunting with him 2 years ago. 1x1 with camp cook.
Great experience with 9 days out in field. no moose as it was near birch mountain area later in last week of sept. and not a moment he wasn't thinking of a way to find one. he's a mover and you better be prepared for the Hunt!
We covered lots of ground daily.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:27 AM

I did a quick bear hunt with him a couple years ago when he had an opening and he was just starting up. He tries hard and gave me lots of tips as I had never gone before at that time. Id go again if I was looking for an outfitter but do it on my own now. Hes former military and doesn't mess around
Old 05-26-2020, 11:35 AM

I think the Op's question was answered.